Page 129 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1341

Thread: Game of Thrones Speculation

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Theon being a main character. In hindsight I phrased my point about Theon badly, for me his wasn't about him surviving, but that his charge was just so baffling with him just running at the Night King with all the wights/walkers around. My reaction as it was happening:
    I felt that way with the Dothraki charge, but with Theon, it was his redemptive arc. He returned, faced the people he had wronged, then died in service of them in a noble but ultimately futile gesture. It's kind of a dumb cliche fantasy trope and I think they have something similar planned for Jaime. I just want to know why dragon fire DIDN'T work, but Valyrian steel did. We'll probably never know what the deal with the White Walkers was.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    In a court yard full of corpses and he thinks the best thing is a poor charge? He probably could have dueled until back up came. Stupid. Really stupid choice.
    Well he has no balls, probably hurts his problem solving skills and rational thought...I mean give him a war hammer you got time4fun charging head first.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I felt that way with the Dothraki charge, but with Theon, it was his redemptive arc.
    I agree with you on the Dothraki charge as well. It was really weird, they're still far enough to not even be seen, so let's go charge away from our fortifications and backup, meanwhile our catapults are shooting with a range of miles.

The whole battle made no sense to me. You have a fortified defensible castle, and for some reason the writers of GoT thought it was a good idea to have a small army leave their fortifications to march on a much larger army in pitch dark when they cannot see in the dark, but clearly the enemy had no problem seeing them. I guess a cavalry and the Dothraki in particular are pretty useless behind walls. They never believed in fortifications to begin with, but when I watched that part of the episode it was basically like - "dumb... they deserve to die at this point".
    Last edited by Maerit; 05-01-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Blog Entries

They had to weaken Dany's army to open the way for Jon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

How the Night King is going to return.

7. Default

The way they wasted all of the Dothraki was really stupid even though it made for a great visual with the flames going out in the darkness. With two dragons at your disposal you can defend a fortification all day by waiting for them to come to you and roasting them. Then have the Dothraki come in to help mop up once you've made a dent. Then again, nobody ever accused Dany or Jon of being good at any sort of strategy.

Blog Entries

I liked their catapults/trebuchets on the front line. Got off like one shot before they were overrun. Bro, do you even Total War?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I liked their catapults/trebuchets on the front line. Got off like one shot before they were overrun. Bro, do you even Total War?
    I don't remember seeing hot oil. What kind of defense lacks hot oil?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    In a court yard full of corpses and he thinks the best thing is a poor charge? He probably could have dueled until back up came. Stupid. Really stupid choice.
    I liked his end. He was tired, he'd been forgiven, he'd fought well and he was ready. I don't think it was a hail mary kind of charge at all since he wouldn't believe he had a chance of succeeding either, but more a simple suicide run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow