Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Official: Duskruin Extension Update

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    You people bitch so much, but you are the ones opening up your wallets and giving it to them! For fuck sake people, take some personal responsibility and STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY!. None of what they're offering is even required to play the game and have fun! They're not forcing you to play the arena or do sewer runs.
    Your argument is valid right up until they took a flat-fee ticketed event and changed it to simucoins, effectively taking something you've done for years and making it cost you more to play the exact same way you've done in the past.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Your argument is valid right up until they took a flat-fee ticketed event and changed it to simucoins, effectively taking something you've done for years and making it cost you more to play the exact same way you've done in the past.
    Not sure we know that yet. The only details we have about pricing structure are $10 for shopping pass, and some sort of Simucoin per shovel cost for digging. It will depend on what else is being charged for, and what the price is.

Possibilities on what else could be unbundled:
    Raffle entry pass
    Whatever is the replacement for the Necropolis entry pass
    Merchant pass <- This I think would piss a lot of people off, so hope they don't do it. Should be included in the shopping pass.

I think the part that confuses me the most is the seashell thing.

I do think in terms of Duskruin, Wyrom was left with very few options to make up for the delay on the smithy. I actually appreciated the extension, because I didn't have enough time to use the slips I had already purchased. (I live in Houston. Definitely had other things on my mind over the past few days.) Plus, it gave every subscriber a bunch more free Simucoins to use toward buying slips. (you could claim Sept. simucoin reward as of either yesterday or today)

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    Not sure we know that yet. The only details we have about pricing structure are $10 for shopping pass, and some sort of Simucoin per shovel cost for digging. It will depend on what else is being charged for, and what the price is.

Raffle entry pass
    Merchant pass <- This I think would piss a lot of people off, so hope they don't do it. Should be included in the shopping pass.

I do think in terms of Duskruin, Wyrom was left with very few options to make up for the delay on the smithy. I actually appreciated the extension, because I didn't have enough time to use the slips I had already purchased. (I live in Houston. Definitely had other things on my mind over the past few days.) Plus, it gave every subscriber a bunch more free Simucoins to use toward buying slips. (you could claim Sept. simucoin reward as of either yesterday or today)
    Good luck to you in Houston, stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post

Raffle entry pass

For the past 7 years I've passed the time between merchants playing games... a lot of us have, spending millions on shovels. I can assure you that having to now purchase those same millions of silvers in shovels with simucoins will cost me more than my ticket price, including the merchant/raffle/wtfever price if the price of these holds true to what we've seen at DR and DM. So unless those games prices end up drastically different then I'm loosely looking at something like this...

For all of EG last year I spent roughly 20-25m silver. Less than 8m of that was used to buy merchandise/merchant time.
    So that leaves us with 12-15m in games. At 1,000 silver per, that's approximately 15,000 game turns.
    If Simu sells booklets of 50 for these games, as history with DR and DM have shown, I'm looking at purchasing 30 books. If the price remains the same, that's 5,000 simucoins per book or roughly $36.66 per.
    So, in order to play the same number of games that I played last year for $55, I'll now have to spend $1,099.80.

While this is based on a lot of conjecture, we do have a fairly solid history of what Simu charges for books/shovels/dollhouse runs to go off of.
    I think the dollhouse 50ct books may have only been 4500 so $33 per 50-ct book or $990 for 30 books.

Is my math particularly wrong here?

ACTUALLY, that doesn't even include the price of raffles/merchants/necropolis-revamp. Soooo yeah. EG just got super expensive for me to play it the same way I have in the past.

