Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Usin mah fixskill, seeking advice...

Quote Originally Posted by n0551n3n0m1n3 View Post
    25 air lore(extra disk space + 505 bolt + -1 haste), then if you use steam(great vs robes, shit vs everything else) get 20 fire, then stack water upto the highest seed threshold you can. Acid is great for hunting, best imo except if you are in GoS and laying waste to troll camps. 1x wizard base is good for enchanting, I don't think overtraining helps.
    Thanks, disk space would be nice indeed since i now carry all boxes on my wizard instead of my Bard. Right now I'm at 30 water, 20 fire. We may hunt non-trolls soon lets see, if so the water could come more into play in terms of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    GoS or CoL best for Wizard, that is the real question..
    My wizard is COL, and I love it. Wouldnt change for the world. However, i have a baby wizard I am leveling up now to help with my GOS ranger since he is not doing so hot solo at the moment (he is a really weird mutant build so needs a little extra help at lower levels).
    Last edited by nocturnix; 08-04-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    My wizard is COL, and I love it. Wouldnt change for the world. However, i have a baby wizard I am leveling up now to help with my GOS ranger since he is not doing so hot solo at the moment (he is a really weird mutant build so needs a little extra help at lower levels).
    Hm, interesting. I too found GoS to cater best to mutant builds; plugs a lot of deficiencies in these wierd build types.

May not be what you're looking for, but I wanted to put it out there that bolting is entirely unnecessary. My wizard uses 502 as a primary spell, with 516 to keep mana up and 512 to keep swarms or dangerous maneuvery-stuff from being an issue. 502 fire is absolutely deadly against trolls and just about all undead. The others are still potent. You can attune to always use your element, or attune random to use a random element every time it casts.

Code:
    Name: Lofe Race: Burghal Gnome  Profession: Wizard (not shown)
                      Normal (Bonus)  ...  Enhanced (Bonus)
        Strength (STR):    97 (8)     ...   97 (8)
    Constitution (CON):    92 (31)    ...   92 (31)
       Dexterity (DEX):    82 (26)    ...   82 (26)
         Agility (AGI):    67 (18)    ...   67 (18)
      Discipline (DIS):    89 (14)    ...   91 (15)
            Aura (AUR):    82 (21)    ...   82 (21)
           Logic (LOG):    79 (24)    ...   79 (24)
       Intuition (INT):    79 (19)    ...   79 (19)
          Wisdom (WIS):    87 (18)    ...   87 (18)
       Influence (INF):    85 (12)    ...   85 (12)
    Code:
     Lofe (at level 48), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
      Skill Name                         | Actual  Actual
                                         |  Bonus   Ranks      Goals  In-Game Time to Goal
      Physical Fitness...................|    150      50         50
      Arcane Symbols.....................|    150      50         50
      Magic Item Use.....................|    150      50         50
      Harness Power......................|    148      48         48
      Elemental Mana Control.............|    150      50         50
      Elemental Lore - Water.............|    150      50         50
      Survival...........................|    150      50         50
      Perception.........................|    150      50         50
      Climbing...........................|    105      25         25
      Swimming...........................|    105      25         25
      First Aid..........................|    150      50         50

Spell Lists
      Major Elemental....................|             48         48

Spell Lists
      Minor Elemental....................|             30         30

Spell Lists
      Wizard.............................|             47         47
    Training Points: 8 Phy 0 Mnt (1432 Phy converted to Mnt)
    He fills his 10k mana every week without a problem, and is already doing 7x enchants.
    Last edited by Dintarl; 08-10-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Interesting, can you post a log of a hunt?

I like bolting, but still would be cool to see how you hunt and handle swarms. Cheers.

I don't tend to get swarmed much in kiramon these days, but I'd be glad to post what he does in there. I have him attuned random for the place, because fire does very little to electrobugs, but, interestingly enough, lightning does quite well. As do air/earth/ice.

