Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    THAT'S your idea of "slipping toward authoritarianism"?
    Trying to de-legitimize an election result before it happens? Sounds like someone isn't going to leave the White House quietly.

So just vague generalities then?
    I would refer you to the impeachment proceedings for details. Wait, that was a hoax right?

I mean when he consistently tell us not to believe what we see with our own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUSE View Post
    Trying to de-legitimize an election result before it happens?
    No I don't consider the president having an opinion on a topic is "slipping toward authoritarianism."

I remember vividly talks from Democrats in 2008 saying Bush would refuse to leave the White House if Obama won and again in 2016 when Democrats were bitching that Trump wouldn't accept the outcome of the election.

But Trump saying he thinks there is too much fraud with mail in voting is bringing us one step closer to authoritarianism. I sure hope you sleep with a night light to protect you from all of the Communists who live under your bed.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-01-2020 at 08:48 PM.

No I don't consider the president having an opinion on a topic is "slipping toward authoritarianism."

I remember vividly talks from Democrats in 2008 saying Bush would refuse to leave the White House if Obama won and again in 2016 when Democrats were bitching that Trump wouldn't accept the outcome of the electi
    But Trump saying he thinks there is too much fraud with mail in voting is bringing us one step closer to authoritarianism. I sure hope you sleep with a night light to protect you from all of the Communists who live under your bed.
    I never for one second thought Bush would not leave the White House. I do think it's 100% in the realm of possibility that 45 wouldn't leave while he dragged the election results through every court he could while the nation pays the price.

Sorry, I can't take 45 telling me mail in ballots are a significant source of voter fraud when there is no evidence of it. What it does do is insure Americans are able to exercise their right as a citizen. If too many people voting is a problem for republicans and they are able to do something about it.. Then the country has the problem.

Sorry, I can't take 45 telling me mail in ballots are a significant source of voter fraud when there is no evidence of it.
    Lots of evidence of it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/polit...ges/index.html

Here is a story of 4 people looking at charges of mail in voter fraud which resulted in 20% of the ballots received for this election having to be thrown out. And this happened just a couple of months ago.

"No evidence!" says the blind man.

Lots of evidence of it.

Here is a story of 4 people looking at charges of mail in voter fraud which resulted in 20% of the ballots received for this election having to be thrown out. And this happened just a couple of months ago.

They were caught before the ballots were turned in... so it was attempted voter fraud, not voter fraud.
    Because that is a BIG difference.
    And where in the article does it say 20%? I couldn’t find it.
    Last edited by Solkern; 07-01-2020 at 11:12 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    They were caught before the ballots were turned in... so it was attempted voter fraud, not voter fraud.
    Shaddap!

Shaddap!
    Sir, yes sir!
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Because that is a BIG difference.
    And where in the article does it say 20%? I couldn’t find it.
    simple math, total votes vs votes discounted.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Lots of evidence of it.

I said SIGNIFICANT evidence. This is a small municipal election. No where do they say that the fraudulent votes were 20% of total votes. Votes thrown out were 19%.. its unclear how many ballots were from the stuffed mailbox, late, or the signature didn't match the one on registration.

Also, these guys got fuckin caught immediately. Do you need more evidence that voter fraud is extremely rare? Anyway, I hope they enjoy their federal jail sentence, was it worth it?

I know mail in ballots aren't bullet proof. There is no evidence that it could cause any kind of significant change in any statewide or national election.

I said SIGNIFICANT evidence. This is a small municipal election.
    So you didn't mean SIGNIFICANT evidence, you meant election fraud for a SIGNIFICANT seat.

That's a pretty weird qualifier there.

No where do they say that the fraudulent votes were 20% of total votes.