Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazmine Barnes murder

Default Jazmine Barnes murder

What the hell happened here? A little black girl is shot and killed while riding in a car with her mom and the mother says the shooter was white and remembers looking into his blue eyes. Everyone loses their shit (rightfully so I might add), but quickly turns this into a race argument (wrongfully so I might add.) Of course the shooter is a racist white terrorist and we have to find him! Texas is filled with racist white terrorists!

Except...oops! Turns out it was two black men who are responsible for the shooting. I really hate to think the mother lied about the description for whatever reasons, but can anyone else give me a legitimate reason for why she said she looked into the murderer's blue eyes and described him as a white man when it was really two black men in a car? This isn't mistaking a light skinned Hispanic man for a white man, this is mistaking a blue eyed white man with a brown eyed black man.

Supposedly one excuse the mother's lawyer gave (the lawyer who says he was brought into the case because of the racist aspects of the case) was she saw a white man running away from the scene and assumed he was the shooter. So you mistake two black men in a car shooting at your car with a white man running away from the scene? How does that even begin to make sense?

What gets me is 4 different family members all corroborated with the white man sketch. And it's not like at some point one of them said "You know thinking back on it I think we're wrong, it was a black man." Instead the police received a tip stating the ones responsible are black. The driver has already been caught and arrested, he confessed and told police the gun was at his house and gave permission to search his house. The police found the gun and said it matched the casings from the bullets at the scene of the murder.

So how did this tip come about? The police are looking for a white man but this tip says it was 2 black men and the tip turned out to be right. Apparently there was a 150k reward leading to the arrest of the murderers and I'd be willing to bet this person knew who the actual murderers were and were probably not going to say shit until they saw the possibility of the 150k reward, suddenly they know who did it.

I really wonder how little media attention this would have received, and if the killers would ever have been found, if the mother said the shooters were black from the beginning. So fucked up and sad that this story only made national news because of the racist aspect the media wanted to push.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 01-07-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Blog Entries

The killers would have been found, there just would have been no media coverage. I mean, the police figured out who it was despite the drawing and description.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-07-2019 at 01:54 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The killers would have been found, there just would have been no media coverage. I mean, the police figured out who it was despite the drawing and description.
    The police only found the murderers because of the tip. The police even said they were hesitant to follow up on the tip because the descriptions from the tip was nothing even close to the description the family gave.

Also my bad, I thought I read that the mother gave the description about a white man with blue eyes but it turns out the mother says she didn't see anything. It was the 15 year old daughter who said it was a white man with blue eyes.

If you read the whole story, the white guy in the truck story came about because people turned after they heard the shots and the next vehicle driving away at highway speeds was the red truck, not just the people in the car saw that. The truck was basically the next vehicle that drove past. At 70 or so miles per hour also fleeing from gunshots that driver heard. Excellent police work, and good tips, solved what could have been an exceptionally hard case I think.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    If you read the whole story, the white guy in the truck story came about because people turned after they heard the shots and the next vehicle driving away at highway speeds was the red truck, not just the people in the car saw that. The truck was basically the next vehicle that drove past. At 70 or so miles per hour also fleeing from gunshots that driver heard. Excellent police work, and good tips, solved what could have been an exceptionally hard case I think.
    I read the whole story and it still doesn't make sense. The daughter said she looked into the shooter's eyes and noticed he had blue eyes and was white. How did she get that from a truck that was speeding away after the shooting had happened?

I also find it very suspicious that one alleged witness followed the truck yet apparently couldn't grab a license plate number or didn't follow the person until it stopped or anything of that sort?

None of this makes sense.

Drive onto the interstate, turn your head as a car speeds by and get any details you can as they speed off. Well sit in the back seat, seems safer, I'll wait til the police release all their info before I draw conclusions, remember they are the ones that released the sketch not the kids in the car.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

I'll wait til the police release all their info before I draw conclusions, remember they are the ones that released the sketch not the kids in the car.
    The sketch was based on the family's description.

Also the more I look into this the more none of it makes sense. First of all I can't find where I read that one witness claimed to have followed the car, in fact I can't find much information at all about the witnesses offering their account of what happened. Instead all of the information seems to come from the family. Maybe my Googlefu just sucks.

