Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Spy Balloon

Default Chinese Spy Balloon

WTF is going on? This demands an immediate military response.

Edit: I didn’t see the other thread and not sure how to delete this one.

Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 02-03-2023 at 06:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    WTF is going on? This demands an immediate military response.

Edit: I didn’t see the other thread and not sure how to delete this one.

Honestly, is it possible to have too many balloon threads?

Personally, I think it's just a Chinese weather research balloon that got caught up in the jet stream.

I take this kind of shit with a grain of salt. It makes for a great distraction to call it a Chinese spy balloon when you're losing public support for a proxy war with our mortal enemy.

update: Sounds like another balloon has been spotted over Latin America, so, who the hell knows.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 02-03-2023 at 08:25 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I take this kind of shit with a grain of salt. It makes for a great distraction to call it a Chinese spy balloon when you're losing public support for a proxy war with our mortal enemy.
    It’s a shame it turned out that way. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, we missed out on a golden opportunity to create a better world. That is our own failure. Look no further than Japan post WW2 as proof of concept. Alas, in our present time Russia is indeed our mortal enemy albeit but a shadow of the power they once were.

That being said, Ukraine is and always has been a war-torn shit-stained nation of illiterate peasants. The Steppes are geographically positioned to be the eternal battleground between the last alliance of men & elves VS Sauron’s vast army of orcs and Easternlings. They are not a country worthy of our blank check, nor is it fiscally responsible to do so at the moment.

Edit: unless of course you mean China as the mortal enemy.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 02-03-2023 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries

It’s a shame it turned out that way. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, we missed out on a golden opportunity to create a better world. That is our own failure. Look no further than Japan post WW2 as proof of concept. Alas, in our present time Russia is indeed our mortal enemy albeit but a shadow of the power they once were.

That being said, Ukraine is and always has been a war-torn shit-stained nation of illiterate peasants. The Steppes are geographically positioned to be the eternal battleground between the last alliance of men & elves VS Sauron’s vast army of orcs and Easternlings. They are not a country worthy of our blank check, nor is it fiscally responsible to do so at the moment.

Edit: unless of course you mean China as the mortal enemy.
    I meant Russia.

I was listening to an audiobook a few months ago, don't recall the title, kind of a history of physics book. At the end of WW2, the scientific community was split on whether to keep nuclear secrets from the Russians or to openly share nuclear information between all the Allied countries. I wonder how that worked out on an alternative timeline.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I meant Russia.

I was listening to an audiobook a few months ago, don't recall the title, kind of a history of physics book. At the end of WW2, the scientific community was split on whether to keep nuclear secrets from the Russians or to openly share nuclear information between all the Allied countries. I wonder how that worked out on an alternative timeline.
    At the end of WW2, conflict with the USSR was inevitable. We’re lucky WW2 didn’t stretch out further immediately after Japan’s surrender. We were simply too ideologically different. Stalin was a motherfucker that would have rolled over all of Europe if he had his way. He probably would have used such secrets against the West had they become a nuclear power before they did in the 50s.

After the collapse of the Berlin Wall and subsequent fall of the USSR, Russia was poised to embrace democracy & western culture. It didn’t turn out that way. Perhaps they weren’t ready for it. It fell into the hands of the mob & oligarchy. Perhaps we could never trust them as we kept allowing NATO membership to push towards their border despite our promise to do otherwise. We had an opportunity to help them nation build and make them our ally, but history just didn’t play out that way.

Since history turned out the way it did, they are today still our mortal enemy. They are weak though and far removed from the super power status they once were. The real inevitable conflict & more serious Cold War we are in right now is with China. It’s something our politicians don’t say out loud for reasons, but make no mistake that conflict is inevitable.

Statement from the Border Patrol Union: China watching our border more closely than the Biden Admin.

You gotta love it.

Blog Entries

Stalin was a motherfucker that would have rolled over all of Europe if he had his way. He probably would have used such secrets against the West had they become a nuclear power before they did in the 50s
    Agreed, Stalin was a dick.

Though, and I'm not going to argue whether using the a-bombs was right or wrong, Russia was faced with 2 nuclear weapons that just went off at their border. The argument is, had nuclear technology been shared, would the nuclear arms race grown to the point that it did/has because of the mutual distrust and fear of the unknown.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Statement from the Border Patrol Union: China watching our border more closely than the Biden Admin.

You gotta love it.
    They said he knew about it before it started flying over US soil. Why didn’t the president take action then before it became an issue? I won’t be surprised if they just allow it to continue floating around indefinitely at this point.

The real inevitable conflict & more serious Cold War we are in right now is with China. It’s something our politicians don’t say out loud for reasons, but make no mistake that conflict is inevitable.
    China being the massive trade partner it is, I think the only 'inevitable' conflict is through Republicans who are currently shrieking to shoot down alleged Chinese aircraft or research balloons.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    China being the massive trade partner it is, I think the only 'inevitable' conflict is through Republicans who are currently shrieking to shoot down alleged Chinese aircraft or research balloons.
    Let’s pretend for a moment it really is just a weather balloon that went astray. It’s still in our airspace. We are well within our rights to shoot it down and/or capture the object. I set the bar pretty low for obligations of the federal government, but one of their essential functions is to protect our sovereignty from international threats.