Page 78 of 291 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Women's studies or something?
    Feminist Studies. Technically the MA is in a related field with a concentration in Gender as Stanford has no MA program for Feminist Studies. (Or, at least, didn't when I was there)

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Feminist Studies. Technically the MA is in a related field with a concentration in Gender as Stanford has no MA program for Feminist Studies. (Or, at least, didn't when I was there)
    Did you go to Stanford? My niece is there on a full ride for soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Did you go to Stanford? My niece is there on a full ride for soccer.
    Wow that's amazing. Congratulations to her- that's no small thing. Does she like it?

And yes, I was there for undergrad and grad. I ended up owing $60k when I left, and like two years later they made it free for people in my income bracket.

So there's a little bit of a love/hate/despise relationship going on there

Wow that's amazing. Congratulations to her- that's no small thing. Does she like it?

And yes, I was there for undergrad and grad. I ended up owing $60k when I left, and like two years later they made it free for people in my income bracket.

Ya, she loves it. Won the NCAA last year and graduates this spring. We have family in Pleasanton too who's been able to see her games. All in all its been a great place for her.

P.S.: the titles of the majors there are weird af. I have no idea what she even studies.

Went to college for a semester, became incredibly bored and got absolutely bombed and hung out in the art (mostly ceramics) classrooms. Still managed to make some credits though. Funnily enough.

Ya, she loves it. Won the NCAA last year and graduates this spring. We have family in Pleasanton too who's been able to see her games. All in all its been a great place for her.
    I'm so glad! The athletes I met there were pretty amazing people. There's always that stereotype of the dumb athlete who got into a great school "just" because they were sporty, but the athletes were really impressive people (most of them were also really smart on top of it- one of my friends got in on academics and then walked onto the Football team Freshman year). There were so many people who were training for the Olympics or preparing for national leagues that it felt really mundane at the time, but in retrospect it was really crazy.

Your niece must be an extraordinary young woman- I'm sure you all are really proud.

I'm so glad! The athletes I met there were pretty amazing people. There's always that stereotype of the dumb athlete who got into a great school "just" because they were sporty, but the athletes were really impressive people (most of them were also really smart on top of it- one of my friends got in on academics and then walked onto the Football team Freshman year). There were so many people who were training for the Olympics or preparing for national leagues that it felt really mundane at the time, but in retrospect it was really crazy.

Your niece must be an extraordinary young woman- I'm sure you all are really proud.
    Really proud! Thank you

P.S.: the titles of the majors there are weird af. I have no idea what she even studies.
    LOL

What year is she? If freshman, I'm going to guess Hum Bio

10. Default

Stanford was the one school I applied to that turned me down. I didn't even make the wait list. They were "unable to offer you admission", like it was their fault. So uhmm...yeah...it was their fault (somehow).
    Last edited by Candor; 09-21-2018 at 07:27 AM.