Thread: Forged weapons

Default Forged weapons

Is it worth attempting to sell less then perfect forged weapons if I don't have a shop or should I just let the pawn have them? If it's worth trying to sell them here, how much should I realistically expect to get for them?

I'm working my way though slabs from the slab generator to try to make some daggers for my ranger, so I'm expecting to have quite a few of various quality and of most of the materials that can be gotten from it before I finish.
    Last edited by Nothing; 03-15-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Is it worth attempting to sell less then perfect forged weapons if I don't have a shop or should I just let the pawn have them? If it's worth trying to sell them here, how much should I realistically expect to get for them?

I'm working my way though slabs from the slab generator to try to make some daggers for my ranger, so I'm expecting to have quite a few of various quality and of most of the materials that can be gotten from it before I finish.

Probably not really, you might find some selling for new characters and the like but there are just so many weapons around I don't know if they will do anything for you. Certainly not for daggers. If you make falcs you could try putting them for sale for a relatively cheap price and see if you recoup some of your cost.
    Last edited by Drew; 03-15-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

I sell my superior 4xs in my shop for 100-200k. They sell over time. They are great weapons for disarming creatures.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

thanks for the input.... looks like I'm going to be having a sale to free up locker space soon...

From a game mechanics standpoint a perfect is just a hair better than a superior, having said that, if it is your uber weapon that all the work is being done on, you clearly want a perfect, but Ososis is right, for things that disarm, a 5-6X superior works great and is still a pretty damn good weapon. I would think there is some sort of market for superior. If they ever offer that service to upgrade a superior to perfect, that would increase the value as well.

When I forge, I usually go in mithril, so I usually donate my superiors to the Black Wolves. They enchant em up, sell em to newbs. I'm good with that. Your mileage may vary.
    SEND[Retser] Take this, it is dangerous to go alone.

A wooden broadsword appears in your hands, which quickly crumbles to dust.