Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Parasitic Weapons Info

Default Parasitic Weapons Info

Just thought I'd share some clips and the few things I've learned using my fully unlocked parasitic weapon:

Basic Info:

The strength of the weapon depends on your affinity/bonding level. It goes up to 9. There are also three unlock levels- which determine your max bonding level. Bonding isn't by number of strikes- it's by the amount of blood you feed it. Blood is fed to it every time you pull the weapon out (it can be a lot), when blood flares go off, and occasionally just for kicks. Once you think you have enough blood to raise your bonding level, you PRAY to the weapon. It will then speak to you if it's time. As you gain more affinity, the messaging begins to change a bit. Also every 30 minutes you have to PRAY and feed it more blood. (assuming you haven't sheathed it since taken it out) If you don't, it's dormant and doesn't flare.

They are blessable.

At base affinity, you get blood flares. They seem to go off more frequently than normal flares (small sample size though, so take with a grain of salt). They also do a slight amount of damage to you as well. I think that damage is reduced by bonding. But time will tell if I'm right on that front.

At Affinity level 4: You get Parasitic Bond. Every 10 minutes you can KISS the weapon, and the next time it attacks it drains health and returns it to you. Flares also begin to increase in power at this point.

At Affinity level 5: Your weapon will no longer draw blood from you randomly when swinging it.

At Affinity level 6: Your weapon will now refer to you as "Master".

At affinity level 8: The parasitic bond will start kicking in passively if you're below 30% health (triggers once every 30 minutes). Based on Retser's post, it seems to return quite a bit.

At affinity level 9: Every hour you can have the weapon create a massive 10x increase to CON, AS, padding, etc. for 2 minutes.

Messaging

Here's some sample awesome messaging. The weapon is sentient and very opinionated:

Someone else holding the weapon after you've bonded to it (it also drains their health)
    The jade spikestar shudders violently in your hand before sending a wave of jade crystalline shards deep into your flesh! A sentient sounding voice growls in your mind, "Unhand me, you are not the one I obey!"

Removing the glove after you've bonded to the weapon
    You grasp at your jade gloves and begin to pull. A shrill cry reverberates through your mind, "NOOOOOO! DON'T DO THIS TO USSSSSS!" A sudden sense of panic floods your senses as you continue to pull. You watch as jade tentacles slowly give way, releasing the jade gloves from your flesh. A weak sounding voice whispers from seemingly far away, "No... No...feed me..."
    Roundtime: 3 sec.

Unbonding (unbonding is instant. You don't have to work the bond off if you inherit someone else's parasitic weapon)
    "You slowly push your finger against your maroon gloves, watching as a slender tentacle coalesces around it. A soft voice enters your mind, "So, you wish to be rid of me?"."

"You smash your maroon gloves against the floor! You hear a sickening squish as several tentacles flail wildly. You draw back your maroon gloves again and strike again, and again. The being within the maroon gloves slowly stops moving as you hear a now foreign voice enter your mind, "... Goodbye World..."."

Sheathing the weapon back into the glove
    The crimson crystalline formations surrounding your jade spikestar begins to dissolve, beads of jade liquid reverse directions, traveling up your arm. Several tentacles appear, latching onto your flesh as they burrow beneath. As the tentacles burrow deeper, the last of your spikestar dissolves into a pool of jade and crimson hues. The liquid entity spirals across you with snake-like movements before returning to your jade gloves. A faint voice enters in your mind, "... and so I return. Do not leave me here too long..."

Pulling the weapon out (as mentioned earlier, this drains anywhere from a few HP to well over 100. This counts towards your bonding)
    You stretch out your right arm, watching several jade tentacles spread out from your jade gloves. They painfully burrow under your skin, spiraling up and down your arm. Gradually they move into the palm of your hand as they begin to wrap around themselves. A sentient voice whispers, "I took what I needed to materialize, stranger. Blood of my blood, body of my body, our wills are one." The undulating jade liquid in the palm of your hand rapidly hardens as it stretches upward. You watch as the jade half-crystallized liquid from your gloves slowly takes shape into a jade spikestar. Beads of jade liquid drop from its form as the last of your spikestar crystallizes.

Bolded area changes as your bonding increases

Occasionally Occurs While Holding The Weapon (drains minuscule HP)
    A collection of tentacles burrow into your flesh from your jade spikestar. You shudder as your jade spikestar draws upon your blood.

There are a ton of other verb traps that I was too lazy to post

In Combat

Note: I bonded to mine, so I get plasma flares as well as blood flares. These are GREAT Paladin weapons.

You swing a crystallized jade spikestar at an Ithzir adept!
    An Ithzir adept's exterior hardens for a moment and softens the attack!
    AS: +500 vs DS: +404 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +19 = +149
    ... and hit for 33 points of damage!
    You broke the Ithzir adept's nose!
    The Ithzir adept is stunned!

** Necrotic energy from your jade spikestar overflows into you! **

You feel healed!

** Your jade spikestar pulses with a burst of plasma energy! **

... 25 points of damage!
    Superheated energy causes the artery in the Ithzir adept's leg to explode!
    It is knocked to the ground!

** Your jade spikestar sprays with a burst of plasma energy! **

... 15 points of damage!
    Dazzling arc of energy traces blackened path across the Ithzir adept's back!
    You wince as the jade spikestar draws upon your blood as it strikes.
    ** A slender jade and crimson tendril lashes out from a crystallized jade spikestar and slashes an Ithzir adept's left hand! **

... 20 points of damage!
    Deep cut to the Ithzir adept's left hand!
    Seems to have broken some fingers too.
    Roundtime: 6 sec.

You swing a crystallized jade spikestar at a greater construct!
    AS: +500 vs DS: +276 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +69 = +312
    ... and hit for 72 points of damage!
    Strike pierces calf!
    The greater construct is knocked to the ground!
    The shimmering gold aura surrounding the greater construct flickers momentarily.
    ** A slender jade and crimson tendril lashes out from a crystallized jade spikestar and slashes a greater construct's left eye! **

... 25 points of damage!
    Slash strikes the greater construct's left eye.
    Seems there was a brain there after all.

You swing a crystallized jade spikestar at a greater construct!
    AS: +480 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +65 = +275
    ... and hit for 48 points of damage!
    Flattened the greater construct's left hand.
    The shimmering gold aura surrounding the greater construct flickers momentarily.
    ** A slender jade and crimson tendril lashes out from a crystallized jade spikestar and slashes a greater construct's throat! **

... 25 points of damage!
    Fast slash to the greater construct's neck exposes its windpipe.
    Quick anatomy lesson, anyone?
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    Last edited by time4fun; 05-08-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Nice! Thanks for posting this

Eh. Not as sexy as one would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Eh. Not as sexy as one would hope.
    Not for the total BS price tag sadly.

Cool weapons, but 110k BS? Not sure on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

110k?! Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

Oh fuck that. For 110k BS I better get a blowjob with that.

Did you check to see what abilities were unlocked with each tier?
    Player of Durakar

Well, the 110k BS is for it fully unlocked to T3.

They have 10k off the shelf.

Tier 1 unlock is 5k....Tier 2 is like 32kish...Tier 3 was like 64kish or something

Erm, keep in mind that these are posts from a level 3 affinity out of 9 total.

The flares get stronger as affinity goes up, and most of the abilities weren't showcased because they aren't unlocked on my weapon yet.

So you're basically looking at the OTS version right now.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    3 out of 9 total.
    No, I'm good. Fuck this noise, I'm out.