Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lich community

I only use lich to replicate a psinet like enviornment since that is what I am comfortable with.

That includes: waggle, autosort, keepalive, grab, go2, narost, voodoo

And to replace the library lookup: useherb, metal, wood, ... etc

I have experimented with some of the other scripts available but decided that they are too complex or take away too much from the game for my enjoyment.

Is this considered core ?

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=57686
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Are our lives now so fragmented and depersonalized that things we should already be doing, like saving those in danger and feeding the homeless, have suddenly become the actions of heroes?

-TheE-

Quote Originally Posted by phantasm View Post
    There exists in the world college students, hobbyists, strange freaks that like looking at code 24 hours a day, high school kids, people with the free time. These people, or you, if your a lich scripter, get some benefit or enjoyment out of writing lich scripts.
    I will never be that person.
    Gemstone exists soley for me to let my mind be free from day to day stress. I am 100% sure about this.
    I will never contribute anything to lich.
    I do appreciate that you exist and have the free time, or get some benefit/enjoyment out of writing lich scripts.
    Your assumption that everyone should be like you, learning ruby and contributing scripts is quite off the mark.
    There is a niche in the world that you fill and not everyone can fill it.
    Its the way society works.
    I have no problem donating money to something that benefits me like this.
    Currently, the state of lich is such that I can't just donate money and not have problems.
    Maybe the sound bite analogy version will reach you better:

When I go to the grocery store to get food, it's reasonable for the clerk to expect money. When someone comes to LNet to get help, it's reasonable for me to expect them to have already put forth some effort and researched the problem and be willing to put forth more effort as you help them.

3. Default

That post slipped by me. Fixed now.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

...I will never contribute anything to lich...
    But you'll keep using it, and are sounding like one of these guys:

The majority of LNet users are gimme, gimme, mine, mine, now, now, now...
    So all I can really think of is fuck off, guy. I suggest playing without Lich for a while, if it really needs so much work. I feel kinda bad for being irritated since your initial post, but you sound like too many assholes that I work with all day. I think I will have some coffee now, and help some people on LNet.

I only use lich to replicate a psinet like enviornment since that is what I am comfortable with.

That includes: waggle, autosort, keepalive, grab, go2, narost, voodoo

And to replace the library lookup: useherb, metal, wood, ... etc

I have experimented with some of the other scripts available but decided that they are too complex or take away too much from the game for my enjoyment.

Is this considered core ?

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=57686
    I pretty much hailed from the same background. I was on Psinet years ago when I first played, and in coming back, was told and eventually learned that Lich surpassed it in terms of things I wanted to accomplish with scripts in the game.

Ones i use for the most part have been sloot, waggle, voodoo, go2, narost etc. I personally do not script hunt simply for my own reasoning. If it wasn't for that reasoning I'd likely use bigshot and make some custom scripts myself.

As it stands, there are those of us who are very thankful for those who do put in the time and effort to make scripts. And others who could care less.

Because of this, you'll find that some people who make scripts, don't publish them for everyone on the repolist for example, which is smart in a way. For those that do, they should be expected to hear whining from some, since I think those people view it as "Since it's public, you are just saying anyone can use it so I'm going to even if I have no idea how this game works internally". BEcause of that, you'll get those who think it's ok to bitch about something not working.

My only gripe was during the sloot debacle, since I'm a firm believer in "If it's not broke, why fix it?" But at the same time understood why it was being upgraded, alot of things inside the script were unneccessary and thus Spiffy made the changes. Only problem was, a vast majority of those who were using it saw it the same as me since it was working as intended, and when suddenly things starting ripping apart at the seams, thats when the uproar occured.

But as pointed out earlier, it's not so difficult to go back to the times without scripts like these for the most part. Problem is people got so used to them, they don't know anything else. Me personally, even if there were no scripts like there are now for this game, I'd still play the same and have as much enjoyment out of it. Thankfully, they exist though and do make things simpler and faster. Without them, everything can still be down the same way, you just need to spend more time doing it and entering more commands.

I don't speak for everyone, but I myself know I'm very thankful for those who put in the extra and (Unnecessary time) time spent by making these scripts for the public. Because in the end, no one has to do anything for anyone else but themselves, which is why they get frustrated with those who think they need to.

Durfin, Spiffy, Az, Gib and some others have been gracious enough to share their time with us, and I know some have shared help and advice with me privately as well. Some of us notice the effort and do appreciate it, while others who tend to be new at coding/programming/scripting may not seem to be since they haven't grasped it yet, but in time usually do.

6. Default

Personally when I write a script I make a thread for it in this forum explaining the basic usage & such. I figure if someone has a problem they'll search the forums for the script name and that thread will pop up.
    You're probably afraid to neg rep me.

7. Default

Lets be frank, I don't believe for a minute that scripts are uploaded to the repo for peace, love and kindess. They are uploaded for recognition. Lich isn't organized at all like an open source project where everyone works together for common goals. Its currently more like a middle school pissing contest.
    Total B.S. in my opinion.

