Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Hey, that was one of the things I tried to get changed! Lol, a group of us actually resorted to trying to block people from using Larton, which resulted in a GM spawning critters, and even a meteor storm.

But honestly, the issue with locksmithing has more to do with a lack of players, than anything else. You can genuinely want a player to pick your boxes, but 9.5 times out of 10, there won't be one around. But hey, maybe they could have a drop off box at the east tower....now that would be cool!
    How exactly do you block someone from using the NPC locksmith unless you're attacking them?

The biggest problem with picking other than lack of players is Simu's refusal to address RT issues. Nobody has time for that bullshit when they can open 4832704 boxes in 30 seconds instead.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    How exactly do you block someone from using the NPC locksmith unless you're attacking them?
    If people were trying to block me from using the NPC locksmith in anyway, I'd just stop picking up boxes.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You errrr.....attack them....

Granted, there was verbal exchange first...

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    If people were trying to block me from using the NPC locksmith in anyway, I'd just stop picking up boxes.
    You don't have to put the box on the counter to use the NPC locksmith though, so it's not like they can take them. And unless they're casting Bind on you or something, how are they going to stop you from using an automated NPC that's immune to attacks?
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

You errrr.....attack them....

Granted, there was verbal exchange first...
    What were you guys doing, patrolling level 15s? Because good luck with that vs a capped character.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You don't have to put the box on the counter to use the NPC locksmith though, so it's not like they can take them. And unless they're casting Bind on you or something, how are they going to stop you from using an automated NPC that's immune to attacks?
    I know, but I mean using other means like RT locking and what not. No, wait, I'd still get boxes, and then post logs of me dumping them all down the well.

A capped character was easy enough to sweep/footstomp/all manner of things.

But for most people it was just RP and no violence. It was mainly the scripters we attacked. Which is ultimately what got us in trouble. But it was cool that the GM took over Larton and RPed with us.

But we really did try to get people to use players for locksmithing. We even tried to schedule people to be at the tower, but people would use Larton anyways.

Blog Entries

A capped character was easy enough to sweep/footstomp/all manner of things.

But for most people it was just RP and no violence. It was mainly the scripters we attacked. Which is ultimately what got us in trouble. But it was cool that the GM took over Larton and RPed with us.

But we really did try to get people to use players for locksmithing. We even tried to schedule people to be at the tower, but people would use Larton anyways.
    Yeah and that is where you went wrong. If people were fucking with me whether I was using a script or not, getting my boxes picked at Larton, because they wanted me to use them... I'd make it a point to NEVER use a player locksmith ever again.

Yeah and that is where you went wrong. If people were fucking with me whether I was using a script or not, getting my boxes picked at Larton, because they wanted me to use them... I'd make it a point to NEVER use a player locksmith ever again.
    "After I killed them all." You left out that very important part.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 11-09-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Well, what do you expect when you have a bunch of rogues get together trying to stir up trouble?! :P

Honestly, like I said - most people we didn't attack. We were just telling them that there was a locksmith at the east tower and that Larton was "closed."

But hey, there wasn't really any "good" solution to the issue, that a group of players could accomplish. That was our best shot, aside from trying to schedule pickers. So many people said they use Larton because there were no locksmiths around, but when there were locksmiths, they still used Larton.

Maybe Larton should have RT...that would be great, actually. Send the request to Simu immediately!
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-09-2018 at 11:00 AM.