Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offiical: Call Familiar (920) Quality of Sleep Improvements

Default Offiical: Call Familiar (920) Quality of Sleep Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Naos
    Wizard familiars have received some improvements which should help players make better use of their little friends.

Familiars will no longer wake up to follow a player when that player crosses into a different realm. This should allow a player to reliably park a familiar for the purposes of casting Familiar Gate (930) at a later time.

If a familiar has been asleep for more than 5 minutes it will hide itself away and stop emitting ambient messaging. The familiar will emerge from hiding whenever it wakes up. If a player would like to hide their sleeping familiar explicitly before this five minute timer would do so, they may TELL their sleeping familiar to HIDE.

Casting Call Familiar (920) while the spell is active now stacks the spell duration at full (20) mana cost instead of refreshing duration at a discount.

Lastly, any Wizard with 40 or more ranks in the Wizard Base Spell Circle can use the SUMMON verb to specify the type, adjective, article, and gender of the familiar they wish to summon. This method will always summon a familiar of the specified type while the other options have a chance to be different than specified.

Additional ranks in the Wizard Base Spell Circle increase the chance to summon a familiar with the specified detail by 1% per rank. The chance for the adjective to match is equal to the player's Wizard spell ranks, with a -20% modifier for the article, and a -40% modifier for the gender. At 100 ranks the adjective will always match, at 120 ranks the article will always match, and at 140 ranks all specified attributes will always match.

Sleep well, little familiars.

--
    Naos, just a familiar
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...zard/view/1605

SUMMON [gender] [[article] adjective] {type}
    Last edited by Alastir; 02-25-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Pretty good changes, overall. Being able to stack spell duration and summon specific types of familiars is pretty cool.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

They brought the SUMMON verb back to the spell? About damn time. Stupid when they removed it and shoved the stupid familiar talisman crap down our throats.

That’s nice, now where’s our new hunting grounds or like things that players really want?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    That’s nice, now where’s our new hunting grounds or like things that players really want?
    How bout them 28k boots?!
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    How bout them 28k boots?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Either Estild or Wyrom, I forgot which, teased something in Discord last week about post-cap dev coming soon. Hopefully they'll make some sort of official announcement once the post-DR dust settles.

And hopefully it's not stupid as fuck and is actually cool.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    And hopefully it's not stupid as fuck and is actually cool.
    Wrong game, are you new here or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    Wrong game, are you new here or something?
    I'm just trying to give myself false hope that with Coase apparently gone, some cool things might start happening.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm just trying to give myself false hope that with Coase apparently gone, some cool things might start happening.
    You’re saying this before or after Wyrom just sold some $28,000 pair of text boots?