Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Hunting Ground for L60 range(estimated)

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Taking on Shan in Solhaven was a challenge at times without proper spells. It can be done, but it's tough, especially when they swarm or you walk into a spike thorn/call wind/earthen fury/disarm/tackle....the spot can be kind of unforgiving.

I wouldn't want to hunt shan with divergence or spell sever....I certainly wouldn't want to hunt higher level shan with divergence or spell sever.

Why don't they just remove magic from players, only let creatures to use it and we all just run around as warriors or rogues? That's what these new hunting areas seem to be leaning towards......
    I'd say that squares are the worst off of all classes, actually, as Spell Sever only lets them wear 2 spells. Spell Sever is a massive nerf to most squares.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I'd say that squares are the worst off of all classes, actually, as Spell Sever only lets them wear 2 spells. Spell Sever is a massive nerf to most squares.
    I've hunted plenty of times with my rogue and warriors with and without spells. Only spell my rogue knows in terms of defense is 401.

I don't play with the GMs stupidity when it comes to spell sever or divergence, they are two horrible game designs yet for some reason stupid people seem to support the GMs' ways of nerfing the game down like it's the best thing since sliced bread. If every new hunting release is done with sever and divergence in place, they'll be hunting areas that aren't visited by most people.

If they move their horseshit sever and divergence to all other hunting grounds, I'll close my account and walk away.

I definitely don't understand why people say Spell Sever is fine as is.

I brought it up again on Discord and got the same old "Squares don't need spells, so it's fine." Ok, I can also succeed with a 0x weapon and 0x armor, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be at a massive disadvantage. I don't get why I even need to argue this, but I don't think one person has voiced agreement with me.

Are all warriors just learning KS so they don't give a damn? I don't get it. But whatever, I'm getting to the end of my rope of giving a crap, as it has literally zero impact on my character who has spells up the arse. Help me help you!

Estild said on Discord that since spells are easier to come by these days that spell sever is needed. Dude, YOU are the one who pushed the Invoker, and now you are complaining that spells are too easy to get?

It’s almost like they pushed the invoker just as an excuse to nerf everything.

I just don't understand how people are ok with being able to wear spells, and suddenly dropping to 2. And they will literally eat this nerf and tell the GMs it tastes yummy.

Meanwhile, wizards get slapped on the wrist and they squawk like Canada Geese! Is it just that warriors/rogues are so used to being the worst they don't mind being nerfed? Like seriously, IMO for most rogues/warriors this is probably a bigger nerf than most of the divergence nerfs for wizards/bards! You have to hunt with significantly less DS/TD because of it. Yet am I the only one that is seeing this as a nerf? Because based on Discord responses I am a lunatic for thinking this?

And I've proposed a compromise several times, to allow you to wear spells based on MIU/AS/HP/etc, like old spellburst, but only from your own class' spell circles (Like a rift + spellburst + spell sever hybrid). But apparently squares on Discord don't want this as an option and would prefer to simply just be nerfed.

Oh, and let's not forget that Spell Sever makes AS/MIU even less valuable skills.

Some people have even claimed that Spell Sever is BETTER for a non-spell trained character, as you get two free spells. Lulz
    Last edited by Mobius1; 05-23-2022 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I just don't understand how people are ok with being able to wear spells, and suddenly dropping to 2. And they will literally eat this nerf and tell the GMs it tastes yummy.

Meanwhile, wizards get slapped on the wrist and they squawk like Canada Geese! Is it just that warriors/rogues are so used to being the worst they don't mind being nerfed? Like seriously, IMO for most rogues/warriors this is probably a bigger nerf than most of the divergence nerfs for wizards/bards! You have to hunt with significantly less DS/TD because of it. Yet am I the only one that is seeing this as a nerf? Because based on Discord responses I am a lunatic for thinking this?

And I've proposed a compromise several times, to allow you to wear spells based on MIU/AS/HP/etc, like old spellburst, but only from your own class' spell circles (Like a rift + spellburst + spell sever hybrid). But apparently squares on Discord don't want this as an option and would prefer to simply just be nerfed.

Oh, and let's not forget that Spell Sever makes AS/MIU even less valuable skills.

Some people have even claimed that Spell Sever is BETTER for a non-spell trained character, as you get two free spells. Lulz
    For what it's worth, I can't ward off shit in the upper area either, and get hit with high end rolls pretty frequently, and having a couple TD spells up makes no real difference.

I forgot which critter casts it, but I'll walk into a room and instantly get hit with Mind Jolt for like a 190+ endroll when the critter rolls like a 37 d100 or something along those lines.

At this point I have no idea what dev is even going for. Bolt DS is retardedly high on the 110+ stuff, often completely unhittable even with 211/215/307/+35 Ascension Spell Aim, critter TDs are out of control, at least elemental, player TD sucks ass for everybody, etc. Even those annoying ass ooze things usually have a stupid high bolt DS.

I haven't been there in a few days, but I'm pretty sure nothing has changed other than they nerfed the drop rate of artifacts from 100% to 33%. Which doesn't affect me much, but it's still dumb. And non-Premium people are gonna get fucked hard by that. But I think Auchand said in Discord earlier that he would put in a locksmith pool and herbalist, so that should alleviate most of that.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-23-2022 at 07:01 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Only having gone through shan as pures.. the toughest part of that area is by far catching the spiders and then getting caught up in the rest of it. I've not gone to the new capped area's but I doubt I will after reading reviews for the past week or so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Estild logic.

Pretty sure Estild wants to slow combat down to roughly the same speed as if you were playing an pen & paper tabletop game and rolling physical dice.
    For $20,000 USD, you too can survive the new hunting areas.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    For $20,000 USD, you too can survive the new hunting areas.
    I'm just gonna laugh as soon as the first "this item ignores spell sever!" comes out.

Just completely make a jackass out of all of the GMs now screeching about balance and shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm just gonna laugh as soon as the first "this item ignores spell sever!" comes out.

Just completely make a jackass out of all of the GMs now screeching about balance and shit.
    Remember, there's a reason these people aren't coding for a AAA game studio.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984