Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woke - What Does It Mean?

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    It's cute that you think you're countering racist bullshit, but in fact, you are actually contributing your own racism to the conversation.
    This is correct.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

It's cute that you think you're countering racist bullshit, but in fact, you are actually contributing your own racism to the conversation.
    Example?

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Example?
    The subtle racism of low expectations. The insidious racism of assuming that black people, and other people of color can't make it by themselves, that they need big daddy government to help them out. The despicable racism of assuming that everything bad that happens to a person of color is not their fault, but the fault of racism.

If you could provide an example of my posts that illustrate your point I would appreciate it.

Your example sounds more like a characterization of someone you want to believe exists than a real individual. I do not think that extreme charactarization represents the normal average everyday person who can see actual problems that arise from not noticing or refusing to believe there are actual issues that affect people of color.

None of the things you mention are what motivates me personally.

If you could provide an example of my posts that illustrate your point I would appreciate it.

Your example sounds more like a characterization of someone you want to believe exists than a real individual. I do not think that extreme charactarization represents the normal average everyday person who can see actual problems that arise from not noticing or refusing to believe there are actual issues that affect people of color.

Sorry, I'm not going to go digging through your post history, which you have admitted is both made of drunk posts, and posts you have deleted. But I guarantee that you have made many posts exactly like that. The fact you try denying it just shows the color of your character.

Sorry, I'm not going to go digging through your post history, which you have admitted is both made of drunk posts, and posts you have deleted. But I guarantee that you have made many posts exactly like that. The fact you try denying it just shows the color of your character.
    Rofl. Where are you getting the idea that I deleted any posts?

Rofl. Where are you getting the idea that I deleted any posts?
    Because you've literally said you have.

ETA: I swear, backlash, every time I think you're as dumb as you can be, you say something even more ignorant.
    Last edited by caelric; 02-21-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Funny story. Thats exactly the same reason I ever started posting back on The Unofficial Gemstone Forum which then became The Spot and is now The Player's Corner. I started posting to counter the racist bullshit some people would post.
    I can certainly understand the motivation. This corner of the PC can look like a deleted for too much redneckery episode of Hee Haw sometimes.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Because you've literally said you have.

ETA: I swear, backlash, every time I think you're as dumb as you can be, you say something even more ignorant.
    But I haven't. Thats why I ask people to quote things they think I've said. Can you find that post that I say I delete my posts? Don't even try to say its because I deleted it. Show the proof.

Why should anyone go to the effort? Your history suggests you will simply discount, ignore and attempt distraction to avoid facts.

You should have stopped at "I don't think", at least in that, you were telling the truth.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie