Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascension questions and more!

1. Default

Can someone post the discord screenie about all the bard changes? I didn't give any of my character's names to the SIMU secret police.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Can someone post the discord screenie about all the bard changes? I didn't give any of my character's names to the SIMU secret police.
    I don't know if they mentioned anything specific, I just saw Naijin talking about 1035 and he seemed pretty adamant about nerfing it big time. He said something like always having a 1 second RT (which of course would depend on weapon type because not all weapons can be swung in 4 seconds) is too powerful and doesn't make sense because no human could react fast enough to things going on with a 1 second RT, which I thought was kind of a weird talking point for justifying nerfing something.

3. Default

Both Naijin and Estild are some of the most arrogant fucks ever conceived by this reality. They seriously think taking 3 decades of the game and adding a fuckton of complexity and they can in a matter of weeks balance all this shit.

In the end, warriors will be gods in both offense and defense, bards "the one trick pony" will all become table purifiers, and rogues and monks will probably suck even more.

P.S. btw Pures are gonna get fucking rektd!
    Last edited by Skeletor; 04-22-2021 at 08:24 PM.

I main a wizard, a cleric, and a sorcerer.. I don't want to cry the sky is falling, but fuck both of them starting with not even able to see discord cause they want to police it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I don't know if they mentioned anything specific, I just saw Naijin talking about 1035 and he seemed pretty adamant about nerfing it big time. He said something like always having a 1 second RT (which of course would depend on weapon type because not all weapons can be swung in 4 seconds) is too powerful and doesn't make sense because no human could react fast enough to things going on with a 1 second RT, which I thought was kind of a weird talking point for justifying nerfing something.
    "Guys we have to nerf this magic spell because it makes you faster and that's not realistic."
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Both Naijin and Estild are some of the most arrogant fucks ever conceived by this reality. They seriously think taking 3 decades of the game and adding a fuckton of complexity and they can in a matter of weeks balance all this shit.

In the end, warriors will be gods in both offense and defense, bards "the one trick pony" will all become table purifiers, and rogues and monks will probably suck even more.

P.S. btw Pures are gonna get fucking rektd!
    And Wyrom lets it happen, which is pretty disappointing.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I hope staff remembers the reaction when they attempted heavy-handed nerfs of 506 and 515 a few years ago. They undid some of the worst changes as I recall but the loss of goodwill will never be recovered. Though given the "thank you sir, may I have another" attitude of the bard community over the proposed nerfs, I worry they won't be as vocal and therefore less likely to stave off some bad changes.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    I hope staff remembers the reaction when they attempted heavy-handed nerfs of 506 and 515 a few years ago. They undid some of the worst changes as I recall but the loss of goodwill will never be recovered. Though given the "thank you sir, may I have another" attitude of the bard community over the proposed nerfs, I worry they won't be as vocal and therefore less likely to stave off some bad changes.
    They remember. And they still don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    They remember. And they still don't give a shit.
    That's a bit harsh. I cancelled my accounts (something I had done many times at that point) and left a comment about the wizard changes. I received an email stating that Wyrom was keeping an eye on things and to be assured they weren't going to kill any playstyles or something to that effect. I'd never received anything but the standard boilerplate email before that. And after the initial proposal there was a good amount of back and forth about what changes would be reasonable. Granted, that was more than I'm seeing now, but I remain hopeful. My only main is a hurling bard and if my playstyle gets killed I am willing to hang it up. I'd prefer not to though.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post

Personally, I've actually played very little since the SMRv2 defense adjustment was pushed out when they moved combat maneuvers from CML to SMRv2.

Naijin keeps saying, "You defend better now against all combat maneuvers with the change from CML to SMR! All pures rejoice!"
    Players keep saying, "You tanked the SMRv2 defense and my pures all lost 20-40 points. We get hit a lot more often on all SMR abilities and take a lot harder hits."
    Naijin says, "But you defend better against all combat maneuvers than you did before the change. I don't see the problem. You've improved."
    Players say, "My pures all lost 20-40 points. We get hit a lot more often on all SMR abilities and take a lot harder hits."
    Other players say, "My Semi characters, even after fixskill to boost Perception/CM/Dodge/FP are getting slaughtered in hunting grounds they used to be mostly survivable."
    Naijin says, "But you defend better against all combat maneuvers than you did before the change. I don't see the problem. You've improved."
    Finally after a bunch of complaining Naijin does acknowledge that there was a hit to SMRv2 defense for all pures and some semis. But that's where it was left. He hasn't said anything else on the matter and it's pretty much a "fuck you, deal with it" answer.

It's no fun under hunting by 5 levels and still having creatures get a 40-50% chance to steamroll my pures as I'm walking into a room because of the reduction of SMRv2 defense.
    I saw that exchange on the official forums and found it curious. Multiple customers, most of whom don't know each other in game and may not even get along on the forums, expressed concern over the PSM 2 update's after effects. Instead of addressing the actual concerns, Naijin basically doubled down with a "nope, there is no problem" attitude like a dude bro who's arguing on the discord mechanic server, and stubbornly held on to that line of logic using all the technicalities and twisted arguments he can manage.

It's more acceptable for a player to argue ad nauseams in favor of their favorite design in an autistic manner - they're a single paying customer, and hopefully the game dev will have the judgment to ignore the more outrageous or biased suggestions anyway. When a game dev does the same in an official capacity, it's a lot less acceptable because it fails to actually address concerns from multiple customers on top of making the company they represent look bad.

I think because Naijin is a contracted employee and not someone like Wyrom who makes a full time living from the game, he doesn't quite understand that. From Naijin's point of view, being able to "beat" customers who are offering feedback/concerns on an update he helped release qualifies as a win. He may not understand that "winning", for Simu the company, is making money, which involves retaining subscriptions from current customers. You also sometimes see a similar sort of misunderstanding expressed by him when he responds to other concerns from players - like when people worry whether all the new negative status would be annoying when used by critters, he shifts the responsibility to critter designers and basically resorts to a "not my department" answer. Customers tend to see companies as a singular entity, they don't differentiate between company employees in different departments. "Not my department" results in clusterfuck scenarios like one GM designing a spell (1206) that can't be viably used by the one class with access to it, and another GM releasing said spell on a x/day item at a cash event - every GM/employee did what made sense in the scope of their own department, but the overall result was the loss of a lot of good will from the customer base because both actions were just attributed to Simu the company.

Anyway, Naijin was very firm on his position in the PSM 2 feedback thread on the official forums, and it was clear that the concerns people provided feedback on were not going to be addressed or even acknowledged. Sadly, reading between the lines, this seems to be the general way future updates would be handled as well. I've actually canceled the account my wizard was on and downgraded the premium on my main account as well based on the responses I saw there. If there are characters or accounts you barely play due to the issues from the PSM 2 update or any update, you should cancel or downgrade said accounts and make sure to clearly state why in the feedback area. When polite feedback doesn't seem to quite work, voting with your wallet can work better from my past experience with other game's devs.
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 04-22-2021 at 10:10 PM.