Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Oval Office Address!

The steel system failed, but so did every single prototype they tested. The actual numbers are a nightmare, he is asking 5.7 billion for 255 miles of wall/fence the actual cost for all of it becomes north of 35 billion based on unwalled sections, an that is just the materials. Add in things like labor and paying for the land, I assume you intend to pay, you need to add in another 60 plus billion dollars. Or maybe you think 255 miles is all they need, those amazing better then ICE or the olice vehicles the migrants suddenly have can only get to that tine portion of the border.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    The steel system failed, but so did every single prototype they tested. The actual numbers are a nightmare, he is asking 5.7 billion for 255 miles of wall/fence the actual cost for all of it becomes north of 35 billion based on unwalled sections, an that is just the materials. Add in things like labor and paying for the land, I assume you intend to pay, you need to add in another 60 plus billion dollars. Or maybe you think 255 miles is all they need, those amazing better then ICE or the olice vehicles the migrants suddenly have can only get to that tine portion of the border.
    The experts on the ground say we need it. Besides that, it pays for itself, unlike your free college, universal health care, guaranteed income, etc. You're just still butthurt over losing the election in 2016. Also, the last sentence made no sense. Are you having a stroke or just retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    I love how you’re all of a sudden concerned about money now.

Mexico pays in 3 ways. First, they keep more of their own people who are not in the US sending money home to Mexico. That is a major drain on the US economy AND at one point amounted to almost half their economy so significantly reducing this is a boost to our economy. Second, they have to pay to support their own people who are not crossing into the US illegally to get jobs, now Mexico has to support their families and not US this is a substantial savings in spend on social services. Lastly, with a less porous border, the US can expect to deport people and have them stay deported a lot more so we spend less on law enforcement on them which is a substantial cost savings. And as a bonus, with less of them in the workforce, wages rise generating more tax money, we see a downward pressure on insurance costs due to uninsured illegals which increases people's discretionary income and overall crime drops by the amount caused by illegals when we get them out of the country.

Your idiot concerns about money are a distraction when you want to send foreign aid to everyone under the sun and want to give everyone free healthcare, college and a basic income. In the long run, if we spent 100 billion on a massive infrastructure project, created a ton of jobs and cut the strain on social services, then it would pay for it's self in just a few years in cost savings as we catch and deport people and the numbers of illegals actually drops.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

5. Default

I don't often agree mostly with a full one of your posts, Rocktar, but I'll go ahead and agree with that one. And as an additional commentary...I do find it kind of laughable that largely the same people screaming for socialized healthcare and free college are the ones flailing their arms and going "FIFTY BILLIONS?! Money doesn't grow on trees! Are you insane?!", like their programs wouldn't be many, many times that expensive, every single year.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 01-11-2019 at 09:29 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Did you know 18% of our entire domestic US economy rests on the shoulders of illegal workers?
    Cite your source for this, because just eyeballing it, I'm gonna go ahead and say that number is bonkers and you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Mexico pays in 3 ways. First, they keep more of their own people who are not in the US sending money home to Mexico. That is a major drain on the US economy AND at one point amounted to almost half their economy so significantly reducing this is a boost to our economy. Second, they have to pay to support their own people who are not crossing into the US illegally to get jobs, now Mexico has to support their families and not US this is a substantial savings in spend on social services. Lastly, with a less porous border, the US can expect to deport people and have them stay deported a lot more so we spend less on law enforcement on them which is a substantial cost savings. And as a bonus, with less of them in the workforce, wages rise generating more tax money, we see a downward pressure on insurance costs due to uninsured illegals which increases people's discretionary income and overall crime drops by the amount caused by illegals when we get them out of the country.

Your idiot concerns about money are a distraction when you want to send foreign aid to everyone under the sun and want to give everyone free healthcare, college and a basic income. In the long run, if we spent 100 billion on a massive infrastructure project, created a ton of jobs and cut the strain on social services, then it would pay for it's self in just a few years in cost savings as we catch and deport people and the numbers of illegals actually drops.
    This is correct, unfortunatly, it's not really about money for the democraps. That's an excuse. They just don't want trump getting the wall he promised and america voted for because it would be yet another win for Trump going into 2020. Also, don't forget all the benefits of illegal aliens not being here to use up our public resources like hospital emergency rooms, food banks, etc. A barrier pays for itself quickly and then offers continuing dividends/savings from then on just by existing. It's an investment, and a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I don't often agree mostly with a full one of your posts, Rocktar, but I'll go ahead and agree with that one. And as an additional commentary...I do find it kind of laughable that largely the same people screaming for socialized healthcare and free college are the ones flailing their arms and going "FIFTY BILLIONS?! Money doesn't grow on trees! Are you insane?!", like their programs wouldn't be many, many times that expensive, every single year.
    Exactly. The hypocrisy of the left is real, but again, they don't really think it's too expensive or that it won't be effective. They just don't want trump delivering on a campaign promise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    What the fuck.

That will get some air time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.