Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The War on Breastfeeding

Blog Entries

We need a UN resolution that ensures everyone knows that oxygen is required for life.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Trump responded to my post..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I guess I just don't feel I'm in a position to judge women on how they choose to feed their babies and shaming women for choosing not to breastfeed feeds into the stigma for women who actually can't breastfeed their babies.
    We're not talking about abusing the child or not feeding the child at all here where I can for sure judge a woman.
    I wouldn't shame women for not breastfeeding when one of the (now numerous) reasons prevent them. However, should an able-bodied woman actively decide not to breastfeed, yes, I would shame a woman for reaching that decision.

I understand where you're coming from with your post, and you're right, a lot of those factors are nuanced and not readily accessible without further discussion/knowledge of the person. I'd wouldn't go around to shame a random woman formula feeding. However, if it were an extended family member, or maybe facebook high school 'friend' deciding not to breastfeed when there's nothing preventing her, I'd comment... or like a comment.

When we take into account all of the positive health implications as identified in page 1 of this thread. While it's not malnourishment or abuse, I think we can all agree that it's not in the infant's best interests. If someone is able to provide something better and cheaper for an infant's health, and chooses not to, at the detriment of their child, I absolutely think that it's shame-worthy.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Trump responded to my post..

Makes sense to me. Another fake news story. Surprisingly this one hasn't gotten much traction that I've noticed...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I wouldn't shame women for not breastfeeding when one of the (now numerous) reasons prevent them. However, should an able-bodied woman actively decide not to breastfeed, yes, I would shame a woman for reaching that decision.
    Even if she's too stressed, tired, emotionally unable to? Why would you shame a woman for choosing to feed her baby in a way you don't agree with?

Blog Entries

I personally don't care how someone raises their child. Breastfeed, don't breastfeed, not my business. If it were my own child, I'd want it to be breastfed if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I personally don't care how someone raises their child. Breastfeed, don't breastfeed, not my business. If it were my own child, I'd want it to be breastfed if at all possible.
    Don't lie, you'd be feeding your new born BBQ brisket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Don't lie, you'd be feeding your new born BBQ brisket.
    That is supplemental.

We should buy the UN and Un-Nazi the world.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    We should buy the UN and Un-Nazi the world.
    Don't we already pay for most of the UN's operating costs?