Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which classes are scrub-tier friendly?

Default Which classes are scrub-tier friendly?

I may have some people coming in and I'm trying to figure out what classes are scrub friendly. Input welcome.

I know that Warriors and Paladins are the basic melee starters and Sorcerers are walking nukes later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I may have some people coming in and I'm trying to figure out what classes are scrub friendly. Input welcome.

I know that Warriors and Paladins are the basic melee starters and Sorcerers are walking nukes later on.
    It depends if they will be subbing or coming in as F2P. It changes dramatically between the two due to some abilities being severly limited or outright blocked without any practical way to unlock.

Blog Entries

Starting out, pures are annoying due to mana issues and 1700 helps only a little bit.

I'd say paladins or rangers, you can melee well AND you have some spells to play with.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Starting out, pures are annoying due to mana issues and 1700 helps only a little bit.

I'd say paladins or rangers, you can melee well AND you have some spells to play with.
    A lot of your spells will be blocked as a ranger though (again if going F2P).

I think everything except maybe empath, bard, and monks are pretty accessible.

The learning curve for the game is steep AF regardless of which class you start out.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post

The learning curve for the game is steep AF regardless of which class you start out.
    Empaths are very difficult to level as F2P, Bards are probably the worst F2P class since you won't be able to cast any spells, and monks...are actually the most F2P friendly... which doesn't say much as they suck as a class.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post

Bard seems pretty easy, all things considered. I think they are kind of like Paladins though. Mediocre until they hit their stride.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Bard seems pretty easy, all things considered. I think they are kind of like Paladins though. Mediocre until they hit their stride.
    I'd imagine spellsongs and multisong penalty are annoying for new players, though.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'd imagine spellsongs and multisong penalty are annoying for new players, though.
    True.

Blog Entries

Warrior is going to be the easiest to learn, I think, and is a great starter class to get to know the basic GS stuff as.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam