Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I guess I'll try some streaming too

So I just upgraded recently to a different internet package and it has a bunch more upstream bandwidth than I was expecting, enough to actually stream.

I'm gonna start with my bronze Laura in SFV and maybe some CS:GO, check it out if you want, or not.

https://www.twitch.tv/seamuspj/

I'll be streaming for a while tonight to start, still figuring everything out with OBS.
    Last edited by Velfi; 07-01-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi
    check it out
    Don't tell me how to live my life!

or not.
    Don't tell me how not to live my life!

I followed your channel, but reported anyway.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-25-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I'm going live for some more bronze Laura! Lemme zap you!

Blog Entries

If you're using OBS, remember that if you want to watch your own stream you might need to view it on a different computer, because of sound issues and infinite echoes. I do it on my tablet.

If you have found a way around this let me know.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    If you're using OBS, remember that if you want to watch your own stream you might need to view it on a different computer, because of sound issues and infinite echoes. I do it on my tablet.

Just mute the stream you’re watching and it won’t echo.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post

The easiest solution is like Methais said, just mute your stream if you have it open and no echo.

However, I've found another option as well that uses a product called Virtual Audio Cable. Basically, you install the drivers for the VAC, you set your default recording and playback devices to be the cable output/cable input, and you also go to the settings for the Cable Output (under recording devices), go to the Listen tab, and point it to where you want to send the signal, ie your headphones.

After doing that, you tell OBS to capture the Cable Input device as your desktop audio, and also have the mic device pointed to your headphone or whatever mic you use.

One more step after this, maybe there's another way but what I found was needing to use AudioPick, an extension for Chrome that lets you pick the sound device you want the tab you're in to use. So, if you want to listen to your stream but not have it playback, you would do all of the above stuff, but then in Chrome set the tab that's playing your stream to send directly to your headphones, not the Cable Input, and that will eliminate the audio of it from being captured for the stream.

I used this to listen to music and not have it going to my stream, though last night I tried just having Monstercat playing quietly and I think it worked okay too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Just mute the stream you’re watching and it won’t echo.
    I like to be able to hear the sound quality.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Oh one other program that helps with the stuff I posted above: Audio Switcher. Gives you a little system tray icon to quickly switch your default playback/recording device, and you can set up keyboard hotkeys to do the switching also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I used this to listen to music and not have it going to my stream, though last night I tried just having Monstercat playing quietly and I think it worked okay too.
    What's the point of listening to Monstercat if you do it quietly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    What's the point of listening to Monstercat if you do it quietly?
    Well, to be fair it was the Monstercat: Instinct station which is more laidback and chill but I don't wanna blow anyone's ears out...