Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To bolt or not

Quote Originally Posted by Chuno View Post
    What is ward bow? Also, as a whole, when does this type of hunting become viable? My cleric is 20, but I haven't played him for a couple years, but he's a pure warder. Should have a fix I can use on him, but I really like the idea of what you have going on up above.
    I use spell aim AND ward now. It was a typo.

Also, at 45 I have more than enough mana to fry using any combination of spells without using society mana skills. My mana pool is about 176. If you’re having problems you might not be hunting in the right areas or training correctly.

Some critters are more susceptible to warding vs bolts and vice versa. So training both gives you more flexibility in hunting choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using 320 in combat is nice but 309 is really where spell aim shines.

Normal cast(level 47 vs level 55 creature):

You gesture at an eidolon.
    [SMR result: 140 (Open d100: 81)]
    A shifting rent in reality forms near an eidolon, and from it blows a caustic, alien wind.
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the eidolon for 18 points of damage!
    ... 25 points of damage!
    Quick strike to the right leg!
    The eidolon makes no bones about it.
    It is knocked to the ground!
    The eidolon is stunned!
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Evoked(level 47 vs level 48 creature):

You gesture at a dybbuk.
    [SMR result: 155 (Open d100: 81, Bonus: 1)]
    A shifting rent in reality forms near a dybbuk, and from it blows a caustic, alien wind.
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the dybbuk for 23 points of damage!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Acid splash near the eye causes blisters that almost swell it shut!
    The dybbuk is stunned!
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the dybbuk for 19 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Splash of acid hits shoulder and runs down the back in a painful trail.
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the dybbuk for 23 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    The dybbuk avoids the worst of the attack but still gets a singed forearm.
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the dybbuk for 24 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Bit of acid strikes the dybbuk's calf leaving bright red spots.
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the dybbuk for 22 points of damage!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Acid reaches the chest causing a nasty rash!
    The caustic wind dies as the shifting rent near a dybbuk fades away.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    Using 320 in combat is nice but 309 is really where spell aim shines.

Normal cast(level 47 vs level 55 creature):

You gesture at an eidolon.
    [SMR result: 140 (Open d100: 81)]
    A shifting rent in reality forms near an eidolon, and from it blows a caustic, alien wind.
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the eidolon for 18 points of damage!
    ... 25 points of damage!
    Quick strike to the right leg!
    The eidolon makes no bones about it.
    It is knocked to the ground!
    The eidolon is stunned!

Evoked(level 47 vs level 48 creature):

You gesture at a dybbuk.
    [SMR result: 155 (Open d100: 81, Bonus: 1)]
    A shifting rent in reality forms near a dybbuk, and from it blows a caustic, alien wind.
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Acid splash near the eye causes blisters that almost swell it shut!
    The dybbuk is stunned!
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the dybbuk for 19 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Splash of acid hits shoulder and runs down the back in a painful trail.
    ... 15 points of damage!
    The dybbuk avoids the worst of the attack but still gets a singed forearm.
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the dybbuk for 24 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Bit of acid strikes the dybbuk's calf leaving bright red spots.
    Barbed, glistening tentacles dart from the tear in space and rip into the dybbuk for 22 points of damage!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Acid reaches the chest causing a nasty rash!
    The caustic wind dies as the shifting rent near a dybbuk fades away.
    That Marlu messaging is wild.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I started training in spell aim somewhere around the time this thread came out because I had not really explored the changes to 320, or 309 .. Right now a few trains later i'm just slightly under 1x for my train level 75... and 309 and 320 still are well worth the mana even lacking in SA.. I'm excited to see how kick ass it is at 2x ... not enough to actually respec for it though... so maybe i'll know cap

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    I started training in spell aim somewhere around the time this thread came out because I had not really explored the changes to 320, or 309 .. Right now a few trains later i'm just slightly under 1x for my train level 75... and 309 and 320 still are well worth the mana even lacking in SA.. I'm excited to see how kick ass it is at 2x ... not enough to actually respec for it though... so maybe i'll know cap
    the best part of spell aim is evoke 306 because you basically go all Ark of the Covenant on people.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!