Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1104

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You're acting like Nike is some bastion of civil rights and shit. It is about money. That is it. Don't put Nike on a pedestal.
    Like it or not they took a gamble and bet on civil rights while picking a fight with the President who is known to use his bully pulpit to attack corporations. They pushed the NFL too. Even the most cynical have to recognise this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Like it or not they took a gamble and bet on civil rights while picking a fight with the President who is known to use his bully pulpit to attack corporations. They pushed the NFL too. Even the most cynical have to recognise this.
    Lmao, no. They used the political environment to make more money. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Lmao, no. They used the political environment to make more money. Nothing more, nothing less.
    If only it were that easy. You guys act as if there was no risk involved. Like they have a crystal ball

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Nike is gonna solve all problems with an ad designed to appeal to bleeding hearts. Just you watch, hater.

If only it were that easy. You guys act as if there was no risk involved. Like they have a crystal ball
    Breaking news: Capitalism almost always involves risk. Even if it didn't work out of them, it's not like they'd be going under. Worst case it would be a speed bump on their 2018 report and little to nothing else.

Stop being such a gullible sheep. Nike wouldn't give a shit about Kaepernick or any of this if they didn't think they could make money off of it. And they shouldn't, because they're a business and the objective of a business is to make money, not soothe your butthurt.

Last edited by Methais; 09-10-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

They didn't take a gamble though. They knew there'd be an initital hit, but they knew their steady sales would get their stocks back up. They know their market. It is hilarious that you think a global multi-billion dollar corporation actually gives a fuck about Kaepernick or what he kneels for. This is why people get degrees in marketing. This is why their marketing execs make millions of dollars. To convince idiots like you to buy their products.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Oh. Are we still upset that black football players found out they have 1st Amendment rights?

Because when Tim Tebow kneeled during the national anthem to pray, I don't remember anyone getting upset.

Oh. Are we still upset that black football players found out they have 1st Amendment rights?

Because when Tim Tebow kneeled during the national anthem to pray, I don't remember anyone getting upset.
    Didn't tons of people get upset?

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Didn't tons of people get upset?
    Um...no?

People praised him and started referring to it as "Tebowing"

Blog Entries

You should research things before you speak, it makes you look like an idiot. He didn't kneel to pray during the National Anthem. He did it prior to the National Anthem.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam