Page 73 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    It's already an official inquiry. Just because it's not been put to a full vote doesn't mean Congress loses it's oversight authority. Trump doesn't mould reality.
    No, it isn't an official inquiry. It is Dem Committee Chairmen subpoenaing people. An official inquiry would allow both sides to subpoena and requires a vote within the committee. A vote that would easily pass, as it would be on party lines. For some reason, they do not want to do this.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-10-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, it isn't an official inquiry. It is Dem Committee Chairmen subpoenaing people. An official inquiry would allow both sides to subpoena and requires a vote within the committee. A vote that would easily pass, as it would be on party lines. For some reason, they do not want to do this.
    Honestly, Pelosi just wants to turn this over to the senate. There's a whole lot more political capital in doing so for the Democrats.They get to say "Look, we tried to impeach but those evil Republicans stopped us." Their base will eat it up. There's far too much risk in going full blown impeachment and in this case....there's a pretty good chance some democrats will go down in the process.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 10-10-2019 at 12:49 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Biden says Trump should be impeached. I'm sure all of the Democrats will be outraged that a presidential candidate is trying to interfere with our elections in such a way!!!

I'm also sure Democrats will demand that any Democrat in the Senate running for president should also recuse themselves and not participate in any possible impeachment trial and won't vote on it.

Right?

...right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    I really don't know what they care about. Foreign interference is generally where the issue lies.

Impeachment inquiry goes far beyond that tho. Abusing national security systems to hide "bad" calls, having a private citizens acting on behalf of the government, pushing foreign countries to spend money at businesses he owns, not complying with oversight.

You know. As Lindsey Graham put it..."The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury"
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Biden says Trump should be impeached. I'm sure all of the Democrats will be outraged that a presidential candidate is trying to interfere with our elections in such a way!!!

I'm also sure Democrats will demand that any Democrat in the Senate running for president should also recuse themselves and not participate in any possible impeachment trial and won't vote on it.

Right?

...right?
    It's an odd hill to take a stand on, but yes. Make it official at this point. They have the votes.

I haven't paid as much attention to this over the last week or so because life's busy. Is the reason they haven't made it official because they're protecting Biden from cross examination? Investigate the whole thing in my opinion.
    They don't want to make it official becauase none of them want to be on record as having voted for it, especially the ones who live in red states.

So instead they're putting on this show to appease the Backlashes of their party, which seems to be most of their party these days.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I'm sure the Democrats are every bit as eager to meet the pro forma demands of the Player's Corner since we're such a happily partison representation of the electorate.

Blog Entries

I'm sure the Democrats are every bit as eager to meet the pro forma demands of the Player's Corner since we're such a happily partison representation of the electorate.
    Tell me why they don't just do the vote in committee and make in official? Hmm? Pelosi afraid to share subpoena power? Give me a reason.

A full vote of the House doesn't even guarantee subpeona power. I'm guessing that she knows if the partisan warrior's of the minority party start issuing subpeonas then they'll be the only ones answered. Trump will happily crow that he's answering the only legitimate inquiries, which will focus solely around Hunter Biden, Benghazi and Secretary of State Clinton.

Blog Entries

A full vote of the House doesn't even guarantee subpeona power. I'm guessing that she knows if the partisan warrior's of the minority party start issuing subpeonas then they'll be the only ones answered. Trump will happily crow that he's answering the only legitimate inquiries, which will focus solely around Hunter Biden, Benghazi and Secretary of State Clinton.
    It is a committee vote to make it official, not the entire House. The House votes after the committee posts its findings. And no, all the subpoenas will be answered, if the inquiry is made official. The Supreme Court ruled on this vs Nixon. The only leg Trump is standing on right now is that this unofficial inquiry is Unconstitutional. Make it official, he no longer has that.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-10-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is a committee vote to make it official, not the entire House. The House votes after the committee posts its findings. And no, all the subpoenas will be answered, if the inquiry is made official. The Supreme Court ruled on this vs Nixon. The only leg Trump is standing on right now is that this unofficial inquiry is Unconstitutional. Make it official, he no longer has that.
    I look forward to being proved wrong if that's truly the case.

I mean. More people support impeachment country wide than don't.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...mp-impeachment
    I support it too, and I'd say "yes" if I got polled on it, just to watch democrats get pwned even harder in 2020.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-10-2019 at 02:55 PM.