Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCF 2018 - Service Schedule

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    I'm struggling to understand how a raffle-fest is going to constitute a silver drain. Was figuring it would be more auction-oriented.
    It was never billed as a silver drain. Wyrom has repeatedly stated that they are unable to envision any sort of silver drain that isn't tedium incarnate. This is the "Great Silvers auction of 2016" repackaged. The W/P/S blacksmith being open and unlimited (which it should be all the time anyway) will be the strongest draw. As Alastir stated, the prices for work will most likely be scaling based on the item and highly inflated, just as they would be during any other raffle win. The biggest difference is the amount being offered at one time and the elevated possibility of being selected.

I saw a few mentions of a punitive effect for passing items but not the specifics, can anyone post exactly what would happen?

It looks like a few interesting items will be let loose but it's mostly just a chance to upgrade items with silvers (if you are lucky) instead of having to buy your way through them in Duskruin. A couple of people will make a few bucks selling silvers at the temporarily inflated values before they crash back down to earth. This is a classic dead cat bounce. Without a stable use for silvers the market will continue to fluctuate heavily. A good amount of people may get a tier upgrade on a project piece and make something fun or interesting but most will be priced out. That's just how things tend to work though so no preventing that. The event will be used as an example of "see, we did stuff for silvers and not just simucoins!" and the status quo will continue on. It's neither good nor bad, it simply just "is".

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalBox View Post
    It was never billed as a silver drain. Wyrom has repeatedly stated that they are unable to envision any sort of silver drain that isn't tedium incarnate. This is the "Great Silvers auction of 2016" repackaged. The W/P/S blacksmith being open and unlimited (which it should be all the time anyway) will be the strongest draw. As Alastir stated, the prices for work will most likely be scaling based on the item and highly inflated, just as they would be during any other raffle win. The biggest difference is the amount being offered at one time and the elevated possibility of being selected.

I saw a few mentions of a punitive effect for passing items but not the specifics, can anyone post exactly what would happen?

It looks like a few interesting items will be let loose but it's mostly just a chance to upgrade items with silvers (if you are lucky) instead of having to buy your way through them in Duskruin. A couple of people will make a few bucks selling silvers at the temporarily inflated values before they crash back down to earth. This is a classic dead cat bounce. Without a stable use for silvers the market will continue to fluctuate heavily. A good amount of people may get a tier upgrade on a project piece and make something fun or interesting but most will be priced out. That's just how things tend to work though so no preventing that. The event will be used as an example of "see, we did stuff for silvers and not just simucoins!" and the status quo will continue on. It's neither good nor bad, it simply just "is".
    in b4 rekt

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    in b4 rekt
    I'm sorry for giving my opinion? I'm not sure what this means.

Blog Entries

They are opening the smithy for everyone, so you can at least get some services of WPS if you don't have the silvers for the services.

5. Default

How much does "unlimited" WPS cost to add, say, somewhat crit padding to 4x fusion armor?
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    How much does "unlimited" WPS cost to add, say, somewhat crit padding to 4x fusion armor?
    https://gswiki.play.net/WPS_smithy
    I don't see anything about fusion on here so the numbers may be off.

somewhat crit padding starts off at 5 points of padding: https://gswiki.play.net/Padding
    There is some math that can make it kick in at 4 plus service points but lets just do the math for 5 points total.
    You need 50 services total on the armor to get to 5 "Combat Effectiveness rating" or 5 points of padding for somewhat crit padded.

The 4x leathers are currently 20 "Gear points" according to the gear points chart (4x armor gives +20ds, 20x1=20). I'm not sure what fusion adds to this. If it counts the enhancives inserted it could be between 1-20 additional gear points. Lets add the max 20 to our calculations and go for the "worse case" scenario. This makes your armor 40 gear points, putting you in the bracket for 5000 silvers base per service cost.

Your first 5 services will have a 0% multiplier so that is 5x5000 = 25000
    The next 5 services (6-10) will have a 25% multiplier on them, 1.25*(5x5000) = 31250
    The next 5 services (11-15) will have a 300% multiplier on them, 3*(5x5000) = 75000
    The next 5 services (16-20) will have a 350% multiplier on them , 3.5*(5x5000) = 87500
    This would put you at 20 points, needing 30 more. The next 30 points would be subject to the following - 500% + (300% for every service over 21) and this is where my math is going to go south and the price is going to go north quickly.
    I asked a coder friend and he gave me this (in python)
    base_cost = 5000
    services = 50
    actual_cost = (5 * base_cost)
    if (services - 20) > 0:
    actual_cost += (3 * base_cost) * (services - 20)
    print (actual_cost)

It turned out : 475000
    So if we add it all up we get : 693,750 silvers

Hope that is close and or helpful!

Edit: I couldn't stop thinking about this. Something doesn't seem right, I think it is way too low. I might be over thinking it though?
    Last edited by MusicalBox; 05-01-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Except you're way off... the Price per Gear Point is cumulative. Using your assumption of worst case scenario of 40 GPs (20 from 4x and 20 from fusion script) it would be:

GPs 1-20 (20*1750)
    GPs 21-35 (15*3250)
    GPs 36-40 (5*5000)
    For total of 108750 silver per service point.

You're looking to do 50 service points total. Note that at 21 service points and higher, the cost gets exponentially more expensive. Also crit weight/padding has a 10% surcharge. So those numbers look like:

No code has to be inserted here.

For a total of 184m silvers. So yep, you were off.
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong

Just plain 4x armor (no scripts) would be:

20 GP for 35000 silvers per service point.

Would be 59,241,875 silver to go to 50 CER - SWCP
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong

9. Default

Wow, I don't call a lot of things stupid, but that's stupid.

Thank you for the info though, it looks like it might have taken a lot of time
    Last edited by gilchristr; 05-01-2018 at 11:36 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

10. Default

Wow! I was way off. My apologies for that. At least we got the correct, if unsettling, answer out of it! I'll stay away from maths from now on.