Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Michigan DA politicizing school shooting tragedy by charging parents

The school counselor was a subject matter expert in counseling students, not divining the parents armed the little terrorist, not invoking x-ray vision to figure out kid brought the negligently unsecured weapon to school. You want to know who the experts were for that kid? The ones who raised him, who spent every day with the kid. They should have known what was going on, they should have warned the school he had access to a gun.

You keep saying the school should have culpability. For what? Not forcing the parents to take a kid they refused to bring home? For not taking the kid to another classroom, where he would have just started shooting anyways? No, the parents refused to take responsibility for their child and the school had /no/ means of forcing the minor off campus if there was no legal guardian to take custody.

School officials aren't omniscient. Nor are they free to violate the civil rights of kids whom they have no just reason to illegally search or detain. The parents did, could have, but didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The school counselor was a subject matter expert in counseling students, not divining the parents armed the little terrorist, not invoking x-ray vision to figure out kid brought the negligently unsecured weapon to school.
    See what I mean? The trained expert said the child wasn't a danger to himself or anyone else but somehow this trained expert gets a pass but the parents were supposed to use THEIR x-ray vision to know their son brought the gun to school.

Also you're beyond fucking retarded if you think trained experts only ascertain if someone is a danger to themselves or others if they have access to a firearm. There are many ways for someone to hurt themselves or others. A trained expert isn't gonna say "Yup! This teenager is perfectly safe! Well as long as they don't have access to a firearm! LOL! I'm a big fucking moron just like Seran!!!"

And also you're beyond beyond fucking retarded if you think this counselor wasn't trained in determining whether or not a student is a danger to themselves or others, that's why they said he wasn't a danger to anyone and why they told the parents the student needed counseling. Remember that's what you're basing your dumb ass shit on? If you're now suggesting the counselor ISN'T qualified to be making these determinations then it should piss you off even more that a school has a non-qualified person dealing with these sorts of issues.

Really you just painted yourself into a corner because you don't even think for 2 seconds before you spew dumb shit all over the internet.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-19-2021 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I don't like murderers? From my original message I would bet that the problem lies with the parenting. I feel like the kid probably had tried to reach out for help but the parents waved it off, I don't have proof it's just a hunch. Time will tell when the prosecution goes through discovery.

I really only think it's a waste in the sense of money the state will have to spend to incarcerate him. He murdered 4 people, 4 people who will never grow up and live their lives. He forfeited his own when he ended theirs unjustly.
    Not many people do. But your comments seem to indicate a lot more than just disliking them. You seem to be treating this as if the kid is a cold blooded murderer and not what he was, a kid who didn't get the help he needed in time to prevent a tragedy from occurring. And if you really don't like this sort of thing happening, you should direct your time and energy towards things that will actually address the problem.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    Not many people do. But your comments seem to indicate a lot more than just disliking them. You seem to be treating this as if the kid is a cold blooded murderer and not what he was, a kid who didn't get the help he needed in time to prevent a tragedy from occurring. And if you really don't like this sort of thing happening, you should direct your time and energy towards things that will actually address the problem.
    Me spending less than 5 minutes saying a quick thought on an ancient forum isn't going to be better spent directed elsewhere in regards to the problem. I do think mental health is a huge problem in the world today and we need to focus more time and energy on it. For this case I think everyone failed him but at the end of the day he did murder 4 people. He shouldn't be released from prison or a mental health facility. Even if they put him on meds if released we can't be guaranteed he takes them and we have seen what can happen if he is off his meds. I think the school failed those kids the hardest though, I've said my hunch about the parents. That kid should not have been allowed to return to class until he got at least the mandated counseling, period.
    Last edited by drauz; 12-19-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    What an assanine remark. The kid was a cold blooded murder, as proven by his premeditation. The biggest failure was the parents arming him. I highly doubt we'd have had many serious injuries, much less deaths if the kid only had access to kitchen knives. Equipping your emo kids with firearms they have unfettered access to should be the next NRA educational campaign.

Guns are great, both for hunting and for self protection. We don't need firearm control as much as we need better parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    A trained expert isn't gonna say "Yup! This teenager is perfectly safe! Well as long as they don't have access to a firearm! LOL! I'm a big fucking moron just like Seran!!!"
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

You had to be blind to not see the red flags.

Also, the parents asking for their bail to be lowered is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    Meanwhile, the parents were focusing on their own issues, things like extramarital affairs, financial issues and substance abuse.
    When did Democrats become the Puritan party?

I mean bring on all of the evidence you have but what does the mother supposedly having an extramarital affair have to do with anything at all other than to make some sort of moral statement? And the parents were focused on their financial issues? You mean like almost every single American in the poor and middle class? What monsters!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    When did Democrats become the Puritan party?

I mean bring on all of the evidence you have but what does the mother supposedly having an extramarital affair have to do with anything at all other than to make some sort of moral statement? And the parents were focused on their financial issues? You mean like almost every single American in the poor and middle class? What monsters!
    oh no.

anyway
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription