Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Yup.

That forum won't last though.. it's dead and boring as hell. This forum still gets 3-4x the amount of traffic/posts.
    I'm uncertain who deleted it, deletions tend not to be in logs, because the objects simply don't exist anymore... I saw Alastir and Vishra both in there last I saw it still existed. Beyond that, dunno.

I agree that they're nowhere near as high in raw numbers as PC post rates, but PC has a broader topic set of discussions that people are posting on. Based on metrics available from our admin console, clicks and posts have been high. If you were to removed politics or the MacGyver topics on these forums, I'd estimate they're at approximately 80% of PC's post rates.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    If you were to removed politics or the MacGyver topics on these forums, I'd estimate they're at approximately 80% of PC's post rates.
    The politics folder has been mostly dead since time4fun stopped posting a new whine thread every day. Just like they were mostly dead before she started discussing politics on here. It's funny, you all insisted PB was the problem but never realized who the real problem was.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I'm uncertain who deleted it, deletions tend not to be in logs, because the objects simply don't exist anymore... I saw Alastir and Vishra both in there last I saw it still existed. Beyond that, dunno.

I agree that they're nowhere near as high in raw numbers as PC post rates, but PC has a broader topic set of discussions that people are posting on. Based on metrics available from our admin console, clicks and posts have been high. If you were to removed politics or the MacGyver topics on these forums, I'd estimate they're at approximately 80% of PC's post rates.
    Whatever lets you sleep at night Whirlin.

And, the other forums suck balls. The only reason it's even a candle of a chance for surviving is because Wyrom is allowing his staff to post there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    The ferocity with which you push this narrative implies a weakness in your opinion.

If the new forums are so terrible, so boring, so safe space, and so moderated that it will surely die, then it will do so without the handful of people here constantly blowing that horn. If the new forums are such a non issue to you all, stop making it a constant issue.
    You wildly exaggerate the effort it takes to mock others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The politics folder has been mostly dead since time4fun stopped posting a new whine thread every day. Just like they were mostly dead before she started discussing politics on here. It's funny, you all insisted PB was the problem but never realized who the real problem was.
    Completely agree, but it's naive to imagine that only one side is responsible for two sides bickering. Remove one side, and the problem goes away. Regardless of which side it is.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

if the best example of over moderating is blocking a group created by PB, that didn't follow group rules, that was clearly a deliberate troll of the Elanrhia forums, I think that's actually a pretty solid endorsement.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    You wildly exaggerate the effort it takes to mock others.
    Your standards of mockery are shit though. Your posts have gotten so stale lately.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

if the best example of over moderating is blocking a group created by PB, that didn't follow group rules, that was clearly a deliberate troll of the Elanrhia forums, I think that's actually a pretty solid endorsement.
    Maybe if they hadn't tried to spin it as something other than singling PB out.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Your standards of mockery are shit though. Your posts have gotten so stale lately.
    You sound so bitter.

That pleases me.
    I like penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Maybe if they hadn't tried to spin it as something other than singling PB out.
    Did do you read do good?