I used 512 quite liberally when I was hunting in lesser/greater moor wights/baesruhkas/etc. First cast prevents maneuvers and lowers AS/DS. Didn't really need to drop the second to fully freeze all the things.
    Last edited by Dintarl; 08-10-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Cool show me a hunt, was just curious to see how coldsnap works too, never tried it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Armor Use..........................| 30 6
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 5 1
    Physical Fitness...................| 153 53
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 210 110
    Magic Item Use.....................| 210 110
    Spell Aiming.......................| 210 110
    Harness Power......................| 153 53
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 175 75
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 155 55
    Perception.........................| 90 20
    Climbing...........................| 140 40
    Swimming...........................| 10 2

Spell Lists
    Major Elemental....................| 40
    Minor Elemental....................| 33
    Wizard.............................| 55
    I'm not in the water camp. Most of the stuff it adds are mana. Yes, we can talk about extra DF on 904/whatnot... but honestly, +1 AS through dedicating the TP towards MnE will yield the same thing, plus extra accuracy, spell duration, DS etc. The spell unlocks at 20 ranks I can agree to. Steam bolt is good versus non-corporeal critters, since the damage tables on it relatively suck, and there's a super thin margin where it's more advantageous than the others.

The extra flaring cycles are neat, but usually don't result in decreasing number of hits to a mob by 1, so I consider them relatively cosmetic.

As far as training goes, the only thing I would say is to keep total lores to just 1x, extra TP should be dumped into a spell circle for AS from 513/425. Which, looks like you did.
    If you want to enchant more, keep the wiz ranks, but you'll get more hunting ability out of more MjE/MnE.

Armor use... should be 8 for fulls I believe?
    MOC: You can likely find a cheap +1 Ranks enhancive to save yourself the TP. That's a lot of TP to dedicate to a subset of spells' ball effects.
    You can drop AS down to 1x if you want. MIU's double dipping with use/recharging/whatnot, I like the higher numbers as a wizard, but AS... if you have a pocket sorc to recharge scrolls, keep it, otherwise 1x will be fine. the 2x cost/benefit ends up being roughly even with a rank of MnE, and MjE even provides more DS by comparison.
    EMC: same as AS, you can drop it down to 1x to save some points. There's not really enough that relies on it, and 2xing it is expensive.

Perception/climbing/swimming: You can get perception up to 1x level, climbing/swimming to (done at) 50 ranks, and never think of them again. Extra points can go into research if they exist.

As far as lores... depends on your hunting style, since you have a bard, your bard can utilize disablers cheaper/more easily than your wizard.
    Air: I'm a fan of tonis bolt as an initial disabler to a single target due to the decent damage round, high likelihood of stun, and knockdown effects. But if you bard opens, saves you some mana, and lullaby is ridiculous.. Honestly, disk space is negligible, and there's incredibly limited benefits to haste until you hit 55 ranks of air lore.
    Water: The major acid bolt is nice at 30 ranks... but water is fairly lackluster outside of that. Good for mana. I guess good for enchanting? But, training for enchanting is like training for trading, you're sacrificing your ability to hunt to make more money. Can always merchant/etc to make some money! Major acid will run you 6 mana per cast, and run lower DFs versus 906, but offer splash damage against multiple targets. It's nice, but 907 is also right there for a ball effect. 1710's DFs are slightly better against some armor classes, definitely more mana efficient, but you have the training opportunity cost to consider.
    Fire: You get steam bolt at 20 ranks. High DF, low chance of crit kill. Perfect for non-corporeals. You also get stacking AS buffs from 513, weighting flares from 425. Overall, the most offensive heavy build.
    Earth: Predominantly a warmage benefit. You don't need this.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

My 30 warmage is actually hunting ice trolls and skeletal ice trolls right now using just 502 and it's 166 CS versus 98-106 TD and it's 4-8 mana on average to kill either. Haven't tried other undead yet with 502 but plan and may scrap all my spell aim and use bow and CS only to hunt

Just emailed you a log with a kiramon hunt sample and some additional fire 502s in wights/baesruhkas, Nocturnix.

I get a lot of one-shot kills on undead with fire 502.