Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Real time and cost of the new WPS system

This WPS system is so messed up I can't understand how it actually made it into the game. Didn't anyone look at the actual scaling and time frames involved? Like, how is this a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    This WPS system is so messed up I can't understand how it actually made it into the game. Didn't anyone look at the actual scaling and time frames involved? Like, how is this a thing.
    This seems to be the gaming model for games these days; put as much paid extras into games as possible. Sad thing is though the games are typically free to play otherwise, not requiring a 15 dollar base subscription besides. And no one better mention the F2P aspect of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This seems to be the gaming model for games these days; put as much paid extras into games as possible. Sad thing is though the games are typically free to play otherwise, not requiring a 15 dollar base subscription besides. And no one better mention the F2P aspect of this game.
    There's P2W, sure, and then there's this kind of absurdity. The type of scaling we're seeing here makes no sense at all. 17 years to get an MCW weapon now? WTF?

There's P2W, sure, and then there's this kind of absurdity. The type of scaling we're seeing here makes no sense at all. 17 years to get an MCW weapon now? WTF?
    It was never intended for someone to scale up their armor all the way. Gone are the days where stupidly "unbalanced" items are in the game unless you're willing to give Simu the $.

man I feel cheated, that was way to simple, cna you post in crypto currencies too?
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

I mean previously you basically could NEVER get weighting added to anything and gemstone has always been a game on a scale of years, not months. The WPS system is IMO better than fucking enchant making your item unusable for god damn 7 months still if you want to go 4-7x (speed enchants be damned, i can't fucking believe this facet of enchant was kept). In the simu world anything over somewhat WPS is considered high end these days, and anything over heavy is exceptional. You can get somewhat in 3 smithys without really breaking the bank on most items.

I do wish the smithy was more freely available outside of duskruin though. The system is entirely more reasonable with the smithy than hoping for the crapshoot of merchant spins.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    man I feel cheated, that was way to simple, cna you post in crypto currencies too?
    Yes, it goes like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV19nAuYC_4

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I mean previously you basically could NEVER get weighting added to anything and gemstone has always been a game on a scale of years, not months. The WPS system is IMO better than fucking enchant making your item unusable for god damn 7 months still if you want to go 4-7x (speed enchants be damned, i can't fucking believe this facet of enchant was kept). In the simu world anything over somewhat WPS is considered high end these days, and anything over heavy is exceptional. You can get somewhat in 3 smithys without really breaking the bank on most items.

I do wish the smithy was more freely available outside of duskruin though. The system is entirely more reasonable with the smithy than hoping for the crapshoot of merchant spins.
    Before, the chance of getting a nice or epic weapon was slim, but it was there. Now it's actually zero, that's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    What’s the chart start looking like if going 200 services at a time?
    That's when you have your attorney draft a letter to stillfront hq outlining terms of acquisition bid.

With the kind of cash floating around here it's perplexing that players have not yet formed a holding LLC just to buy gemstone and self-manage it.
    Last edited by dex; 12-24-2018 at 08:56 PM.