Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stellaris

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    lol

That's awesome.

Blog Entries

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

So things have changed quite a bit. Anyone still playing? I just spanked some Great Khan ass and am in the middle of the ultra-spoopy Horizon Signal chain.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

So things have changed quite a bit. Anyone still playing? I just spanked some Great Khan ass and am in the middle of the ultra-spoopy Horizon Signal chain.
    I still play it. Did a game vanilla and then back to my ST Horizons mod. I personally like the changes as far as the fleet sizes.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Have you fought the Contingency yet? Half of their purification centers popped up in my territory, and even though I'm more or less already optimized against them just one of their bases is about 3x my total fleet power. I could *maybe* take one of their smaller fleets out if I can isolate it and gather my fleets into one area, but it's doubtful. There's a caretaker FE that wasn't corrupted but they're on the other side of the galaxy.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-14-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Have you fought the Contingency yet? Half of their purification centers popped up in my territory, and even though I'm more or less already optimized against them just one of their bases is about 3x my total fleet power. I could *maybe* take one of their smaller fleets out if I can isolate it and gather my fleets into one area, but it's doubtful. There's a caretaker FE that wasn't corrupted but they're on the other side of the galaxy.
    Yeah, lots of time. You just have to concentrate on their individual fleets.

Blog Entries

So i started up a new game playing as determined exterminators/machine intelligence. Destroyed this one alien empire immediately upon first contact... My second contact was the United Nations of Earth. I have conquered Earth and purged every human from the galaxy.

8. Default

Megacorp came out yesterday. I'm only about 20 years into a new game so far, but in true Paradox fashion they've changed around the core mechanics in a way that addresses a lot of the issues that cropped up. Buildings, population, migration and the like are all handled very differently now. It's done in a way that's far less micromanagey down the line, like when they streamlined EU3 way back when.

Minerals and Energy still exist, but you don't use them to make ships for example, anymore. There are several new resources, alloys, civilian goods, et cetera, that you use for various tasks. Alloys are used to make starbases and ships, modules, et cetera. You no longer have to make the decision to build a mining station over a corvette at the beginning of the game. You can still build buildings, but how many you can build is flat out determined by how many population you have, opening a new building slot every 5 population, which now goes up to 80+ on a single planet.

From the start now there's a galactic market that trades in all resources. Several new corporate factions pop up, nomadic ones that travel around and try to sell you things. Those are neat.

Pirates are reworked somehow, but I haven't seen how yet. I do know you have to protect your shipping lanes with stations or fleets now against piracy, and there's a new mechanic for trade goods.

All in all, it seems like all positive changes so far. Paradox is good at addressing issues like that.

Blog Entries

Stellaris is on consoles now. I guess it's a few patches behind the PC version though.

Blog Entries

Newest expac dropping today. Nemesis. You can BE the endgame crisis.