Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Thread: Dreaven Melt Down

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    I choose not to participate because I find the whole thing heavily OOC and really not conducive to RP.
    It's not OOC. Your face is OOC!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

33 million since I've started keeping track, yes. People wishing to show their appreciation out of their own free will doesn't somehow make this event not free.

People hear 33 million silvers and think it's a lot of silvers, and it is, and I'm not trying to diminish the generosity of the people who have tipped me, but that's 33 million in 3 months.
    It's a lot to most people, I think that gets lost with a lot of people who have been playing a long time. Most people don't buy silvers, or can't earn silvers en masse. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you earning that much from people's free will/wish to repay your generosity. We can all think of a hundred scenarios where people earned money nefariously and should be reprimanded about it, this isn't one of those.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

It's pretty clear you don't attend Dreavenings. You're acting like everyone shows up and are a bunch of zombies just mindlessly waiting for their spells. While this is certainly true in some cases a lot of people actually do talk, interact, and yes, even RP while waiting for the spells to start. The other day I even led a group for an RP quest in search of one of my characters who was kidnapped (by another character I created.) I also hold Roshambo tournaments at every Dreavening that a lot of people engage in and have fun with. I think some people have even made friends at my Dreavenings.
    I'm sure they have, interactions lead to friendships. But taking all those interactions away from the community to do in the 15 minutes prep time of a dreavening that you could just as easily AFK unresponsive is a net loss by MY non educated maths. Again, the "it's so annoying to get asked for spell ups" is kindof weak unless you RP a pussy It's awesome that you do RP stuff, you do a lot of cool stuff, and we disagree on the impacts of the dreavinings, and that's fine.

This and your prior point aren't really fair. I didn't "use the Dreavenings" for either of these things, I advertised this on my LNet channel. I have NEVER brought OOC shit in game, even at my Dreavenings.
    Sure, and I realize that you seperate that IC and OOC, but you have to know that you have a greater influence on the population due to your dreavenings. You can turn tides, swing elections, banish a player, crash the game (at least that one time lol) and all of that power is fine for you to have, but it is a tangible benefit. As is the donations (which again, I don't have an issue with, but they are there). I don't take issue with the benefits you derive from what you do, but don't pretend like there are none.

So while I do very much appreciate the tips I'm not exactly swimming in a Scrooge McDuck sized vault filled with silvers.
    Nobody is swiming in a Scrooge McDuck sized vault. That is much too small.
    Last edited by Ososis; 07-17-2017 at 12:41 AM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    But taking all those interactions away from the community to do in the 15 minutes prep time of a dreavening that you could just as easily AFK unresponsive is a net loss by MY non educated maths.
    Come on, how often do you see upwards of 100+ people all in the same room at the same time? It's rare even at GM run events and merchants. It's not like I'm taking 100 people away

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    You can turn tides, swing elections, banish a player, crash the game (at least that one time lol) and all of that power is fine for you to have, but it is a tangible benefit.
    Sure but it's a benefit I don't use. I didn't even run in the Landing mayor race because I figured it would be unfair to everyone else involved. I personally bowed out of the running for mod on these forums. I even mostly withdrew myself from my usual rantings on the LNet channel and went really low key, but that didn't stop the jealous assholes from having to shit on me whenever I did decide to chat.

Blog Entries

Come on, how often do you see upwards of 100+ people all in the same room at the same time? It's rare even at GM run events and merchants. It's not like I'm taking 100 people away

Sure but it's a benefit I don't use. I didn't even run in the Landing mayor race because I figured it would be unfair to everyone else involved. I personally bowed out of the running for mod on these forums. I even mostly withdrew myself from my usual rantings on the LNet channel and went really low key, but that didn't stop the jealous assholes from having to shit on me whenever I did decide to chat.
    Rape
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Blog Entries

33m isn't really a lot when you consider how many people he's spelled up and how many times and the number of spells and services he's given to each one of those people. Consider that some people charge 25k for a single wizard spellup.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I assume this is out of the Landing, right? Still plenty of people going without these services in River's Rest, Ta'Vaalor/Illistim, and Teras Isle if you like the smaller scale people-helping-people interactions.
    Last edited by Fallen; 07-17-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I love the Dreavenings... the idea, the execution, the roshambo... all of it. It comes across as a little bit OOC, but to be honest the effort is pretty clearly made to keep it as close to in-character as possible. There's definitely interaction going on between the recipients, and it's a hugely valuable service to a lot of people. I'm happy to tip as often as I can, just out of appreciation for the effort and time that goes into them.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Blog Entries

Pretty much all large scale gatherings outside of GM lead non-festival storylines are barely IC affairs. Think festivals waiting for merchants. Roleplay is almost discouraged in those settings, as everyone is just waiting for their turn in line and grumpy from lack of sleep and perceived lack of services.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

10. Default

If it wasn't one of the toons used posting on the amulet, I apologize. I still wouldn't use a dreavening because, well that's just me. To the 2 asshats that neg repped me because they thought I was tuned to OOC on lich... I don't use lich. I know what it is but I have no use for it. I'm all for spellups and such. I do blurs and/or colors with my wizard and ranger almost on a nightly basis. Well the nights I'm able to play for more than about 5 minutes that is.