Page 193 of 291 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    You sound pretty defensive for a guy with nothing to defend.
    You sound pretty retarded for a guy with no brain.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I actually think getting the FBI investigation is a good move. Not for the sake of the FBI investigation (which is dumb), but it shuts up the left and is further protection if they try to impeach.
    Now they'll move the goal posts.

"The investigation wasn't long enough!"
    "We can't trust the FBI under Trump's direction!"
    "Why didn't they call for an investigation earlier?!"
    "Why didn't they investigate the other 231 accusations that came out after the investigation was announced?"
    "WAHHH! WAHHH! sniffle...WAHHHH! WAHHHH! pouts...WAHHHH!"

Blog Entries

The thing with the investigation, you'll have more outrageous or poorly put together claims like the Avenatti one and of course, they'll have to investigate that, because if they don't then they'll be accused of rushing it again or whatever. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You sound pretty retarded for a guy with no brain.
    How cute. You made another funny. That joke will kill with the 3rd graders. Good on ya

Blog Entries

How cute. You made another funny. That joke will kill with the 3rd graders. Good on ya
    I'm sorry I made it too advanced for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Now they'll move the goal posts.

"The investigation wasn't long enough!"
    "We can't trust the FBI under Trump's direction!"
    "Why didn't they call for an investigation earlier?!"
    "Why didn't they investigate the other 231 accusations that came out after the investigation was announced?"
    "WAHHH! WAHHH! sniffle...WAHHHH! WAHHHH! pouts...WAHHHH!"
    GOP gains ground on this because:

1) It infuriates the GOP base, which hopefully means a greater voting turnout

and

2) Legitimizes Kavanaugh's claims - FBI won't uncover anything all of which is designed for protection should the left try to impeach

There's also a third positive in that hoping the FBI uncovers something on Ford from the investigation. We know she lied about flying and we know she is a political activist. I'm sure she has skeletons in the closet and this is a perfect platform for the GOP to expose her crap. Will need to be done in a way through Kavanaugh (i.e. - based on looking into the matter, this is what was identified, of which Ford had involvement in YXZ, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The thing with the investigation, you'll have more outrageous or poorly put together claims like the Avenatti one and of course, they'll have to investigate that, because if they don't then they'll be accused of rushing it again or whatever. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Something short of a full accounting that lays these questions to rest will be rightly criticized. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" is victimization talk and I don't have any sympathy for that. Go ahead and criticize Feinstein and the dems, call it political or whatever you want but you can't objectively say these questions are all settled matters or that imposing an artificial time limit of 1 week is the best way to handle this.

Gorsuch didn't have these problems. He was put on the court last year. The thing that trump and Kavanaugh should do, to protect SCOTUS and the USA, is to withdraw with some dignity. There are plenty of GOP judges, like Gorsuch, who can make it through the process. It's not life and death and Brett doesn't "deserve" the job.

Blog Entries

Something short of a full accounting that lays these questions to rest will be rightly criticized. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" is victimization talk and I don't have any sympathy for that. Go ahead and criticize Feinstein and the dems, call it political or whatever you want but you can't objectively say these questions are all settled matters or that imposing an artificial time limit of 1 week is the best way to handle this.

Gorsuch didn't have these problems. He was put on the court last year. The thing that trump and Kavanaugh should do, to protect SCOTUS and the USA, is to withdraw with some dignity. There are plenty of GOP judges, like Gorsuch, who can make it through the process. It's not life and death and Brett doesn't "deserve" the job.
    Gorusch didn't have these problems because the Dems couldn't prevent an appointment for two years until the midterms.

If Kavanaugh was nominated first and Gorsuch was nominated now, we'd be seeing the exact same thing happening. You idiots don't care who it is that's nominated, your minds are already made up because your butthurt for Trump controls every moment of your pathetic existence and you're all full of shit about everything and people are tired of your 24/7 cry wolf bullshit.

Last edited by Methais; 09-29-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I actually think getting the FBI investigation is a good move. Not for the sake of the FBI investigation (which is dumb), but it shuts up the left and is further protection if they try to impeach.
    The FBI should investigate the accusers as well and prosecute if found to be verifiably false.