Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: 1206 Telekinesis released

Simu has gone to a whole new level of retarded with this. WTF?

Monks are broken and they give them a spell that won't be used. Seriously, so triggered here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    Ok, new plan. We somehow get simu to implement all the spells in the Major Mental and Savant Base circles as scrolls, wands, and imbeds as festival content. Everyone will rush to buy the new spells and simu will make lots of money. Simu will eventually release Savants because they already made most of it when selling stuff at the festivals. They can throw a big celebration, players get Savants and everyone will be happy.
    Only problem is any profit GS makes gets tossed in the mobile game dev pit.

Best case scenario is this may be preparation to swap out empath's major spirit circle with minor mental, but that is still likely years off.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Only problem is any profit GS makes gets tossed in the mobile game dev pit.

Best case scenario is this may be preparation to swap out empath's major spirit circle with minor mental, but that is still likely years off.
    240 is better than all of the MnM circle combined. Doubtful that empaths would be excited to lose that.

Finally wizards have a powerful bolting spell
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    GMs realized they can pad their monthly paychecks by selling this as a SK imbed or item at the next event, plain and simple.

It would actually make *more* sense for this spell to use thrown weapons than spell aiming because you’re aiming/hurling an object not a spell.
    If this ends up being what happens that will be the shittiest move Simu has ever pulled. And they've pulled some really shady shit over the years.

"We don't balance things around Duskruin. But we never said anything about creating entirely new spells that will be useless for the only class that can use it natively for cash grab purposes."

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Is it just me or does Estild just not want us to have any nice things ever?
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...rcle/view/2896

Not to hijack another thread into wizard stuff, but check out Estild's massively retarded non-response:

Quote Originally Posted by Methais
    The 517 core buff was announced on April 1. We thought it was an April Fools' joke, turns out it wasn't.

I don't remember when the "iridescent" part was added to make those cores stand out, but it was shortly after.

Up until recently, I was opening on average 200 cores per day. Some days more, some days less.

Confluence loot seems to have slowed down recently (Confluence loot doesn't work like normal loot, even though no one will confirm this. I can elaborate if someone wants, but it's not really relevant to this post), so I'd estimate on average 100 plinites a day since then. To keep the math simple, I'll apply an average of 150 plinites since April 1.

April 1 was 160 days ago.

160 days x 150 plinites = 24,000 plinites

Number of iridescents found: 0

Taking into account that before the "iridescent" part was added, I suppose I could have been inadvertently selling these cores to the vendor as "a faintly glowing core." I don't remember when the description was updated, but it was sometime in April I'm pretty sure. So to be generous, we'll just cut April out of the equation altogether and start from May 1.

May 1 was 130 days ago.

130 days x 150 plinites = 19,500 cores

Number of iridescent cores found: 0

Super generous super lowball numbers since May 1:

130 days x 100 plinites = 13,000 cores

Number of iridescents found: 0

High end @ 200 per day since April 1:

160 x 200 = 32,000 cores

Numbers of iridescents found: 0

The capped ranger in plat I spoke with recently, who is pretty much the only Confluence hunter in Plat, is having the same experience with numbers very similar to mine and has also found 0 iridescent cores since they've existed.

In unrelated news, I'm already seeing multiple sale threads for those "super rare" foraging mushrooms that came out last month. Yes it's apples and oranges. But it also isn't. But it is, but isn't. And stuff.

Anyway, just thought I would post some numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild
    In unrelated news, I'm already seeing multiple sale threads for those "super rare" foraging mushrooms that came out last month. Yes it's apples and oranges. But it also isn't. But it is, but isn't. And stuff.
    Who claimed the mushroom was going to be "super rare"? It's not. The iridescent core is. They each offer different benefits, so naturally, their drop rate is not going to be the same.

GameMaster Estild
    >Who claimed the mushroom was going to be "super rare"? It's not. The iridescent core is. They each offer different benefits, so naturally, their drop rate is not going to be the same.

>GameMaster Estild

Oh my bad, you said "rare" and not "super rare."

