Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Enchant update, update

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    If I was Naos I’d just erase 925 - ya’ll are a bunch of whiny bishes about this.
    That would be pretty cool imo. Then maybe they’ll work on spells we’ve been waiting 20+ years to stop being useless.

I’ve been saying for years to get rid of it and replace it with something cool.

But the current dev crew is all about tedium and making shit boring af and won’t stop nerfing everything, so we’ll have to wait until they all die off sometime during GS6.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-18-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    That would be pretty cool imo. Then maybe they’ll work on spells we’ve been waiting 20+ years to stop being useless.

I’ve been saying for years to get rid of it and replace it with something cool.

But the current dev crew is all about tedium and making shit boring af and won’t stop nerfing everything, so we’ll have to wait until they all die off sometime during GS6.
    Let’s be realistic. It will still be gs4 and savants would still not be out yet their full spell circle would be done and farmed out for self knowledge items.

And we’d have 100 new currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The player base is stupid enough to eat it all up too.

Why are GS players so fucking dumb?
    Well, we are all paying cash money for a MUD every month...

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Well, we are all paying cash money for a MUD every month...
    This stuff was cutting edge 25 years ago!
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

It seems they've fixed essence by adding in the kill credit.

Hopefully they fix the difficulty issues, that's really the only thing I have an issue with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    Hopefully they fix the difficulty issues, that's really the only thing I have an issue with now.

Level 69 mage, 70 EL:W and 72 EL:A, I capped my weekly essence in about 9-10 hours. Granted he's up hunting by 5 levels. He's on a +36 enchant right now.
    After a hunt, this mage gets "You feel a soft pulse in the essence around you." 14 pulses after he's finished a hunt. He's got a lot of essence carrying over for many pulses.

Level 96 mage, 0 EL:W/A/F lore and he only gets the "You feel a soft pulse in the essence around you." on a pulse while he's out hunting and has killed something by the time next pulse hits, nothing carries over.
    I've had him out hunting for an hour since the change and he hasn't budged from +26 and he's not maxed out on his weekly cap.

I may need to bite the bullet and actually pick up some EL:W and A on my near capped mage.....guess it just doesn't make sense to focus heavy on any one single lore now that the whole EL thing has gone full circle from making wizards decide what kind of mage they want to be by having some kind of choice based on your lore choices to making us all the same, just like before ELR.

It seems we're all supposed to train 40/40/40/40 and then pick one or two other lores to finish off the last 42 ranks.

Guess I'll dink around with the numbers and see how I want to change. Right now without looking I'm thinking 35 air, 25 water, 100 earth....though I know 100 earth leaves me 15 ranks shy of getting 550 3x a day.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Level 69 mage, 70 EL:W and 72 EL:A, I capped my weekly essence in about 9-10 hours. Granted he's up hunting by 5 levels. He's on a +36 enchant right now.
    After a hunt, this mage gets "You feel a soft pulse in the essence around you." 14 pulses after he's finished a hunt. He's got a lot of essence carrying over for many pulses.
    I don't think that's what that message means. I think it's just to let you know that a mana pulse happened. My essence has been capped since Wednesday and I've been getting that message every mana pulse since they put that message in the other day.

You feel a soft pulse in the essence around you.
    >
    The smiling hostess leads a young couple to a quiet (and very secluded) table in a darkened corner of the room.
    >
    A gnome busboy clatters past you with a tray of dirty dishes.
    >
    Xanthium just arrived.
    >
    Zrick just arrived.
    >
    Xanthium just went south.
    >
    Zrick just left.
    >
    >
    You feel the extra courage wane.
    >sense
    You study your surroundings and use your keen knowledge of the arcane. It quickly becomes evident that this room is not a magical workshop.

The rapid accumulation of static essence has left you feeling overwhelmed and temporarily unable to absorb any new essence.
    You sense that you have accumulated enough essence to complete a +31 enchantment.

Last edited by Methais; 05-20-2019 at 12:25 PM.

I don't think that's what that message means. I think it's just to let you know that a mana pulse happened. My essence has been capped since Wednesday and I've been getting that message every mana pulse since they put that message in the other day.

Odd. It eventually stops for my mage that's capped. He'll see it upwards of 15 times after he's stopped hunting, even when a mana pulse happens.

My near capped mage only sees that message if he's killed something that can contribute to his essence gathering. If he stands around doing nothing and just getting a normal mana pulse, he doesn't get that message.

Perhaps you're broken.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Perhaps you're broken.