As far as the extension goes, that was nice of him. The adding a bunch of things to envelopes to entice people to spend more as part of that apology for the delay, that left a bad taste in my mouth. I do hope you and yours are safe in Houston.
    Last edited by Jhynnifer; 08-31-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: herp derp
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

For all of EG last year I spent roughly 20-25m silver. Less than 8m of that was used to buy merchandise/merchant time.
    So that leaves us with 12-15m in games. At 1,000 silver per, that's approximately 15,000 game turns.
    If Simu sells booklets of 50 for these games, as history with DR and DM have shown, I'm looking at purchasing 30 books. If the price remains the same, that's 5,000 simucoins per book or roughly $36.66 per.
    So, in order to play the same number of games that I played last year for $55, I'll now have to spend $1,099.80.
    If there's one thing people in this game should stop being bitches with no self control and put their foot down about, it should be EG's Simucoin shovels. If Simu ends up making a lot of money over EG shovel sales, expect bullshit like that to spread its cancer to even more aspects of the game than they're already doing very rapidly. All Simu is doing right now is testing to see just how far the stupidity of the overall player base will reach.

Go to a truck stop and play a real slot machine where you can win real money and probably get a $5 handy while you're at it if you're that desperate to throw your money away on slot machines.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-31-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    If there's one thing people in this game should stop being bitches with no self control and put their foot down about, it should be EG's Simucoin shovels. If Simu ends up making a lot of money over EG shovel sales, expect bullshit like that to spread its cancer to even more aspects of the game than they're already doing very rapidly. All Simu is doing right now is testing to see just how far the stupidity of the overall player base will reach.

Go to a truck stop and play a real slot machine where you can win real money and probably get a $5 handy while you're at it if you're that desperate to throw your money away on slot machines.
    LOL This is why I'm not planning on playing games at EG this year, I don't want to spend this kind of money. This is just numbers crunched on amount of games played at last EG under the $55 ticket price.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

Spread where exactly? EG is it. The last fortress standing that hasn't been tainted (but will be) with Microtrans gambling slot machines.

Frankly, I like Wyrom's blunt honesty about all this, he doesn't make any qualms about what he is doing. He's telling you straight up, "Yep I'm turning the game into a shitty zynga clone because there's MILLIONS of dollars at stake so if you don't want to play...fuck you." The GMs, like Estild and Coase and his other lackeys are staying mum BECAUSE they will get a cut of the profits when the dust settles.

Face it folks, this is fucking the END. Let's not try to cover this over with stupid "DOoooOOMM!" bullshit, you KNOW it's the end, I know you can all FEEL that what they are doing is playing out the "squeeze the last drop before the dump."

And for those fucktards who still REFUSE to see it. I'm sorry, what can I say? Look at what your fellow players are doing, they are dumping silvers left and right, they've been at this forever and they can smell something is wrong this time around.

Anyway, I needed to vent. This is a sad sad day for the game.

It would be really interesting to see a breakdown of all of the things that have been released in the game for the last couple of years and how many of those things can be reasonably claimed as a benefit to somebody who spends $15 a month on a basic account and not a penny more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    It would be really interesting to see a breakdown of all of the things that have been released in the game for the last couple of years and how many of those things can be reasonably claimed as a benefit to somebody who spends $15 a month on a basic account and not a penny more.
    Absolutely Zip. And will continue to be Zip. The weighting for silvers will have strings attached I guarantee.

For the past 7 years I've passed the time between merchants playing games... a lot of us have, spending millions on shovels. I can assure you that having to now purchase those same millions of silvers in shovels with simucoins will cost me more than my ticket price, including the merchant/raffle/wtfever price if the price of these holds true to what we've seen at DR and DM. So unless those games prices end up drastically different then I'm loosely looking at something like this...

While this is based on a lot of conjecture, we do have a fairly solid history of what Simu charges for books/shovels/dollhouse runs to go off of.
    I think the dollhouse 50ct books may have only been 4500 so $33 per 50-ct book or $990 for 30 books.

Is my math particularly wrong here?

ACTUALLY, that doesn't even include the price of raffles/merchants/necropolis-revamp. Soooo yeah. EG just got super expensive for me to play it the same way I have in the past.

