Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I pay to interact with GMs and NPCs!

Says people playing a game where you rely on others to heal you, raise you, pick your boxes, enchant your gear, and buy stuff from.

The town cleric and town locksmith are relatively new characters too, but maybe that’s why they were created in the first place: people hated the idea of playing a multiplayer game where they had to interact with other people.
    Character tips still affect me.

set 1pmode on

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    I'm both excited and terrified for whenever we move past this whole pickpocketing thing that everyone on both sides is up in arms about even though Naijin shared numbers showing that it basically never happens anyway.

Then we can get to a topic I might actually care about and start debating which of the following should be blockable:

• Water cannons
    • Pillows
    • Shock rods
    • Hand buzzers
    • Popcorn
    • Eggs
    • Animalistic Spirit weapons (can shoot spirits at people)
    • Those scripted sandals you can slap people with
    • Caligos Isle jewelry (can shoot spirits at people)
    • Fighting Knives
    • Buccaneer Skirts (can point daggers in people's faces)
    • Healing (I know demeanor works, but the debate would be whether cold demeanor should be required instead of a flag)
    • Outside spells (including the cleric suite)
    • Armor adjustment (even on unadjusted armor)
    • Ritual Knives (I know the person has to approve, but why risk allowing a misclick in Wrayth?)
    • Leeches
    • Sorcerer roses

And probably a bunch of other things I'm forgetting. I'll be on the "don't block anything" side, but if the other side wins out, well... cool, guess it's time to stop RPing (because at that point it would be clear that I have zero understanding of what people find unacceptable anymore) and just hunt all day? That would be fine by me, but an extremely weird change of direction for the game as I interpret it.
    In H2Us world there is no character interaction. You’ll only interact with SkyNet.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    In H2Us world there is no character interaction. You’ll only interact with SkyNet.
    H2U's position are often Disingenuous and represent an attempt to win an argument more than a logical point of view on the argument. He doesn't want to be lonely at sancted nodes and he does interact with the world and other players frequently therefore that position, while one he is using here because he thinks it is effective...is ultimately not one based on observed behavior or his own statements.

A better way to phrase his position is "I don't want anyone or anything to do things I don't like, I am not paying to have bad things ever happen to me."

I believe DEMEANOR already affects this? As Gelston says, this is already fully supported by existing mechanics.
    The fact he can't see the similarities between DEMEANOR and DEPOSIT and CLOSE in this instance shows a myopic viewpoint or more likely an attempt to deflect from the logical consequences of his position.

The attempt to frame this as about Choice is similarly flawed as this proposal obviously is taking away a Choice from some and giving it to others, a redistribution of choice if you will....which is fine and god knows PP of all mechanics isn't going to get a ton of people speaking up for it....but the overall goal of the HoA, based on months of HoA Brigades on Discord does appear to be "We don't want anyone or anything to do things we don't like. We are not paying to have bad things ever happen to us" so one wonders which choice they will chose to attempt to redistribute next.
    Last edited by Dendum; 07-02-2022 at 09:34 AM.

4. Default

My parents were murdered in a mugging. A flag may have saved their life. I support the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by elanthian_batman View Post
    My parents were murdered in a mugging. A flag may have saved their life. I support the flag.
    Oh, snap! We're in the presence of Bruce Wayne!

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post
    H2U's position are often Disingenuous and represent an attempt to win an argument more than a logical point of view on the argument. He doesn't want to be lonely at sancted nodes and he does interact with the world and other players frequently therefore that position, while one he is using here because he thinks it is effective...is ultimately not one based on observed behavior or his own statements.

A better way to phrase his position is "I don't want anyone or anything to do things I don't like, I am not paying to have bad things ever happen to me."

The fact he can't see the similarities between DEMEANOR and DEPOSIT and CLOSE in this instance shows a myopic viewpoint or more likely an attempt to deflect from the logical consequences of his position.

The attempt to frame this as about Choice is similarly flawed as this proposal obviously is taking away a Choice from some and giving it to others, a redistribution of choice if you will....which is fine and god knows PP of all mechanics isn't going to get a ton of people speaking up for it....but the overall goal of the HoA, based on months of HoA Brigades on Discord does appear to be "We don't want anyone or anything to do things we don't like. We are not paying to have bad things ever happen to us" so one wonders which choice they will chose to attempt to redistribute next.

I know what I say on this won’t change the way you think and I’m not in any position to be a spokesman for HoA but HoA is just a group of friends just playing together and enjoying the game. People have their own view on things and no one is forced into any line of thinking. Anyone’s view is their own view and we all have different perspectives and things we are passionate about. We don’t always agree either. But ultimately no one is forced to agree and there is definitely no coordination on any agendas going on like you think you believe. PP is just a topic most of the GS population agrees on.

When I refer to it as a useless skill it’s because of it’s lack of use overall. Even though I don’t PP I don’t disagree with it’s existence. I just continue to believe it would be much better with the opt in system and it might even become more useful again and less controversial. It could even lead to sancs being removed and a whole lot of other cool things.

This flag gives the opportunity for people that use PP to push for sanc removals and less harsh punishments from the justice system. And I’m sure some other improvements since it’s being looked at now.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    I know what I say on this won’t change the way you think and I’m not in any position to be a spokesman for HoA but HoA is just a group of friends just playing together and enjoying the game. People have their own view on things and no one is forced into any line of thinking. Anyone’s view is their own view and we all have different perspectives and things we are passionate about. We don’t always agree either. But ultimately no one is forced to agree and there is definitely no coordination on any agendas going on like you think you believe. PP is just a topic most of the GS population agrees on.

When I refer to it as a useless skill it’s because of it’s lack of use overall. Even though I don’t PP I don’t disagree with it’s existence. I just continue to believe it would be much better with the opt in system and it might even become more useful again and less controversial. It could even lead to sancs being removed and a whole lot of other cool things.
    I am not the only one who has noticed the HoA's Brigade like behavior on Discord.

I don't know if this behavior was planned or just an odd side effect of your private discord but it is spammy and annoying...and pretends to represent a majority opinion when it really is the same people coming in and doing the same behavior every time. I do not have a problem with any of the individual members, heck I even like H2U's stupid ass shenanigans, but as a collective brigade on discord...you are annoying.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post

While I appreciate your pithy synopsis of my lengthy commentary, this is - in fact - not what my position is. I'm paying to play against NPCs, be they scripted foes or GM staff. And I'm paying to interact with other paying customers in a manner that I choose. I am not avoiding bad things happening to me; I'm avoid toxic personalities infringing on my good time. You certainly don't have to agree with me or even understand my reasoning, but please don't misrepresent my position. Thanks!

I don’t know much about the event in your post, but I can definitely say there was no coordination or agenda over anything going on in discord.
    Last edited by Neovik1; 07-02-2022 at 11:11 AM.