Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Election Prediction Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I don't understand the liberal logic that if Johnson wasn't in the race, ALL of these people would have voted for Hillary. Someone was saying that on MSNBC last night and it still makes zero sense.
    I'm pretty sure the majority of the people who went for Johnson would have gone for Trump over Hillary. Jill Stein swiped some votes from Hillary, but I think if anyone, Johnson took them from Trump.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-09-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I don't understand the liberal logic that if Johnson wasn't in the race, ALL of these people would have voted for Hillary. Someone was saying that on MSNBC last night and it still makes zero sense.
    Don't try to understand it, it isn't plausible. And since Jill Stein won fewer votes, I think the third party candidates were a statistically insignificant net loss for Trump.

The biggest take away and only real mandate in this election, (which I said before), is that Americans are tired of business as usual in Washington and want change. They want results. It's easy to forget that the Dems were only 3% points from having an outsider candidate as well. It will be interesting to see what the response is. The real difficulty is that a lot of people who want change aren't really sure what they want, they just know what they don't want, while an even bigger issue is that the ideals are piling up to the far right and the far left, with little viable middle ground. Guess we'll all see what happens.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm pretty sure the majority of the people who went for Johnson would have gone for Trump over Hillary. Jill Stein swiped some votes from Hillary, but I think if anyone, Johnson took them from Trump.
    Odds are those people would simply have elected to stay home.

There were enough Jill Stein votes, on the other hand, to stop Trump in WI and MI. Those people who threw their votes away on a candidate they KNEW couldn't be elected should be ashamed of themselves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post

There were enough Jill Stein votes, on the other hand, to stop Trump in WI and MI. Those people who threw their votes away on a candidate they KNEW couldn't be elected should be ashamed of themselves.
    What? No they shouldn't. They voted for the candidate THEY wanted. What kind of logic is that? That isn't democracy at all.

Yes, they should be ASHAMED of themselves because they didn't vote how YOU wanted.

hahaha yes thank you for your tears. In fact it is you who threw your vote away on someone who shouldn't ever be elected president. You lost. Get some.

Blog Entries

There it is.
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

What? No they shouldn't. They voted for the candidate THEY wanted. What kind of logic is that? That isn't democracy at all.

Yes, they should be ASHAMED of themselves because they didn't vote how YOU wanted.
    No. This is about electing a President. Show your support in pre-election polls, rally/post/protest for your candidate beforehand, but the second you are faced with a choice between the two candidates who CAN win and those that have no chance, you need to treat your decision as it actually is- Candidate 1 or Candidate 2. It's not the time to play make believe and pretend like your choices at that point are anything other than what they are. Your principles are not more important than the lived experiences of other people. This holds true for Johnson supporters and for Stein supporters.

In my lifetime, twice now a bunch of overly privileged progressives have handed the Country over to everything they hate just so they could "make a point". If you believe in your principles, then you do what it takes to make them happen. To be blunt, you're hurting third party candidates if you do otherwise. It'll be a long time before the Green party can show its face again- just like last time it helped get a Republican into office without winning the popular vote.

And we all saw how that ended.
    Last edited by time4fun; 11-09-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries

No. This is about electing a President. Show your support in pre-election polls, rally/post/protest for your candidate beforehand, but the second you are faced with a choice between the two candidates who CAN win and those that have no chance, you need to treat your decision as it actually is- Candidate 1 or Candidate 2. It's not the time to play make believe and pretend like your choices at that point are anything other than what they are. Your principles are not more important than the lived experiences of other people. This holds true for Johnson supporters and for Stein supporters.

In my lifetime, twice now a bunch of overly privileged progressives have handed the Country over to everything they hate just so they could "make a point". If you believe in your principles, then you do what it takes to make them happen. To be blunt, you're hurting third party candidates if you do otherwise. It'll be a long time before the Green party can show its face again- just like last time it helped get a Republican into office without winning the popular vote.

And we all saw how that ended.
    This election is about your freedom to vote for who you choose to vote for.

This election is about your freedom to vote for who you choose to vote for.
    It's about the decisions that are made in this country that affect hundreds of millions of people.

I have a lot more respect for the people who voted directly for Trump than the people who voted for Jill Stein. At least the Trump supporters were being true to their vision. Stein supporters did the exact opposite of that, and they did the Green party no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    It's easy to forget that the Dems were only 3% points from having an outsider candidate as well.
    If the Dems ran their primary system the same way as republicans, I'm fairly sure Bernie would have been in there and it would have been an entirely different presidential race all together. If the Dems wanted even a remote chance of retaining the white house, they should have read the writing on the wall and done away with their very undemocratic superdelegate system. That in and of itself almost ensures a typical Washington politician is going to get the nomination and they should have known that even most Democrats are tired of that.