Do you write any scripts?
    You're probably afraid to neg rep me.

8. Default

not on that list - guess I'm 'some others'.... makes me sad... To be fair, I've been fairly absent from the lichnet community since it psi-tard-splosion. One day I'll just release my entire library and gain a place in the coveted name-remembrance popularity contest.

ANYWAY - If Tillmen had JUST done the map database with go2, he would deserve supreme life-long recognition and a perpetual moratorium on complaints and bitchiness. But as it is he's completely remade lich, created narost, added GameObj, kept the spell-list up to date, re-made and hosted lichnet, and supported it all for years .... the list goes on and on and on... I have a lifetime subscription to the 'up Tillmens ass' coalition.

As for the repository scripts. I've never seen them as a "use this script" library. More of a starting point to making your own scripts. If there's a problem then try to fix it. If you can't, see if somebody has the time to point you in the right direction.

As for learning how to make a script... start off small and specific and work your way up. I started off with:
    Code:
    This = "stand"
    fput This
    This = "sit"
    fput This
    It took an entire day to realize the capital meant it was a Constant. I didn't have unlimited time and with each realization came a real sense of accomplishment.

personally, I have a txt file that contains a bunch of scripts that I use fairly often but don't feel the need to make a true-blue script out of.
    Code:
    ;eq GameObj.loot.each { |looz| if looz.name !~ /#{$list_boxs.join('|')}/ ; fput "get ##{looz.id}" ; fput "put ##{looz.id} in barrel" ; end }
    ;eq this = GameObj.loot.find { |loo| loo.name =~ / (barrel|can|transcan)$/ } ; GameObj.loot.each { |looz| fput "_drag ##{looz.id} ##{this.id}" if looz.name !~ /#{$list_boxs.join('|')}/ }
    ;eq this = GameObj.inv.find { |loo| loo.name =~ /green suede satchel$/ } ; GameObj.loot.each { |looz| fput "_drag ##{looz.id} ##{this.id}" if looz.name =~ / scarab$/ }

;eq GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ /#{$list_magk.join('|')}/ ; fput "get ##{conty.id}" ; fput "sell ##{conty.id}" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my mant" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" ; end } }
    ;eq GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ /#{$list_scrl.join('|')}|gold ring$/ ; fput "get ##{conty.id}" ; fput "sell ##{conty.id}" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my pack" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" ; end } }
    ;eq GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ / gold ring$/ ; fput "get ##{conty.id}" ; fput "sell ##{conty.id}" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my pack" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" ; end } }

;eq this = [] ; GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ /#{$list_magk.join('|')}/ then this.push conty end } } ; this.each { |conty| fput "get ##{conty.id}" ; fput "sell ##{conty.id}" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my mant" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" }
    ;eq this = [] ; GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ /#{$list_weap.join('|')}/ then this.push conty end } } ; this.each { |conty| fput "get ##{conty.id}" ; fput "sell ##{conty.id}" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my pack" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.left_hand.id} in my pack" if GameObj.left_hand.name != "Empty" }
    ;eq this = [] ; GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ /#{$list_armr.join('|')}/ then this.push conty end } } ; this.each { |conty| fput "get ##{conty.id}" ; fput "sell ##{conty.id}" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my pack" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.left_hand.id} in my pack" if GameObj.left_hand.name != "Empty"  ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my mant" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.left_hand.id} in my mant" if GameObj.left_hand.name != "Empty" }

;eq loop { ["get calipers", "lm meas box", "put cali on table", "get lock from table", "pick box with my lock", "put lock on table", "get calipers", "lm cali my cali", "give cali to Vigil"].each { |thing| fput thing ; waitrt? } }
    ;eq GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ /lockpick$/ ; fput "get ##{conty.id}" ; fput "put ##{conty.id} in my cloak" ; end } }
    ;eq GameObj.right_hand.contents.each { |d| multifput "get ##{d.id}", "put ##{d.id} in locker" }

;eq GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| fput "read ##{conty.id}" if conty.name =~ / #{$list_scrl.join('|')}$/ } }

;eq loop { wait_while { GameObj.loot.find { |n| n.name =~ /claidhmore/ }.nil? } ; fput "_drag ##{GameObj.loot.find { |n| n.name =~ /claidhmore/ }.id} ##{GameObj.inv.find { |n| n.name =~ /#{Lich.container_boxs1}/}.id}" }

;eq loop { fput "lm calibrate my calipers" ; waitrt? }
    ;eq ['order 1', 'buy', 'carve my block', 'carve my block', 'carve my wedge', 'carve my wedge', 'carve my wedge', 'rub my wedge', 'stow right'].each { |ff| fput ff ; wait_while { checkrt > 0 } ; pause("0.25s") }
    ;eq 7.times { ['get box', 'lm relock box', "give box to ##{GameObj.npcs[0].id}"].each { |ff| fput ff ; pause("0.25s") ; wait_while { checkrt > 0 } } }
    ;eq loop { multifput "prep 407", "cast ##{GameObj.right_hand.id}" ; waitcastrt? }
    ;eq 150.times { multifput "order 14", "buy", "put left in my pack" }

