Thread: Aura system

Default Aura system

Curious what aura's people are using and why they chose them? I'm currently doing 1609 with shield charge which I love but curious to hear why people use the other options.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

I use Fervor/1618 because my entire group, no matter how they attack, can benefit from the random flares the aura provides. Also anyone in my group who uses AS attacks get even more benefit via increased damage weighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I use Fervor/1618 because my entire group, no matter how they attack, can benefit from the random flares the aura provides. Also anyone in my group who uses AS attacks get even more benefit via increased damage weighting.
    For a big group seems like it would be a lot of flares
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

1617 99% of the time. Love the extra AS, don't need the DS/shield-stuff from 1609 and don't need the flares from 1618. Then again, I hunt bandits pretty exclusively, so that may be skewing my usage.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    1617 99% of the time. Love the extra AS, don't need the DS/shield-stuff from 1609 and don't need the flares from 1618. Then again, I hunt bandits pretty exclusively, so that may be skewing my usage.
    How do you hunt your bandits? Mainly mstriking them?

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    How do you hunt your bandits? Mainly mstriking them?
    Normal routine for a set of 3-4 bandits: 1630, 1630, mstrike bandit 1, mstrike bandit 2, mstrike bandit 3... if enough stamina and bandit left, mstrike bandit 4, or if not enough stamina, normal attack bandit 4.

I've got 1603 infused in the fully-bonded 1625 handaxe, which helps slightly, as well. 60 ranks of MoC.

Rarely get ambushed, but when I do, it's usually not enough to be taken out. 100 ranks of perception, 90 ranks of survival, enough first aid to eat herbs after done dealing with the set of bandits that caused any sort of bleeders.
    Last edited by mgoddess; 05-28-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

I use 1617, for the AS, at level 93 hunting plane 4 rift.... mostly use shield strike, and open ambush, I typically only mstrike if I get swarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by loxe View Post
    I use 1617, for the AS, at level 93 hunting plane 4 rift.... mostly use shield strike, and open ambush, I typically only mstrike if I get swarmed.
    Have you played with the 1s shield charge? It feels so damn powerful