Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Morning Rift Humor

Default Early Morning Rift Humor

[The Rift]
    The garden about you is dead, as dead as the rubble of the castle it sits behind. Dead branches overhang the paths, their bark scorched and marred by deep gashes. Flowerbeds contain dried blossoms, trampled beneath a multitude of uncaring booted feet. Upon a cracked and battered pedestal resting in one of the flowerbeds rests a gold coin, still strangely bright. You also see an enormous rift crawler that appears dead.
    Also here: the body of Phenar who is lying down
    Obvious paths: northeast, southeast
    R>peer ne
    You peer northeast and see ...

[The Rift]
    A white bier rests in the center of a copse of dead trees. Four swords stand about it, one at each corner. Resting upon the cold stone bed is a man. His grey hair is held back by a golden crown, and his beard flows down his broad chest. Upon the side of the stone is carved a set of characters. Most of the letters have been lost to time, leaving only "---r, K--g of -h- -od-."
    Obvious exits: southeast, northwest
    R>peer se
    You peer southeast and see ...

[The Rift]
    Two crippled men, limbs horribly deformed and faces covered in pox, hobble past a grand cathedral. All about them the street is littered with the dead and dying, moaning and writhing in pain as the epidemic wracks their bodies. Glittering from the eaves of the church are five gold coins, casting golden motes of light upon the diseased men as if mocking their tortured existence. You also see a slippery wooden chute.
    Obvious exits: southwest, northwest
    R>l
    Speaking quietly to an enormous rift crawler, the ghostly voice of Phenar exclaims, "Give it up!"
    R>
    [The Rift]
    The garden about you is dead, as dead as the rubble of the castle it sits behind. Dead branches overhang the paths, their bark scorched and marred by deep gashes. Flowerbeds contain dried blossoms, trampled beneath a multitude of uncaring booted feet. Upon a cracked and battered pedestal resting in one of the flowerbeds rests a gold coin, still strangely bright. You also see an enormous rift crawler that appears dead.
    R>loot
    You search the rift crawler.
    It didn't carry any silver.
    It had a pink topaz on it!
    It had nothing else of value.
    The rift crawler's translucent outer husk melts away, its smoky inner core disappearing in greyed ribbons on the air.
    >stance d
    You are now in a defensive stance.
    >agree
    You adopt an agreeable expression.
    >l
    [The Rift]
    The garden about you is dead, as dead as the rubble of the castle it sits behind. Dead branches overhang the paths, their bark scorched and marred by deep gashes. Flowerbeds contain dried blossoms, trampled beneath a multitude of uncaring booted feet. Upon a cracked and battered pedestal resting in one of the flowerbeds rests a gold coin, still strangely bright. You also see a pink topaz.
    >se
    [The Rift]
    Two crippled men, limbs horribly deformed and faces covered in pox, hobble past a grand cathedral. All about them the street is littered with the dead and dying, moaning and writhing in pain as the epidemic wracks their bodies. Glittering from the eaves of the church are five gold coins, casting golden motes of light upon the diseased men as if mocking their tortured existence. You also see a slippery wooden chute.
    Obvious exits: southwest, northwest
    >'see ya on two!
    You deeply exclaim, "See ya on two!"
    >
    You feel recovered from your whirlwind flurry of strikes.
    >g ch
    Your feet slip out from under you as you step into the wooden chute! Before there is a chance to react, you are whipping down into the darkness. The slide throws you about, and as you try to control your rapid descent you are suddenly struck in the forehead by a low overhang. You are barely able to keep consciousness as you feel yourself being thrown out into the air. Your leaden limbs move to try to break your fall as the ground rushes to meet you!
    ... 70 points of damage!
    Blow to abdomen breaks you almost in two!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 26 mins...

DEAD>
    * The death cry of Roblar echoes in your mind!

I thought I was still dragging him, forgot the drag broke when a worm yelled at me.

Someday we are going to have a chute diving contest. Last one to die wins.

I'm 0-2 I think. Definitely have never survived.

You go first and show me it's possible!

0-2 as well.

I love how "early morning" was around 11 am
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

8:22 for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    8:22 for me!
    other time zones don't exist
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

I've survived the chute on multiple occasions, I've also died to it a fair number of times. When I decided the odds seemed fair enough in favor of dying versus not, I gave up taking the chute with the corpses.

On very rare occasions, I'd also die after dropping through the chute. A long stun and a pissed off csetairi who likes their mass dispel and/or losing your right hand/arm tends to up those chances significantly.
    ---------------------------------

R.I.P. Sparkle Motion

I'm 1-0 with the chute. Generally speaking, I think you're going to lose a body part going down the chute, so it's kind of a random luck of the draw sort of thing.

I propose a contest with a 100k entry fee: We all go down the chute, survivers line up to do it again... repeat till only one person is alive. Winner take all. Who's in?

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I'm 1-0 with the chute. Generally speaking, I think you're going to lose a body part going down the chute, so it's kind of a random luck of the draw sort of thing.

I propose a contest with a 100k entry fee: We all go down the chute, survivers line up to do it again... repeat till only one person is alive. Winner take all. Who's in?
    250k entry fee?