;eq
      this = GameObj.loot.find { |loo| loo.name =~ / (barrel|can|transcan)$/ }
      if this.nil?
      GameObj.loot.each { |looz| fput "_drag ##{looz.id} ##{this.id}" if looz.name !~ /#{$list_boxs.join('|')}/ }

;eq [12, 14].each { |n| multifput "order #{n}", "buy", "put left in my black sat" }

Catalog
      ----------------------------------
      1.  copper	lockpick
      2.  brass	lockpick
      3.  steel	lockpick
      4.  ivory	lockpick
      5.  gold	lockpick
      6.  silver	lockpick
      7.  ora	lockpick
      8.  mithril	lockpick
      9.  glaes	lockpick
      10. laje	lockpick
      11. alum	lockpick
      12. rolaren	lockpick
      13. invar	lockpick
      14. kelyn	lockpick
      15. a green brocade locksmith's toolkit
      16. a set of professional calipers

;eq GameObj['red velvet backpack'].contents.each { |n| fput "get ##{n.id}" ; pause("1s") ; fput "give Deepthroat" if GameObj.right_hand.id == n.id ; fput "give Deepthroat Left" if GameObj.left_hand.id == n.id ; waitfor "offers you" ; fput "accept" ; pause_script }
    ;eq ["an ivory-inlaid aquamarine ring", "a glittering ora circlet", "a princess-cut star ruby bracelet", "a plain star emerald band", "a malachite and beryl talisman", "a fine vultite awl-pike", "an old golvern aegis", "a yellow lor runestaff"].each { |n| GameObj.left_hand.contents.each { |y| if y.full_name =~ /#{n}/ ; fput "get ##{y.id}" ; fput "put ##{y.id} in my mantle" ; end } }
    ;eq ["an ivory-inlaid aquamarine ring", "a glittering ora circlet", "a princess-cut star ruby bracelet", "a plain star emerald band", "a malachite and beryl talisman", "a fine vultite awl-pike", "an old golvern aegis", "a yellow lor runestaff"].each { |n| GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |y| if y.full_name =~ /#{n}/ ; fput "get ##{y.id}" ; fput "put ##{y.id} in my mantle" ; end } } }

;eq GameObj.right_hand.contents.each { |n| respond n.full_name }

;eq [].each { |x| GameObj['locker'].contents.each { |n| if n.full_name =~ /#{x}/ then multifput "get ##{n.id} from locker", "put ##{n.id} in my mant" end } }
    ;eq fput "look in locker" ; pause("1s") ; this = [] ; GameObj['locker'].contents.each { |n| this.push n.full_name } ; respond this
    ;eq this = [] ; GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ /#{$list_magk.join('|')}/ then this.push conty end } } ; this.each { |conty| fput "get ##{conty.id}" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my mantle" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" }
    ;eq this = [] ; GameObj['locker'].contents.each { |conty| if conty.name =~ /#{$list_magk.join('|')}/ then this.push conty end } ; this.each { |conty| fput "get ##{conty.id} from locker" ; fput "Put ##{GameObj.right_hand.id} in my mantle" if GameObj.right_hand.name != "Empty" }
    ;eq GameObj.inv.each { |ivvy| ivvy.contents.each { |d| multifput "get ##{d.id}", "put ##{d.id} in locker" } }

At any rate. If you don't want to code. That's fine. Shut the fuck up. If a coder has released a script and wants input on it, that's fine. Give them constructive criticism - most of the best features of my scripts came from somebody else's idea. But don't complain something doesn't work - if you want it to work, fix it. If you don't want to fix it - again, shut the fuck up.
    Discord: Valendr0s#6885

9. Default

Lets be frank, I don't believe for a minute that scripts are uploaded to the repo for peace, love and kindess. They are uploaded for recognition. Lich isn't organized at all like an open source project where everyone works together for common goals. Its currently more like a middle school pissing contest.
    I don't believe that's most of the motivation. Personally I upload scripts I feel demonstrate a particular lich trick fairly well. I try to help people out to see how to do these things.

Uberbar is an excellent example showing how to add SF bars.
    Uberbarwiz is a good example of GTK - but I think it's implemented very badly with poor coding techniques.

Or the progression of scripts

ActiveSpells showed how to add a window to SF.
    UberSpells was written because ActiveSpells didn't show a timer bar, and 'inactivespells.lic' didn't properly show durations of non-stacking spells.

Personally I don't release most of my scripts because I don't feel they expand on the knowledge of Lich any. And some of them are just downright dangerous.
    Discord: Valendr0s#6885

The lich community is comprised of three groups:

1) Lich contributors
    2) Lich users/non-scripters
    3) Lich users/scripters

Group #1 is comprised pretty much of Tillmen. My mistake was in thinking that 3 was part of 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Are our lives now so fragmented and depersonalized that things we should already be doing, like saving those in danger and feeding the homeless, have suddenly become the actions of heroes?

-TheE-