Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best time for Using a Fixstat

Default Best time for Using a Fixstat

I'm about to turn 90 and am currently specced for most TPs as opposed to perfect stats. This was a conscious decision early on and now I'm wondering when the best time to fixstat would be so looking for feedback. I'd balance out some lower end stats while dropping a couple of points out of my primaries, which won't really be a big deal. Questions:

1. When's the best time? Should I wait until cap or is now a good time?
    2. What happens to my used TPs? I'm concerned that I'll have a TP deficit when I fixstat and I'm unsure how this effects my existing training.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I'm about to turn 90 and am currently specced for most TPs as opposed to perfect stats. This was a conscious decision early on and now I'm wondering when the best time to fixstat would be so looking for feedback. I'd balance out some lower end stats while dropping a couple of points out of my primaries, which won't really be a big deal. Questions:

1. When's the best time? Should I wait until cap or is now a good time?
    2. What happens to my used TPs? I'm concerned that I'll have a TP deficit when I fixstat and I'm unsure how this effects my existing training.
    You will always lose TP when fixstating. I lost about 400tp. Either earn extra beforehand, or be prepared to rank a skill or three.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Wait until post cap, and your new stats allow your comfortable training plan acceptability. Once you fixstat, you're going to lose enough tps to feel "gimped" compared to before the fixstat, unless you make sure you can afford the things you need to survive.
    You would lose skill ranks if your new tps dont equal your old spent point value.
    Remove all your skills before fixstat, its a free fixskill. Dont forget cman,armor,shield points
    Last edited by n0551n3n0m1n3; 11-24-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

What I did was cap, polish off a very few necessities in skills, then just stockpiled 250 TP (wasn't enough) before I fixstates. If I did it again I would have put them in a skill I was ready to tank and when the time is right. But pre-cap those losT TP will have more effect on your current build, since you can't "finish" skills before cap.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Interesting, thanks folks. That's basically what I figured. I forgot it comes with a fixskill, so I'll need to prepare for this then. Still have a couple months anyway to make it through the final trains, at least now I understand what to expect.

I'm coming up on cap and fixstat time myself. Can someone lay out the actual mechanics of how you use the fixstat, like what order you do shit in to not fuck it up?

ie

1)Drink magic potion
    2)...

Untrain all cman, shield, armor, and skill points.
    May be others but i think thats all.
    Once all relevent skills/points are set to 0, you use the fixstat(never done.it, but i know the mechanics).
    Pretty sure you then check in at the inn, and you should see reassign stats(1 use) or something.

Set your stats as you would at level 0.
    Then it will send you to skill selection which i would skip(goals is better imo but some like the old school trainer).
    Then.use goals(if skipped last step).
    Then train what you want to keep, you cannot change once saved.
    Then train cman,armor,shield, etc
    Last edited by n0551n3n0m1n3; 11-24-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

Thank you! Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by n0551n3n0m1n3 View Post
    Then it will send you to skill selection which i would skip(goals is better imo but some like the old school trainer).
    Are there shortcuts, i.e. shift+click adds 100 ranks, in the browser trainer? If not, a capped or near-cap player would be faced with thousands of clicks to fill out their training and the inn would be a far better option.

There is not, and that is a very valid point. I forgot about the 10,000 clicks for capped
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.