Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Not to mention 43% of cop killers are black, which means blacks are much more likely to attack a police officer and pull a weapon on them which might explain some of why percentage/population wise blacks are killed more than whites.

The problem with this argument is people just look at raw numbers and arrive to the conclusion that cops are racist murderous thugs engaging in genocide (and being terrible at it considering they only manage to kill about 200 black people per year, even assuming they were all perfect little angels.)

People don't want to look at the specifics, like which race the cop was or which race the civilian was, who is more likely to attack and kill a police officer, were those civilians shot and killed pointing a weapon at the officer, were they trying to run the officer over with their car, were they reaching for the officer's weapon.

Because if we look at the specifics of each case the whole narrative falls apart. We have to keep things as vague as possible and if you want to discuss details then you're racist.
    The problem is they only look at that statistic. Once you also look at crime statistics you get a much more complete view of the situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I'm asking what you are basing your assertion on. If I were a police officer I would probably be biased. I would know that I have a much higher chance of being killed if I was dealing with a black person over a white person. Since the vast majority of police deaths are involving armed subjects and a very small minority involving unarmed subjects I don't think you've really done anything but echo a talking point you heard.
    So your simply absurd belief is that blacks don't bear an uneven burden of harm at the hands of law enforcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I don't believe that most police are more likely to shoot blacks simply because of their skin color however, cops pull over blacks at far greater frequency than whites so that alone increases a black person's risk of police violence.

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=702
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-11-2017 at 09:11 PM. Reason: to include doj link on stats
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I don't believe that most police are more likely to shoot blacks simply because of their skin color however, cops pull over blacks at far greater frequency than whites so that alone increases a black person's risk of police violence.
    Tisk4fun

Blog Entries

Tisk4fun
    lol

also: fuck you!!!

lol
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

So your simply absurd belief is that blacks don't bear an uneven burden of harm at the hands of law enforcement?
    Correct. So you also believe that there is institutional sexism against males in the criminal justice system?
    Last edited by drauz; 10-11-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Blog Entries

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=702
    So what do you believe? If more crimes are committed by black people it is no fault of the police that the offender happens to be black.

Here are the crime stats from 2013, the first available year I believe. Look at the percentages. Black people are over represented in just about everything compared to them being 13% of the US population.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

Last edited by drauz; 10-11-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Blog Entries

So what do you believe? If more crimes are committed by black people it is no fault of the police that the offender happens to be black.

Here are the crime stats from 2013, the first available year I believe. Look at the percentages. Black people are over represented in just about everything compared to them being 13% of the US population.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

I've already lost interest in this debate but, let me ask you a question. You've posited that blacks are more prone to commit crimes (at least, that's what I think you are saying by posting crime statistics.) Why do you suppose that is? Do you believe it's genetic? Economic? You obviously don't believe it's the white man's fault so what do you think the underlying cause is? I'm genuinely curious.
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

Correct. So you also believe that there is institutional sexism against males in the criminal justice system?
    I don't entirely understand the question but I can say that I don't know the answer. Why do you ask?
    I like penis.

I've already lost interest in this debate but, let me ask you a question. You've posited that blacks are more prone to commit crimes (at least, that's what I think you are saying by posting crime statistics.) Why do you suppose that is? Do you believe it's genetic? Economic? You obviously don't believe it's the white man's fault so what do you think the underlying cause is? I'm genuinely curious.
    I blame Skittles. There just isn't enough difference in the colors/flavors. /rage