Page 132 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 32821221301311321331341421822326321132 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    WASHINGTON — As Russia’s virtual war against the United States continues unabated with the midterm elections approaching, the State Department has yet to spend any of the $120 million it has been allocated since late 2016 to counter foreign efforts to meddle in elections or sow distrust in democracy.

As a result, not one of the 23 analysts working in the department’s Global Engagement Center — which has been tasked with countering Moscow’s disinformation campaign — speaks Russian, and a department hiring freeze has hindered efforts to recruit the computer experts needed to track the Russian efforts.
    It's almost as if trump gives permission to Russia to attack our elections. That's odd considering it's basically his main job to stop this shit. I wonder why?

2. Default

BREAKING: grandy jury in Mueller probe has issued subpoenas for docs going back to Nov. 1, 2015, 4½ months after Trump launched his campaign to Trump, Bannon, Cohen, Gates, Hicks, Lewandowski, Manafort, Page, Schiller and Stone.

Two basic facts make clear the extent of the dereliction.

The first fact is undeniable, that an operation orchestrated at the highest levels of Vladimir Putin’s government tried with alarming success to disrupt our elections in 2016 and is planning even greater disruptions in the future. The announcement by special counsel Robert Mueller’s office of indictments against 13 Russian nationals has finally settled the matter.

Even within the Trump administration, senior officials other than the President, including Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, CIA Director Mike Pompeo and national security adviser H.R. McMaster, have called the evidence incontrovertible and warned about the severity of continuing Russian interference.

Russia has launched similar disinformation warfare against other democracies in recent years, including Germany, France and the U.K. It deploys what a recent Rand Corp. study describes as a “fire hose of falsehoods,” precisely targeted to select audiences on an industrial scale. Although there is no evidence of actual tampering with votes, in 2016, Russian hackers breached sensitive voting records in Illinois and targeted the elections systems of 38 other states.

The U.S. remains under threat.

The second fact is equally undeniable: Trump has done virtually nothing to fight back or to deter future meddling. To the contrary, he has dwelled in narcissistic fantasy and called the Russia allegations part of a “hoax.”
    He has smeared the veracity of Americans who have devoted their lives to public service yet has vouched for Putin’s sincerity. As ever more evidence has emerged, instead of defending the nation and its Constitution, Trump has stubbornly maintained his position.

Impeach the fuck
    . He's not doing his most basic job.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post

Impeach the fuck
    WaAAAAaAaaahhhhh I lost!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post

Impeach the fuck
    So this whole time the Democrats were defending the constitution with the mandate?

I guess I just keep missing the part where it says "purchase health insurance or be punished"

Trump has not even come close to that kind of bullshit.

Democrats should pursue Impeachment now instead of waiting until after the midterms. Imagine the fire and brimstone that could take place in 9 months time, this must be done now.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    So this whole time the Democrats were defending the constitution with the mandate?

I guess I just keep missing the part where it says "purchase health insurance or be punished"

Trump has not even come close to that kind of bullshit.

Democrats should pursue Impeachment now instead of waiting until after the midterms. Imagine the fire and brimstone that could take place in 9 months time, this must be done now.
    Except the Supreme Court ruled that it wa constitutional.

Also, I don't understand how refusing to even try to stop Russia from hacking our elections is in the same category as making sure the country has medical care. And I really don't get how you could possibly argue that the healthcare is worse.

Honestly, you've been saying some really weird things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rheisia View Post
    Except the Supreme Court ruled that it wa constitutional.

Also, I don't understand how refusing to even try to stop Russia from hacking our elections is in the same category as making sure the country has medical care. And I really don't get how you could possibly argue that the healthcare is worse.

Honestly, you've been saying some really weird things.
    "ruled" does not = law.

Show me in the constitution where it says one must purchase insurance.

Why do I need to worry about Russia when the Democrats are trying to enact Communist laws?

Since when does insurance = medical care? Not a single damn thing about healthcare was fixed. All that happened is insurance companies were given the golden egg with the label monopoly written on the side.

Please for the love of god, just point to the part of the constitution that says we are required to purchase insurance or sit your communist ass down.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "ruled" does not = law.

Show me in the constitution where it says one must purchase insurance.

Why do I need to worry about Russia when the Democrats are trying to enact Communist laws?

Since when does insurance = medical care? Not a single damn thing about healthcare was fixed. All that happened is insurance companies were given the golden egg with the label monopoly written on the side.

Please for the love of god, just point to the part of the constitution that says we are required to purchase insurance or sit your communist ass down.
    What?

Ruled literally means law. That's outlined in the Constitution. And I'm pretty sure that it was decided because the Constitution allows Congress to levy taxes.

You're not actually required to buy insurance. You just have to pay a tax if you don't.

You're really not making any sense right now. And I can't even get into your communism argument because only like one country in the world with Universal Healthcare is Communist.
    Last edited by Rheisia; 03-05-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rheisia View Post
    What?

Ruled literally means law. That's outlined in the Constitution. And I'm pretty sure that it was decided because the Constitution allows Congress to levy taxes.

You're not actually required to buy insurance. You just have to pay a tax if you don't.

You're really not making any sense right now. And I can't even get into your communism argument because only like one country in the world with Universal Healthcare is Communist.
    Not anymore you don't. Trump killed that Individual Mandate.

But yes, the Supreme Court ruling something does mean it is law in a roundabout way. It was law before that and they are just confirming it is a valid one or not a valid one within the scope of the Constitution.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-05-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Not anymore you don't. Trump killed that Individual Mandate.

But yes, the Supreme Court ruling something does mean it is law in a roundabout way. It was law before that and they are just confirming it is a valid one or not a valid one within the scope of the Constitution.
    The individual mandate wasn't something punishable by law. You couldn't go to jail, or face community service, or ever go near a Court or Police Station if you didn't have insurance. You weren't even actually fined. Your taxes just went up a bit.

It's sort of a stretch to say you were ever required to have insurance. To me, it's like saying you are required to give to charity because your taxes are higher if you don't.