Page 296 of 1640 FirstFirst ... 1962462862942952962972983063463967961296 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 16400

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...mpression=true

So basically 3 Democrats wrote up an "Abolish ICE" bill, hoping to score brownie points in their districts among their base and their donors, thinking the speaker would never allow for a floor vote.

Then Paul Ryan said sure, I'll allow a floor vote. Then the same 3 Democrats are saying they will vote no on the measure and are calling the whole thing a political stunt by Ryan. I love it.
    I didn't get that from the article, just the Schumer doesn't agree with the Abolish ICE thing.

It is definitely a dumb stance by any democrats who take it though. sure, their Democrat base will love it but those are their base and go democrat regardless. You are trying to grab those moderates. I don't think the moderates agree with abolishing law enforcement agencies for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Just finished watching the Strzok hearing, total kangaroo court. 2 years later and House Republicans are still obsessing over Hillary's emails.
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-12-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Just finished watching the Strzok hearing, total kangaroo court. 2 years later and House Republicans are still obsessing over Hillary's emails.
    Were any subpoenas involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I didn't get that from the article, just the Schumer doesn't agree with the Abolish ICE thing.

It is definitely a dumb stance by any democrats who take it though. sure, their Democrat base will love it but those are their base and go democrat regardless. You are trying to grab those moderates. I don't think the moderates agree with abolishing law enforcement agencies for the most part.
    The article is from The Hill, they are like MSNBC on steroids. They aren't going to mention the 3 Democrats who introduced the bill said they are going to vote no. But the 3 Democrats who introduced the bill said they are going to vote no.

Were any subpoenas involved?

eta: you just said sub penis
    Last edited by Wrathbringer; 07-12-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Blog Entries

The article is from The Hill, they are like MSNBC on steroids. They aren't going to mention the 3 Democrats who introduced the bill said they are going to vote no. But the 3 Democrats who introduced the bill said they are going to vote no.
    I mean, I think it is great to call the fuckers on it anyways. I'd love to see this all explode in their face.

Here's the source for the three Democrats saying they won't pass it:

https://twitter.com/ella_nilsen/stat...140224/photo/1

Blog Entries

Here's the source for the three Democrats saying they won't pass it:

https://twitter.com/ella_nilsen/stat...140224/photo/1
    Force a discussion? It'll be voted down and next business will go.

Blog Entries

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

I don't want cwolff to think I'm picking on him so I'll post this here instead of the Russia thread.

Yet ANOTHER Washington Post so called journalist was forced to correct his tweets after Nikki Haley herself demanded he do so. Only took him a day or two to get it right.

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/stat...15494699151361

Remember the good old days when journalists would be as careful as possible to get the story right the first time? Having to issue a retraction was seen as a big no no.

Now journalists find the narrative they want, push it out as fast as possible, then it's almost like second nature to them now to just have to retract their wrong story after millions of people have already seen the false information.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-14-2018 at 05:02 PM.