Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capped UAC Combat Advice

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    He could be tougher but do try to hide and ambush. If you stand in the open against mobs with 5 ranks MOC you'll struggle. Might have to sneak away then find critters you can ambush 1 on 1. Taking TWC to .5x will give you something like +10 ds and more MOC will help with mobs.

Force on Force is a system that lowers a character's defensive stance upon being attacked by multiple opponents. Each opponent lowers the character's stance by 25% until the character is treated to be in a fully offensive stance. Beyond 4 opponents, the defending character's defensive strength is further lowered, making Force on Force very deadly. Training in Multi Opponent Combat mitigates Force on Force.

If you hide from a mob does it reset the force on force penalty?
    Not sure about it resetting. I've yet to take him on a a real hunt to see how things so. I'm guessing I'll be heading to Nelemar to see how things work!

I've got a planned fixskill ready - hopefully someone can tell me if I'm making improvements or just complicating things. I'd like to start hunting nelemar in double leathers with this build. I've removed the bonuses to the skills since this is just something I'm planning out in the skill manager.

Skill Name | Current Current
    | Ranks
    Two Weapon Combat..................| 1
    Armor Use..........................| 60
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 115
    Brawling...........................| 202
    Ambush.............................| 125
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 30
    Physical Fitness...................| 101
    Dodging............................| 303
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 25
    Magic Item Use.....................| 25
    Harness Power......................| 25
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 1
    Disarming Traps....................| 270
    Picking Locks......................| 270
    Stalking and Hiding................| 227
    Perception.........................| 208
    Climbing...........................| 50
    Swimming...........................| 65

Spell Lists
    Minor Elemental....................| 4

Thanks again in advance for any advice!

I would probably do the following

finish
    2x cm
    2x ambush
    3x picking
    3x disarm

before 3x dodge

Quote Originally Posted by neimanz1 View Post
    I would probably do the following

finish
    2x cm
    2x ambush
    3x picking
    3x disarm

before 3x dodge
    Okay, I will see if that works out. Thanks!

Some things I see, why have so much armor use, why 60 ranks, if you are looking to max evasion, you do not have enough and you only need 15 to train off all penalties and 56 to get the -1 second tier reduction so that number seems a little arbitrary and arcane symbols, at most you should only need 15 ranks for bugs, my 71 train rogue only has 10 and he has never missed a bug and he is only doubled in pick skills. Some other quick thoughts, do you need 25 ranks in harness power, you can almost certainly drop that to 10 or 15 at most, unless he is GoS, not sure about the swimming either, I was always under the impression that 50 at cap was all that was necessary for both climb and swim and if he is in GoS then you definitely do not need more than 50.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Some things I see, why have so much armor use, why 60 ranks, if you are looking to max evasion, you do not have enough and you only need 15 to train off all penalties and 56 to get the -1 second tier reduction so that number seems a little arbitrary and arcane symbols, at most you should only need 15 ranks for bugs, my 71 train rogue only has 10 and he has never missed a bug and he is only doubled in pick skills. Some other quick thoughts, do you need 25 ranks in harness power, you can almost certainly drop that to 10 or 15 at most, unless he is GoS, not sure about the swimming either, I was always under the impression that 50 at cap was all that was necessary for both climb and swim and if he is in GoS then you definitely do not need more than 50.
    My thoughts with the the armor use was to get to at least the 56 break for the -1, and then to just keep around some extra for the armor skills for an extra boost to hiding or evasion. I was going to play around with those and see which was more beneficial. I am trying to raise arcane symbols, miu and HP to increase what spells I can hold in spell burst areas. The rogue is a CoL master at the moment, so I could drop HP for more MIU/AS since they are cheaper. Is it foolish to do that? I have the ability to get a full wizard spell up, and a spiritual spell up whenever needed.

Thanks.

The rogue robes build gets wrecked by TD like a monk. With 200 armor ranks and armored evasion, you can train away the entire AP for any armor up to double chain and 5 AP max up to MBP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

I would love to have that much armor use, but it seems far away. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up picking like level boxes. The goal is to find what's best for now though and train the rest eventually. Maybe lockpicking will have to wait.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Greng; 08-03-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    Discord: danteprimus

Quote Originally Posted by Greng View Post
    My thoughts with the the armor use was to get to at least the 56 break for the -1, and then to just keep around some extra for the armor skills for an extra boost to hiding or evasion. I was going to play around with those and see which was more beneficial. I am trying to raise arcane symbols, miu and HP to increase what spells I can hold in spell burst areas. The rogue is a CoL master at the moment, so I could drop HP for more MIU/AS since they are cheaper. Is it foolish to do that? I have the ability to get a full wizard spell up, and a spiritual spell up whenever needed.

Thanks.
    Ok, armor reasoning makes sense, just not sure if right now it is the best use of TP's but that is pretty subjective, so I cannot say either way for sure. Spell burst sucks, I desperately try to avoid them with my rogue, which is not always possible so, I suspect your thinking is sound if you want to hunt those areas and getting as many magical skills as possible is probably a good idea, the added benefit of arcane symbols and MIU is the ability to use scrolls and imbeds.