Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned For Making Too Much Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    If they're gonna take all the silvers you earned then why the ban?
    'Cause dum-dum made something pretty close to a legal threat. Any company with a lick of sense will immediately shut that down and refer the client to communicate with their legal team moving forward.

He fucked around and found out.

My bad. I thought they originally hit him with a 90 day lockout and I was referencing that.
    Last edited by Ramrod; 04-21-2023 at 04:45 PM.

3. Default

They're not adding any new customers so they should really work to keep every account they can especially those spending $14k/year.

Spending 14k a year to make like 40k a year(probably more) abusing mechanics. They don't want the game to be a money laundering operation.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Spending 14k a year to make like 40k a year(probably more) abusing mechanics. They don't want the game to be a money laundering operation.
    That type of thing is nothing new with this game. I'd wager to guess many of their top spenders and account holders are people trying to turn a profit.

The new(ish) thing here is that Simu is getting that 14k versus other players. Weren't they also able to collect most of the earned silvers, which suggests he wasn't just selling them?
    Last edited by Ramrod; 04-21-2023 at 04:48 PM.

My bad. I thought they originally hit him with a 90 day lockout and I was referencing that.
    Sounds like he was hit with the new punishment they have going around where you can log on but you can't earn silvers or experience (at least I'm pretty sure it's both.)

It's effectively a lockout though if you don't want to pay Simu 15+ dollars a month and all you can do is RP for 90 days. I imagine most people would just cancel their accounts until the ban wears off.

Also yeah. Let's not pretend a lot of people don't earn a profit playing this game. We can argue how large the profit is or if that is their main motivation for playing the game. But if Simu started banning people for simply making a profit off this game then this is going to be one dead game.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Also yeah. Let's not pretend a lot of people don't earn a profit playing this game. We can argue how large the profit is or if that is their main motivation for playing the game. But if Simu started banning people for simply making a profit off this game then this is going to be one dead game.

Right but repeatedly spawning bosses to pull billions from the game would have gotten you banned during any era of gemstone.

Also they took back what he had on him. Not what he sold or spent.

"I ONLY MADE 240M IN APRIL" He got caught on like the 13th if not sooner.

8. Default

I earned less than 240M during the month of April.

Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2023 6:04 PM
    To Whom It May Concern,

I received multiple account violations today for silver farming in REIM.

9. Default

they decided my 25+ years in the game were not enough to substantiate my history of positive actions and interactions.

I was gone from the game for the better part of a decade (two decades if you discount a brief return in 2010) and came back to a game that was less recognizable than the one I had left.

10. Default

I spent over $5K on characters and countless hours refining my skills to execute what you are calling a breach of policy. At no point was this easy or risk free. I didn’t find some way to alter an object and sell it for a 1M silver over and over. I compiled a team of 8 2-7x cap characters the were specifically trained to “compete” in the REIM environment.* Even then, the 2x cap characters were very susceptible to maneuver attacks and groups which quickly resulted in their deaths many times. So is it easier to be active and deal with level 120 characters to obtain 4-6M per run or use whatever post cap characters you have and “sleep” through two hours of mobs to obtain 2-3M per run (I’m going by posts– I didn’t do enough testing to see what the limits were here). Further, I spent 7 months teaching myself Ruby to be more efficient. Anyone can turn on Bigshot and sit in a corner.