Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling It - Smithy Won't Open

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I was talking about hello/kobold's 93487347283 endless accounts in general. I already knew fake me was banned. It doesn't change the fact that your original response was basically that you don't feel like having to keep up with him and his 48582727 accounts.
    Yep, and without Admin access, I'm not going to play whack a mole, and I've sent his most active IP address range over to Kranar. So, it's outside of my hands.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I was talking about hello/kobold's 93487347283 endless accounts in general. I already knew fake me was banned. It doesn't change the fact that your original response was basically that you don't feel like having to keep up with him and his 48582727 accounts.
    Other than an IP ban, which Whirlin can't do, he can only ban accounts. We all know Macgyver just creates new ones. I'm sure given Macgyver's ability to create endless accounts, it's not feasible time wise to ban every new account he opens. Whirlin has already stated that it's not that he doesn't want to, but the goal is to allow Macgyver a single account. I don't know about anything that goes on in politics, but when he's kept to a single account, it seems like his worst posts are limited to about 25% of his overall posts, vs. 100% of his posts being the absolute worst when he makes brand new accounts. With that one account active, Whirlin can lock threads or delete posts and it's easier to manage than constantly monitoring and deleting his new accounts. Instead of just assuming Whirlin's intent is "oh, he just doesn't feel like doing it", keep up with what he's already explained to you and others previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Yep, and without Admin access, I'm not going to play whack a mole, and I've sent his most active IP address range over to Kranar. So, it's outside of my hands.
    Kranar is racist. The racistest.

But isn't this still part of your job as a mod? Or only when you feel like dealing with it a couple times a week?
    Last edited by Methais; 08-29-2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Found my other penis it was right there the whole time
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    keep up with what he's already explained to you and others previously.
    I have been. Whirlin was adamant he could manage to do his mod job here while also being a "figure head" at the new forums and yet when blatant rule breaking happens on this forum (rules that have been enforced ever since I've been a member here while we've had a mod) he has been less than willing to enforce the rules, always falling back on this lame excuse of his job being ONLY to moderate the merchant folder.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-29-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I have been. Whirlin was adamant he could manage to do his mod job here while also being a "figure head" at the new forums and yet when blatant rule breaking happens on this forum (rules that have been enforced ever since I've been a member here while we've had a mod) he has been less than willing to enforce the rules, always falling back on this lame excuse of his job being ONLY to moderate the merchant folder.
    What's really funny is everything was running pretty well here for the most part without a mod until SashaFierce came along and weaseled his way into being a mod, then suddenly we needed a mod because reasons. Then again everything was fine for the most part until this new forum came along, now suddenly rule breaking on this forum is happening all the time and shit is being done about it except for the trolls who hang out more at the new forum coming over here to tell us we deserve this shit.

15 minutes till 1 PM. Smithy still isn't open... my original call stands.

Oh btw...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    15 minutes till 1 PM. Smithy still isn't open... my original call stands.

Oh btw...

So now yuou straight up admit to having been the fake account, even though you denied it at the very start. Oh okay.

Approaching 5 PM, not a peep. Have all the Dwarven forgers gone on strike?

Remember kids, even if they do get it open tonight I feel there's such an enormous possibility for BUGage, some lucky guy might just walk out of there with a claid crit weighted, black ash damage weighted perfect greatsword!

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Yep, and without Admin access, I'm not going to play whack a mole
    Then step down so that a mod who will IS necessary. Your response is nothing more than "I don't want to bother with that so I'm not going to." If you didn't want to bother doing the one part of being a mod that most people care about then you shouldn't have agreed to be a mod to begin with.

Smithy is now open btw