Page 55 of 91 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Election Prediction Thread

As an American who voted for Clinton I am not terribly worried about a Trump presidency.

Here is why:

I'm white.

I survived the Bush years. Almost everything Bush did in his 8 years I was totally against. Almost everything. Mainly it was the wars. I liked his immigration and immigrant policies. There was the dismantling of the budget surplus, housing bubble, and the market crash because of the policies from that era and it hurt me yet I'm still economically viable despite it.

I suspect that, with Obama and every president who promises things to get into office, there is a reality that they all must face. Things we the public cannot see. The briefings that Trump is getting right now are going to sober him up to the reality of the office of the POTUS' real responsibility and reach of power. Even with a Republican controlled Congress and Executive branch our political system has balanced power between the three branches that includes the minority party to even then have a say.

Four years is not a long time. I suspect we will be better for all of this in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm white.
    O RLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    O RLY?
    Methais wins the Internet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    If the Dems ran their primary system the same way as republicans, I'm fairly sure Bernie would have been in there and it would have been an entirely different presidential race all together. If the Dems wanted even a remote chance of retaining the white house, they should have read the writing on the wall and done away with their very undemocratic superdelegate system. That in and of itself almost ensures a typical Washington politician is going to get the nomination and they should have known that even most Democrats are tired of that.
    Face it, the Democrats ignorantly spent the last 8 years attacking their base. It should in no way be shocking that they lost Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Democrats committed suicide and they are still holding the gun against their head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Yeah and people actually have the gall to say they are "taking our jobs". Not a fan of min. wage, but I am a fan of honest wages for honest work - that needs to get addressed.
    They would just make them contract employees. That is how some companies get around the min. wage limit. They would still make the same they are now even if they did enforce the laws.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Actually not that hard if they use a legal means to do so such as Western Union, make them have some sort of ID to prove they are here legally and to send money and if you are sending it to Mexico, Central or South America, then charge a fee to do so. Pretty simple actually. The one thing it cannot capture is when they use the means that is more common in the Middle East where they give money to someone here in the US and someone there gives money to the person it is being sent to.
    And a legal person would just do it for them at half the cost. Look at that, you're already creating jobs.

As an American who voted for Clinton I am not terribly worried about a Trump presidency.

Here is why:

I'm white.

I survived the Bush years. Almost everything Bush did in his 8 years I was totally against. Almost everything. Mainly it was the wars. I liked his immigration and immigrant policies. There was the dismantling of the budget surplus, housing bubble, and the market crash because of the policies from that era and it hurt me yet I'm still economically viable despite it.

I suspect that, with Obama and every president who promises things to get into office, there is a reality that they all must face. Things we the public cannot see. The briefings that Trump is getting right now are going to sober him up to the reality of the office of the POTUS' real responsibility and reach of power. Even with a Republican controlled Congress and Executive branch our political system has balanced power between the three branches that includes the minority party to even then have a say.

Four years is not a long time. I suspect we will be better for all of this in 2020.
    Lucky.

I have a brother who has lived here most of his life. He's here illegally from the Philippines, and today I sat around and wondered how many more times I'm going to get to see him. If Trump does what he promised- will my brother be forced to leave? He barely knows the Philippines- this is his home. Where would he even go? He barely knows the family over there. And I know some of you here can't wait for my brother to leave because you feel like he's taking something from you, and he deserves it. And some of you will just find this so hilarious. But he's my brother. And I love him. And now I find myself wondering if in two years, he'll be at Christmas with us.

A colleague of mine showed up to work on the edge of tears today. Mike Pence is already talking about the LGBTQ rights he's looking forward to dismantling, and he's one of the most anti-gay elected officials in the country. He's responsible for one of the freedom to discrimination/freedom of religion bills. Her sister called her up sobbing, terrified of what this is going to mean for her. I broke down too- what does this mean for my other brother who happens to be gay? What about all of my friends?

I get how this is some major political victory for some people here. And how it's just hysterically funny to others. And I get how some of you just feel like this is no big deal- because for you it may not be.

But for some of us- this is beyond terrifying. I'm so scared for my family that I'm literally sick to my stomach.
    Last edited by time4fun; 11-09-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Lucky.
    White privilege strikes again!

I have a brother who has lived here most of his life. He's here illegally from the Philippines, and today I sat around and wondered how many more times I'm going to get to see him. If Trump does what he promised- will my brother be forced to leave? He barely knows the Philippines- this is his home. Where would he even go? He barely knows the family over there. And I know some of you here can't wait for my brother to leave because you feel like he's taking something from you, and he deserves it. And some of you will just find this so hilarious. But he's my brother. And I love him. And now I find myself wondering if in two years, he'll be at Christmas with us.
    I always wonder about stories like this; he's lived here most of his life? Why hasn't he tried to gain legal residence/citizenship during all that time? Or is it just easier to claim to be a victim your whole life?

A colleague of mine showed up to work on the edge of tears today. Mike Pence is already talking about the LGBTQ rights he's looking forward to dismantling, and he's one of the most anti-gay elected officials in the country. He's responsible for one of the freedom to discrimination/freedom of religion bills. Her sister called her up in tears, terrified of what this is going to mean for her. I broke down too- what does this mean for my other brother who happens to be gay? What about all of my friends?
    The vice president has like the least amount of power in the whole country. I probably wield more power than Mike Pence. Your friends and family really need to get a grip.

But for some of us- this is beyond terrifying. I'm so scared for my family that I'm literally sick to my stomach.
    Well yeah, we literally elected Hitler and you're the wrong race/religion/<insert whatever victim status you claim to be here>

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The vice president has like the least amount of power in the whole country. I probably wield more power than Mike Pence. Your friends and family really need to get a grip.
    Nothing to say for or against the other parts of what you said, but there's a very real threat that the vice president can and will wield power. With Trump, that makes 45 US presidents. 8 of them have died in office. 4 of natural causes. 4 of assassination. For the mathematically disinclined, 8/45 makes 17.7%. For as polarizing a figure to be in the front as Donald Trump is, and being an* old dude, as most presidents are, there's a very real chance that Pence does take the reigns at some point. Not a huge chance, but enough that someone worried about Pence's stance on things can legitimately worry about him.

* - Corrected spelling error.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-09-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Lucky.

A colleague of mine showed up to work on the edge of tears today. Mike Pence is already talking about the LGBTQ rights he's looking forward to dismantling, and he's one of the most anti-gay elected officials in the country. He's responsible for one of the freedom to discrimination/freedom of religion bills. Her sister called her up sobbing, terrified of what this is going to mean for her. I broke down too- what does this mean for my other brother who happens to be gay? What about all of my friends?

I get how this is some major political victory for some people here. And how it's just hysterically funny to others. And I get how some of you just feel like this is no big deal- because for you it may not be.

You sound like a real piece of shit sister to be honest. He's lived here his whole life illegally and you've just shrugged your shoulders and said "Ain't my problem".

If you are as rich as you claim and as well connected, it would literally take almost no effort on your selfish part to get him legalized.

I hope he's deported... because it would be your fault.

And you actually crying today over a political election literally made my day.

Thank you.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.