As far as the extension goes, that was nice of him. The adding a bunch of things to envelopes to entice people to spend more as part of that apology for the delay, that left a bad taste in my mouth. I do hope you and yours are safe in Houston.
    I priced it out on one of my posts on the official and I never got a response from Wyrom saying anything about pricing, so it's still left up for people to guess on and make educated guesses based on cost of things from DM and DR:

I tracked my digging and games played at EG last year. If digging and/or games are priced similarly as DR, it's $0.10 a dig (100 use pickaxe for 1,000 SimuCoins). We'll use that as the cost for digging for the up and coming EG.

My EG 2016 digs/games and cost in silvers
    No code has to be inserted here.

I spent a lot of my downtime (from work) digging and playing games. I couldn't commit my time while at work hoping to get merchant work done because I'd hate to be pulled away to do actual work while I wait or miss my chance at a merchant, let alone wasting other people's times if I'm AFK.

Let's say I now pay $0.10 for each dig and we'll say $0.05 for each game played:
    Possible 2017 EG cost in RL money based on DR cost
    This would be 20x the cost of 1 EG ticket last year

Let's say the cost is even less:
    Another possible cost with lower pricing
    This would be almost 6x the cost of 1 EG ticket last year

Even if digging was $0.01 a dig, that's still $26.69 for 2,669 digs + $147.32 for 14,732 games = $174.01
    This would be over 3x the cost of 1 EG ticket last year.

I couldn't have a similar experience at EG with my available time for a $50 price tag this year as I could last year. Maybe I'm wrong on the pricing, but I highly doubt it considering the cost at other events such as DM, DR or Summit Academy.

The only comment/reply I got from Wyrom about my post was:

"Digging/Games have very low odds under silver. Events like Duskruin, DM, etc have much higher odds and always have results that give something of value. YOU might not value it, but we make sure the return is equivalent to the SimuCoin buy in. So while your numbers are accurate, it's not the same"

Wyrom admits (without actually saying it), they can get around calling everything you spend cash on SimuCoins that has a RNG return as gambling....your payment towards that RNG event is given back in a value that should equal out to what we have things priced for in the SimuCoin Store. You may not like the item you get from the RNG event, but in the end it should all equal out - the value you put in (money to SimuCoin) should equal your rewards (items and their value in the SimuCoin store), even if you don't like the item(s) you get.

When I did try the DR digging, I got so many shitty urchin runners, crappy gems, handfuls of coins, a couple dozen feathers for short duration encumbrance adjustment, 1 (10 pill) bottle for spellups and a couple other vouchers. $20 spent on digging and shit in return. Some people may like the urchin runners, but I have zero need for them. I may have been given items in return that are equal to the value I spent on SimuCoins, but that doesn't mean it's anything if the items I get in return suck and are of no use. The gamble/chance of getting something good or at least useful wasn't there for me and I found wasting real money on top of my subscription cost and it wasn't worth it. I don't understand why anyone would think it was worth it.

EG wasn't like that, at least it wasn't in 2016 and earlier. They announced they were shifting over to doing games/digging through the SimuCoin store for this year and that was it for me. I'm more than certain they're going to find other ways to spin the use of SimuCoins on other everyday things they offer as time goes on.

They have now created a weighting/padding system that some people love because they can now put padding/weighting on almost everything. This is another system designed to dangle a carrot out there and just allow tiny nibbles as you have to sink countless dollars into the SimuCoin store for generating alt currencies such as BS so you can pay for the use of the smithy. They say there will be times you can use silvers, but they haven't told us how often or verified an actual silver to BS ratio (though I've been told Wyrom on discord said it would 750 silver per BS). If they do allow silvers to be used, will it be in conjunction with other alt-currencies or do we have to keep waiting for those odd times they may offer silver as a payment method?

The game doesn't feel like an adventure anymore. It feels like swirling cesspool of how they can grab as much money as they can with their shitty tactics before more and more people wake up and stop dumping their cash at Simu.

Perhaps I'm the issue and I just don't trust Simu/Wyrom anymore with all the crap they've done to the game and lack of proper response and piss poor customer service with Wyrom's half-assed response to people.
    Last edited by Yulis; 08-31-2017 at 03:18 PM.