Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefront II

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The 3 episodes of the single player I've done so far are fucking excellent though. I wouldn't say buy it just for that, not at release prices, but maybe next year when it goes down or is on sale.
    It will probably be in the EA Vault within 6 months, which seems to be the case with all their new releases. No real reason to buy individual EA games anymore.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

The 3 episodes of the single player I've done so far are fucking excellent though. I wouldn't say buy it just for that, not at release prices, but maybe next year when it goes down or is on sale.
    So for my kids who are 12 and 9 and only play the single player version of things (they don't do any online multiplayer stuff yet), I should wait and buy it when price goes down a bit next year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    So for my kids who are 12 and 9 and only play the single player version of things (they don't do any online multiplayer stuff yet), I should wait and buy it when price goes down a bit next year?
    Yeah, I'd say so. The story is only about 5 or 6 hours from what I've read. There is single player "arcade" which is basically you vs bots, but yeah. Don't pay full price if all you want is single player.

So, for the credit cap? That is only for single player activities. I've started playing MP and I'm gaining more now. Looks like you can gain about 3-4k an hour, or at least, I am. It may also be because I still have the easy achieves unlocking that grant credits.

So, apparently there is a credit cap. I'm getting messages "More credits can be earned in 14h." :/
    Translation: Go outside and do something with your life for the next 14 hours before coming back to this mindless drudgery.

5. Default

Closing in on 500k downvotes.

Blog Entries

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/ba...=1510617920510

I CAN AFFORD SOME CHARACTER LOCKS ALREADY NOW YEA.

That is actually pretty great. You can probably unlock all of them in a weekend at those rates.

Blog Entries

never liked the whole unlocking characters thing in a game you paid for.

Last edited by drauz; 11-13-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Blog Entries

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/ba...=1510617920510

I CAN AFFORD SOME CHARACTER LOCKS ALREADY NOW YEA.

That is actually pretty great. You can probably unlock all of them in a weekend at those rates.
    They've also reduced credit earning for the campaign.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer
    Due to last-second changes to Star Wars Battlefront II's hero costs, I decided to hold my review, and won't post it until I have firm grasp on the new flow of the game. Electronic Arts clearly heard the uproar from the gaming community about the inflated costs of heroes, and slashed their prices by 75 percent. This is not a small tweak. It completely changes my take on the game – moving from an evil time sink to potentially reasonable. I need to dive back into all of the modes to see if any other changes were made.

For instance, during my review, completing the campaign earned players a unique loot crate that contained 20,000 credits. That reward is now 5,000 credits. A big change. What else is different? I need to find out. One thing I hope EA is addressing is Arcade rewards; after completing five challenges, I was alerted that I could no longer earn credits in this mode and that more would be available in 14 hours.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-13-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

So, I unlocked Darth Vader.

Blog Entries

Haha, EA would fucking love to be able to have Simu's pricing structure.