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...pells/view/608

>It is now possible for Resist Nature (620) to work on heavy armors (chain and plate), but it requires a new special potion. The herbalist who crafts the other potions will craft the new potion if you bring them a luminescent indigo mushroom, which can be found randomly on high luck rolls when foraging for other items. It is a rare and limited drop. The luminescent indigo mushroom potion must then be poured onto the armor before the other normal potion is applied. When Resist Nature is applied to heavy armors, it is done so at half of the normal effectiveness.

>GameMaster Estild

However, it turns out I was also remembering incorrectly about the cores being "super rare" instead of just "rare" as well:

>Infuriated by the rising costs of reagents and enchanting materials, wizard guild masters at the local Wehnimer's branch took to the streets to vent their frustrations. The protest turned violent when merchant guild representatives hit the streets to silence and mock the mages who might cut into their profits. Chaos ensued as the mages lost their tempers and unleashed fire and fury on the snooty merchants and their wagons. At day's end, many a merchant was battered and bruised from staff and book, and at least two wagons were reduced to ash. Several wizards were seen running away from the scene carrying bags of loot and merchandise. The local constable has been dispatched to track down the stolen merchandise, but admits the chances of recovery are slim. When asked the total loss of goods suffered in the incident, the merchant's guild representative responded, "the goods are easily replaced, but the recharge trade secrets, RECHARGE TRADE SECRETS are gone!" before rushing off in tears.

>There now exist wizard master level "rodyn" potions that will convert any magic item into mage rechargeable items for a small window of time (60 seconds). During this time a wizard may use an orb prepared with 517 to charge the item using the same rules that GM-Merchant characters use for charging items. Meaning no chance of failure (assuming the item hasn't deteriorated to the point of not being chargable verifiable via merchant messaging on 405) and much lower mana costs (1 mana per charge) than traditional mage charging. Creation of this potion will require a high-level and rare ingredient, but will produce a potion with 5 pours, allowing upwards of 200 charges from a single non-rechargeable item at nominal risk.

>Viduus

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ements/view/46

My apologies for the confusion. But thank you for helping me realize that cores are supposed to be just "rare" and not "super rare" like I was incorrectly remembering.
    An entire post documenting all kinds of numbers, and the only part he responds to is the part that starts with "In unrelated news..."

Confirmed Estild wants monks to be wizards.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-11-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    240 is better than all of the MnM circle combined. Doubtful that empaths would be excited to lose that.
    240 didn't exist yet, they were all worried about losing 225. If the plan had stayed to have Empaths getting MnM, the spell circle would be a bit different from what it is now.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Can you imagine being a dev for any other game in the world and proposing the equivalent of this in a meeting. Like sitting at blizzard HQ

<scene, blizzard HQ>
    "yeah so i have an idea for a new spell, where you use your mind to throw a rock at stuff"
    "oh that's cool"
    "yeah the damage would be bassed off of your intelligence stat and spell damage"
    "makes sense"
    "i'm going to give it to rogues"
    "...wait what? you mean wizards?"
    "no, for rogues. See it's this new set of spells that rogues and the new class we're working on can use"
    "...but rogues can't use it"
    "yeah but it's in this set of spells that rogues and the new class can, and the new class should be out but i dunno, 2037 or something"
    "....ok yeah man, go for it"
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I'd trade 225 tomorrow for 1213 as an empath.

Losing 211/215/218/219 is more of a concern, plus as was stated, 240.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I'd trade 225 tomorrow for 1213 as an empath.

Losing 211/215/218/219 is more of a concern, plus as was stated, 240.
    Biggest argument I heard was 225. They couldn't be "rescuers" anymore. There was supposedly a "reverse fog" that was going to be put into MnM, but the bitching was such epic proportions that they just dropped it. Who knows how different the MnM would be today if Empaths got it and lost MjS. You might not even be worried about the things lost, but rather, how awesome the things gained were. Everyone was retardedly short sighted.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-11-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    My guess is that Estild coded this spell primarily so it could be released as an X/day item at the next Duskruin.
    This is the only possible explanation.