Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your monk's training look like at cap?

Default What does your monk's training look like at cap?

I'm curious how others have their monks trained at cap. I'd appreciate it if you could copy and paste your skills and maneuvers. Mine is about to hit cap tomorrow or the next day, so I'll post his training when that happens.

2. Default

Here's what Flimbo looked like when I sold him. It's got everything listed, and a video of his hunting style, more or less (it's running bigshot so it isn't ambushing the head to finish kills that don't happen instantly) -

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...nce&highlight=

What I was working on training-wise if I remember correctly was getting monk circle ranks up to 48 (to max out 1208 TD)
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-28-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Not watching the Flimbo hunting video until it gets sync'd to either Jock Jams or Party Up.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Not watching the Flimbo hunting video until it gets sync'd to either Jock Jams or Party Up.
    You almost had me with Jock Jams, but the best I'm going to be able to do is Apache by the Sugarhill Gang.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-28-2018 at 01:07 PM.

I'd like to see it but only synced to Weezer with wierd al - Africa

I was really asking cause Flimbo's is basically the only capped monk's skills I remember seeing. Maybe the other three or four capped monks out there will post eventually. But just for ease of viewing and comparison, I shall copy Flimbo's training blow:

(~8.5m exp)
    Flimbeaux (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Two Weapon Combat..................| 201 101
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 302 202
    Brawling...........................| 302 202
    Ambush.............................| 102 24
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 235 135
    Physical Fitness...................| 403 303
    Dodging............................| 403 303
    Harness Power......................| 122 31
    Perception.........................| 201 101
    Climbing...........................| 150 50
    Swimming...........................| 120 30
    Trading............................| 102 24

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 20

Spell Lists
    Minor Mental.......................| 34

Flimbo, your Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
    Combat Movement cmovement 1
    Combat Focus focus 4
    Combat Toughness toughness 1
    Surge of Strength surge 3
    Evade Mastery emastery 3
    Burst of Swiftness burst 3
    Perfect Self perfectself 5
    Punch Mastery punchmastery 3
    Kick Mastery kmastery 3
    Grapple Mastery gmastery 3
    Rolling Krynch Stance krynch 3

Combat Movement is really confusing there. I feel like that should be Mobility. Ain't no monk need +2 DS for a CM rank.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Combat Movement is really confusing there. I feel like that should be Mobility. Ain't no monk need +2 DS for a CM rank.
    Oh, yeah true. If you hunt anywhere you might get knocked down don't take movement over mobility. I just didn't get knocked down where I hunted, and if I did nothing could hit me anyway. I always choose the laziest possible route. If you take out toughness and that movement rank (which was just leftover points with nothing else to do after taking toughness), you can get a rank of mobility. Evade mastery, despite giving you the full 27% in robes, is also pretty overkill. But it's a passive bonus, so I got it.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-28-2018 at 05:17 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    I was really asking cause Flimbo's is basically the only capped monk's skills I remember seeing. Maybe the other three or four capped monks out there will post eventually. But just for ease of viewing and comparison, I shall copy Flimbo's training blow:
    I polled the other two capped monks when writing my guide, and theorycrafted with Meureii a bit when he capped.

Dragsho is built a lot like Flimbo, but he was a bot in a team bigshot script so he's not really a good example.

Githros has a more active build with ki strike and I believe slippery mind over krynch.

Meureii is about halfway between Flimbo and Githros, and he uses flurry over krynch with gloves built for flaring.

I believe that's how it fell out anyway. I talked to most of the active monks to get their take along the way.

Honestly, all of them are very close to equal in terms of power and speed. It's just a matter of how you like to hunt and where you like to hunt that gives one an edge over another. TWC Edged is also very viable, and if you have a bandolier, thrown is cool. I haven't tried hide/ambush, but that's very doable too. I did try ranged. Very strong, but very TP intensive.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-28-2018 at 05:24 PM.

~9m exp
    36 MnM / 20 MnS
    3x PF / dodge
    .5x twc
    90 MoC
    24 or 30 ambush (i forget)
    15 transformation lore
    krynch / pself / all the UAC masteries / focus 3 / mobility 1
    feint 4 and kifocus 3. Sometimes you just gotta RT lock a motherfucker that spawns turtled and punch it's stupid face in.

kifocus is also great against non-corp (reim) targets. kifocus, smite (so it lasts more than half a second), and mstrike.

current focus is on some secondary stuff (fa, survival, trading, climb/swim from .5x to 100 maybe) then likely going back to go all in on MoC to 202, then lore. I'm still trying to decide on the lore split, will be ~20 trans / ~80 telep or ~25 telep / 75 trans (i need to look at the exact breakpoints again but somerwhere around there), or potentially closer to 50/50 if i'm feeling noncommital. Might pick up 25 mana control at some point there just cause, and a mana spellup a day wouldn't be a totally unwelcome convenience.

edit: also, all those plans may go out the window if the disarm changes is actually implemented in a timely fashion. the original idea for the character was a THW user, obviously rollled when open UAC was still shit. I still have the really fun two handers so, while I really enjoy UAC now, i still want to use those weapons more (even though they do get used every week on other characters still)
    Last edited by Donquix; 09-28-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!