Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Trump Say It or Not?

After my post, Graham felt compelled to respond..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    There's nothing wrong with reporting what the president does. I just don't see the point in the did he/didn't he speculation. What difference does it make if he called those countries shitholes, or just something really similar to shitholes?
    He's the President. Everything he says or does on Twitter or at policy meetings behind closed doors has real-world impact.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

There's nothing wrong with reporting what the president does. I just don't see the point in the did he/didn't he speculation. What difference does it make if he called those countries shitholes, or just something really similar to shitholes?
    Because he's the POTUS and should be held to a high standard instead of denigrating the office on a daily basis. He should be upholding American values not trampling them into the ground. Like Taernath said we can't allow this behavior to become normalized.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    After my post, Graham felt compelled to respond..

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    He's the President. Everything he says or does on Twitter or at policy meetings behind closed doors has real-world impact.
    Especially when he goes on to lie about what he said and attack the media over "fake news".

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Especially when he goes on to lie about what he said and attack the media over "fake news".
    you lost get over it

Especially considering the fact that those countries are actual shitholes.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I think it matters to:

a) those countries
    b) immigrants from those countries (300,000 Haitian immigrants who are now American citizens in FL, for example - stat I saw on Twitter, so would not be surprised if number is incorrect)
    c) everyone interested in immigration policy, because they now know the President's supposed policy preference about wanting "merit-based" immigration is a fiction. He wants people "from Norway".

I agree what he specifically said doesn't matter in terms of the exact word. The import of his statements is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Especially considering the fact that those countries are actual shitholes.
    Should read up on how Haiti became impoverished. Involves the US government stealing all their gold with military force on behalf of private banks to pay off debt that they had to those banks back in 1914. Haiti ran up the debt because France demanded payment to compensate French landowners who lost their land in the Haitian revolution, otherwise France and most other Western nations (including the US) refused to trade with them.

Haiti should've been a very wealthy country. Had tons of natural resources.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    He wants people "from Norway".
    He wants white people.