Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Spy Balloon

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    If I dumped a bag of pennies from 60,000 feet, the pennies would still be harmless. I know this because I didn't use elementary math.
    I saw that episode of Myth Busters too! Very good. But you fail to understand that terminal velocity has no practical application to very heavy objects, like whatever was the size of three buses attached to that balloon. Further, you would not want to be hit by a penny traveling at its terminal velocity, even if it did not kill you.

This is already in the process of being debunked.

I'll wait for the hot air to be cleared.
    By 'debunked' you mean Trump lying about it never happened? Lol. You shouldn't out so many eggs in one orange basket.

I'm sure the Secretary of Defense and Reuters for quoting him must be mistaken, since Trump denies it. Lol

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said on Saturday the U.S. military was able to collect "valuable" intelligence by studying the balloon, and that three other Chinese surveillance balloons had transited the United States during Donald Trump's administration - a disclosure the Republican former president denied.
    https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-c...182122188.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I saw that episode of Myth Busters too! Very good. But you fail to understand that terminal velocity has no practical application to very heavy objects, like whatever was the size of three buses attached to that balloon. Further, you would not want to be hit by a penny traveling at its terminal velocity, even if it did not kill you.
    I don't fail to understand anything.

The heavier objects, that would be a threat, would remain towards the center of the debris field (as we see in the video). The tiny bits and pieces, that pose no threat, would be on the outer edges of the debris field.

It's kind of the same reason that the earths crust primarily contains silica and the earths core is iron.

I'm sure a penny would be harmful if it were to reach terminal velocity, it's a good thing we don't live in a vaccum.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Just more "But but buuuutttttt Trump" whining.

I feel all of them should be dropped as they approach US airspace and don't respond to challenge and so on. This one is where Biden fucked up. Own it bitch, your geriatric, Chinese puppet, dementia patient fucked up.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    By 'debunked' you mean Trump lying about it never happened? Lol. You shouldn't out so many eggs in one orange basket.
    I'll wait for the hot air to be cleared.
    That's putting no eggs in any baskets. But you're retarded and don't understand the written English language.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

I'm sure a penny would be harmful if it were to reach terminal velocity, it's a good thing we don't live in a vaccum.
    https://mechse.illinois.edu/news/blo...misconceptions

No. The terminal velocity is from 30-50 mph and based on mass, not substantially harmful.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    https://mechse.illinois.edu/news/blo...misconceptions

No. The terminal velocity is from 30-50 mph and based on mass, not substantially harmful.
    Hey, man. I've been a part of penny fights, that shit can hurt.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    You shouldn't out so many eggs in one orange basket.
    Wrong thread loser. We have another one going on the topic of Biden’s “transitory” inflation as it applies to the scarcity & high costs of eggs.

10. Default

chinee bloon go boom squish.

Amuricans go yay yay in street!