Thread: Official: Ebon Gate Quest Item Information

Blog Entries

Default Official: Ebon Gate Quest Item Information

Quote Originally Posted by GM Haliste
    QUEST
    Dropping items in the quest area is necessary to move the quest forward to Phase 4. The quest is still on Phase 1. Once you have reached your personal cap for quest favor, any additional items dropped will yield two seashells for your service.

In addition, I wanted to give a little information about the quest reward.

This item will be crafted from ghezyte, and it is planned to be a progressive reward. Its properties, in strength and usage, will increase in future Ebon Gate quests.

At its base, the item is zesty. Everyone will receive these zests.

If you have reached the personal favor cap for the quest, you will have access to the Tier 2 ability. This is a creature debuff that can be called upon 3x/day: -5DS/-3TD.

If you have converted to Ghezresh, then you will also have access to the Tier 3 ability. This is a 5 minute boost to fear resistance available 1x/day.

For additional clarification, "chelioboros" is a new term, introduced this year specifically for Caligos Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelioboros
    Found in a variety of iconography on Caligos Isle is a circular symbol consisting of an eel, its body twisted and aberrant in form, captured in the act of devouring itself. Distinguishing head from tail is nearly impossible, and the imagery evokes a sense of confusion and trepidation undoubtedly rooted in the malformed figure of the creature as well as the abhorrent act in which it is engaged.

Reminder: The quest item will cost 250k silvers. It will become available sometime after the quest reaches Phase 4.

~ Haliste ~
    The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
    SGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...val/view/13398
    Last edited by Fallen; 10-08-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

You don't HAVE to do anything. If you want it for mechanics go nuts, if it doesn't suit your RP don't do it. They can't make items for everyone all the time.

Just like there are class only items and race only items, shit even height only.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    You don't HAVE to do anything. If you want it for mechanics go nuts, if it doesn't suit your RP don't do it. They can't make items for everyone all the time.

Just like there are class only items and race only items, shit even height only.
    It's Macgyver. He's trolling. Ignore him.

Blog Entries

On one hand, requiring a convert to use a tier ability on a festival item does suck.

On the other hand, it's fear resist, who cares.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Gotta convert to a lesser spirit, voln, for the most mechanical benefit on voln armor...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    Gotta convert to a lesser spirit, voln, for the most mechanical benefit on voln armor...
    That's not a festival reward, though.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

You can convert on the isle using that puzzle or quest.

Don't need to do the silvers and holy receptacle this month. Go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    The bonus for conversion is also pretty small compared to the sum of the remaining benefits. All you get is a slightly higher proc rate on the DS flares. Compare that to enough fear resist to make you immune to lich fear. Vol is also already fairly popular, and otherwise compatible with an entire pantheon.

I still think it's kinda cool, but probably won't bother, though mostly because I don't have the time.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.