Second of all I was right in my original post that the mother DID claim to see the description of the man, but in one video I saw she said she didn't see much of anything and that her daughter saw what happened. But yet the mother apparently said this at one point: “The look in his eyes — he wasn’t normal,” Washington said, according to CBS News."

So not only did she see who did this but she could tell from looking at his eyes that he wasn't normal.

Also what they said happened was the truck was behind them, then changed lanes to pull up beside them on the driver's side, opened fire, then got in front of them and kept firing. Sure sounds like they were positive where the bullets were coming from, even examining this guy well enough that him being on their car's driver's side, meaning he was further away from them, that they could see he had blue eyes and that something was wrong him.

The excuses from the sheriff make even less sense. One explanation for them giving a completely wrong description is that the red truck was the last vehicle they saw so they just assumed that was the shooter.

He also says it was dark so that may be a contributing factor. What?

Also originally the shooter was described as a white man in his 40's with a beard, but that was apparently from the witnesses and not from anyone in the car, then when the daughter and mother gave their description of a white man in his 30's looking pale and sickly and with no beard suddenly everyone agreed that was the right description.

The more I read about this the less everything makes sense.

Everyone sounded so sure it was the red truck with a white man who opened fire, but now the excuse for this is everyone just thought that was the vehicle because reasons. I could buy this argument if these were the only two cars there and the shooting came from a pedestrian so people assumed the only other car that is speeding away was where the gunfire came from. But there had to have been at least one other vehicle there, the vehicle where the gunfire really did come from. So did no one bother to describe other cars or people they saw? Bother to say something like "All I saw was the red truck, but I can't say for sure if that's the vehicle that opened fire"? How do we go from the mother, daughter, and several other witnesses all saying it was a white man in a red truck to "Well apparently everyone just thought that was the car for reasons"? Someone besides Praetor explain this to me.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 01-07-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The sketch was based on the family's description.

Also the more I look into this the more none of it makes sense. First of all I can't find where I read that one witness claimed to have followed the car, in fact I can't find much information at all about the witnesses offering their account of what happened. Instead all of the information seems to come from the family. Maybe my Googlefu just sucks.

Second of all I was right in my original post that the mother DID claim to see the description of the man, but in one video I saw she said she didn't see much of anything and that her daughter saw what happened. But yet the mother apparently said this at one point: “The look in his eyes — he wasn’t normal,” Washington said, according to CBS News."

So not only did she see who did this but she could tell from looking at his eyes that he wasn't normal.

Also what they said happened was the truck was behind them, then changed lanes to pull up beside them on the driver's side, opened fire, then got in front of them and kept firing. Sure sounds like they were positive where the bullets were coming from, even examining this guy well enough that him being on their car's driver's side, meaning he was further away from them, that they could see he had blue eyes and that something was wrong him.

The excuses from the sheriff make even less sense. One explanation for them giving a completely wrong description is that the red truck was the last vehicle they saw so they just assumed that was the shooter.

He also says it was dark so that may be a contributing factor. What?

Also originally the shooter was described as a white man in his 40's with a beard, but that was apparently from the witnesses and not from anyone in the car, then when the daughter and mother gave their description of a white man in his 30's looking pale and sickly and with no beard suddenly everyone agreed that was the right description.

The more I read about this the less everything makes sense.

Everyone sounded so sure it was the red truck with a white man who opened fire, but now the excuse for this is everyone just thought that was the vehicle because reasons. I could buy this argument if these were the only two cars there and the shooting came from a pedestrian so people assumed the only other car that is speeding away was where the gunfire came from. But there had to have been at least one other vehicle there, the vehicle where the gunfire really did come from. So did no one bother to describe other cars or people they saw? Bother to say something like "All I saw was the red truck, but I can't say for sure if that's the vehicle that opened fire"? How do we go from the mother, daughter, and several other witnesses all saying it was a white man in a red truck to "Well apparently everyone just thought that was the car for reasons"? Someone besides Praetor explain this to me.
    You sound like Nancy Grace.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

This. Doesn't sound like there was a racial motive, just mistaken victims/witnesses.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.