Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's next for TPs at Level 100

Default What's next for TPs at Level 100

I have now capped and reached my initial post cap goals (3x PF, MIU and AS for spell burst), but am kind of stuck as to where to go next and would love some suggestions. I master of voln and warrior's guild. I typically hunt solo berserking Nelemar or REIM and have a ton of stamina recovery enhancives so stamina is never an issue (155 gained per pulse).

After digging through the forums, options I am considering are (in no particular order), but also open to other suggestions:
    -Doing something to improve maneuver/warding defense (Don't die a lot but when i due it typically comes from whatever weird stuff greater water elementals or sentries do. Not sure if that is maneuvers or warding attacks?)
    ----Overtraining armor use to improve action penalties -- while this help avoid maneuvers?
    ----3x dodge -- is it worth it?
    ----increase perception? Not sure how this will effect things
    -Start training FA and survival (although I don't really skin as it is, and not really excited to but might start, as well as wound tending and not slipping on the glacier)
    -Ambush -- any benefit out of this? I mostly berserk, but would be nice if this helps aim a shot if I hunt non-berserk (either solo or in groups)
    -Spells - i tried this with 101 and 401, but seemed kind of pointless with horrible spell hindrance on full plate. I have some pocket alts that can spell me up if necessary
    -Any other suggestions?

Lexbubba (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 250 150
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 302 202
    Two-Handed Weapons.................| 302 202
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 235 135
    Physical Fitness...................| 403 303
    Dodging............................| 302 202
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 160 60
    Magic Item Use.....................| 160 60
    Perception.........................| 201 101
    Climbing...........................| 140 40
    Swimming...........................| 175 75
    Trading............................| 102 24
    Training Points: 0 Phy 54 Mnt (1,144 Mnt converted to Phy)

Thank you in advance for your expertise!

-Overtraining in armor will also give you a small boost to DS every reduction, and warrior resists are pretty awesome, though soon most armor wont be able to get much use out if due to padding level.
    -3x dodge was a hard slog but totally worth it as it made a noticeable difference, just stacking up that DS.
    -Perception is cheap and has a lot of uses, including old and new style SMR https://gswiki.play.net/Standard_maneuver_roll#SMR_v2
    -FA at 40 gives you the most bang for your buck for herb RT reduction, past that it's 20 ranks per second.
    -Survival is rad, but even maxed there is always slip chance
    -Because of how ambush does math off you CMAN as well, 30 ranks of ambush plus capped CMAN is enough to pretty reasonably aim your shots, so thats a cheap investment for a new tactic. Head shots are great, but cut off the right arm and things become worthless. at 30 ranks I didn't always hit my aim, but it was seldom that I "didn't find an opening" and wasted a swing, usually due to factors I could have realized sooner.
    -Spells are dumb, thats what the supporting classes are for. At least it should be down the list a ways, gonna take a LOT of TP to make that worthwhile.

Personally my first postcap goal was MOC to 190. that 6th swing for MSTRIKE and berserk is rad, especially since its no additional RT.
    Last edited by Ososis; 04-22-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

For me...

At the point you are, I used PTP's to get to 290 ranks of Armor Use and the MTP's to fully single in MIU/AS for an even hour duration on things.

Then once fully singled in MIU/AS, I went ahead and used MTP's to get to 2x perception, and when my PTP's were free, I got 50 ranks of shield use to learn SBASH and SCHARGE for defensive purposes.

My warrior is GoS, so I also singled in Harness Power and got SMC to mana battery for his partners, and began the slog of 3x dodge. With the extra MTP's each rank of dodge, I got up to a perfect 18% selling bonus in Trading.

I'm about a million post-cap shy of finishing dodge, then it'll be another 2 million to double in MoC.

(at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Two Weapon Combat..................| 300 200
    Armor Use..........................| 390 290
    Shield Use.........................| 150 50
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 300 200
    Blunt Weapons......................| 300 200
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 200 100
    Physical Fitness...................| 400 300
    Dodging............................| 374 274
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 200 100
    Magic Item Use.....................| 200 100
    Harness Power......................| 200 100
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 20 4
    Spirit Mana Control................| 105 25
    Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 5 1
    Perception.........................| 300 200
    Climbing...........................| 120 30
    Swimming...........................| 190 90
    Trading............................| 200 100
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

get 20 ranks in 100 circle. You'll compensate all your weakness (TD). The DS gained will compensate the little lost in redux you'd have.

Get 30 ranks in 400 circle. Same thinking as said. But focused on 100 before
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    get 20 ranks in 100 circle. You'll compensate all your weakness (TD). The DS gained will compensate the little lost in redux you'd have.

Get 30 ranks in 400 circle. Same thinking as said. But focused on 100 before
    What the hell? No. don't do this. Thats 10M XP.

MacGuyver! STOP! TALKING! MECHANICS! god damn.
    Last edited by Ososis; 04-22-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

I would max out 5he armor first, then do the MOC. As a THW user who berserk a lot, this makes the most sense. You can add spells later if you want. Meanwhile, the TD side of things can be solved with equipment, so go ahead and get T5 ensorcelled armor, or work towards a new set of armor that's geared toward TD, or just continue to get spelled up by other people.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Thanks all for the insights. These are really good suggestions.

Do I need to worry at all that I have overconverted MTP to PTP? Should I try to get back to 0 first by training MTP related items (MIU/AS, perception, FA, survival, etc.) or should I just not care about this part and train in whatever i think should come next? Am I losing out here? If it doesn't make a difference, I may hit 30 ambush, 40 first aid, then move on to either dodge, moc, or armor use.

Seperately, how valuable is perception at 2x or more? I was 2x a long time ago (in my 70s), and not sure I noticed a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    What the hell? No. don't do this. Thats 10M XP.

MacGuyver! STOP! TALKING! MECHANICS! god damn.
    Sup Macguyver

I hunt Nelemar. I see the warriors that are good vs the warriors that have an hard time.

Good warriors self cast 100 circle

Bad warriors doesn't.

Eventually, you need to priorise. Having better redux won't help you against TD issues. Getting ganked and RT lock won't be solved with your redux too.

With my rogue, I simply stop dying when I learned 120. Simply. No death whatsoever.
    Last edited by Murrandii; 04-23-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Sup Macguyver

I hunt Nelemar. I see the warriors that are good vs the warriors that have an hard time.

Good warriors self cast 100 circle

Bad warriors doesn't.

Eventually, you need to priorise. Having better redux won't help you against TD issues. Getting ganked and RT lock won't be solved with your redux too.

With my rogue, I simply stop dying when I learned 120. Simply. No death whatsoever.
    So you think that upon capping at 7.2M xp, he should dedicate 10M xp to learn 30 and 20 ranks? For that same amount he could
    max dodge
    max perception
    max survival
    Max armor use
    190 MOC
    50 ambush
    All of those things together for being able to cast what he has already said he has access to.

You know why you see "good warriors" casting spells? Cause they are closer to 3x capped you imbecile. This kind of stupid misleading information on mechanics is a big reason I consider you dangerous to everyone.

The longer you wait for starting your spells, the longer it'll take

In the same result, you'll die more while getting skills like max perception. You don't need max perception, 1x is fine. You don't need max survival, et cetera.

So the more you wait, the more you'll die. What kills you is bad combinaison as I said.

Now, we'll debate over opinions. You gave yours, I gave mine.

Lexbubba, also, what's the most challenge issues you have in nelemar? you want another income too?