Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: (1650) - Divine Incarnation Pre-Release Information

Blog Entries

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild
    Just to address this: there are a number of professions, including paladins, that could use more utility outside of combat. We're not against that idea, but we have yet to find one that is worthwhile, balanced, and appropriately themed. However, even if we did have such an idea, it would unlikely be in the 1650 spell slot since level 50 profession spell slots represent the pinnacle of power for a profession. Utility does not fit that role for paladins.

Regarding 1650 itself, yes, paladins already excel at combat, but these new limited use abilities can mitigate some existing weaknesses for paladins in combat. While everyday hunting may not be an issue, this is still something new to use and in unique situations (invasions, etc), there is definite potential. e.g. a horde of creatures in defensive stance and your attack strength isn't high enough, with Onslaught, you can cut through their defense and attack them all. Or if one particular creature is too tough, you now have a maneuver based attack, Smite, to disable or kill them.

GameMaster Estild
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

3. Default

Awesome work Estild!

Blog Entries

Oh look, Paladins basically have better version of berserk now.

Yea, that mstrike is super nice AND it punches through stance so it might be even better than berserk. Limitation on usage but realistically so does berserk. On paper is looks super good.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    Yea, that mstrike is super nice AND it punches through stance so it might be even better than berserk. Limitation on usage but realistically so does berserk. On paper is looks super good.
    It doesn't appear to have a target limit either, whereas berserk is capped by your MOC ranks.

Blog Entries

Yeah, well, my ranger can get -25% foraging and herb eating time with his 50th level spell. Who's OP now?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yeah, well, my ranger can get -25% foraging and herb eating time with his 50th level spell. Who's OP now?
    haha.

The way it reads now though, it just seems like warriors and being tossed out. Berserk was one of the things that really made me enjoy warriors over paladins, but eh... We'll just have to see this in action first I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    haha.

The way it reads now though, it just seems like warriors and being tossed out. Berserk was one of the things that really made me enjoy warriors over paladins, but eh... We'll just have to see this in action first I guess.
    cut a fart

Be interested to see the lore requirements for the different actions. May be a reason to shuffle around how we do lores.